Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anish

Stoke - post match reactions

2 points wasted. That cnut Fuller scores again. How does he do it. I knew i should have put money on it - he would'nt have scored then.

Shocking, lifeless performance in the 1st half, absoloutely diabolical. The 2 lumps up front was never gona work - get 3 pacy ones up there (DJ, Hume and Fryatt), and you create havoc in their large but lumbering DeFence.

Tactics were all wrong, we need Kaebi in there quick, but the thing is Megson seems to rate Stearman, as he said hes took his chance, so thats fooked that. I would in fact say that Stearman was at fault for their goal today.

Mattock was decent though, and i thought the 3 c.b's worked pretty well, apart from their goal we wernt massively threated apart from in the first 5 minutes or so.

Message to Mandaric....

================

Are you going to have mercy on us any time soon?.

We had today the perfect demonstration of the problem of trying to pack the defence and win 1-0. You're buggered if the opposition score.

I've tried to explain in the simplest of terms that we concede a goal a game on average.

That means over any given period of time we concede one goal.

Today was a perfect example.

And seeing you cannot actually score fractions of goals it seems fairly sensible to me - bearing in mind what we concede - to go out with the intentions of scoring at least twice.

But no. We've won twice at home in the last 15 yet started today's game with six defenders.

The first half was a sodding embarrassment - and basically put two fingers up to everyone who supports Leicester City.

But second half the Marvel that is Megson changed things, focused on attack and instead of ball in the air to no-one, inspired a five or six man, all along the floor move which resulted in a cracking goal by a man who should have been there in the first place, Matty Fryatt.

And what happens next. Do we continue exposing Stoke's big, cumbersome defenders by passing swiftly on the floor. Oh no. We take off Carl Cort, who was at long last looking effective with people running off him and replace him with our most defensively minded midfielder, Kishishev.

Result. Back to totally neutral football and a tame ending at 1-1 which puts us even further off the pace and makes Megson comments about Fortress Walkers sound ridiculous.

Please, please, Milan get some help. Invest in proper football.

You need to do something. The two season ticket holders next to me went home at half-time.

It makes me wonder why I've just forked out another £20 for Sheff Wednesday. :nono:

What a complete w*nkfest that first half was. As soon as I heard the team I new it wasn't going to work. De Vries and Campbell? Acceptable. Cort and Campbell? Meh? Cort and De Vries? :| Cort and De Vries and Campbell (in the whole) :laugh:.

Clueless tw*t. If he hasn't learnt his lesson today then he never will. Cort continued to be poor and lazy. De Vries and Campbell didn't have much effect on the game either.

One of the worst first halves I've seen in a while, loose and sloppy passing, to casual on the ball, no sense of direction. Constant hoofball. If we're going to play wingbacks, I beg that they get to the byline more and actually put a half decent cross in.

Second half however was better, but still quite sloppy. Hume gave us a lot more energy and Fryatt held the ball up well and scored a very good goal. Although the amount of stupid fouls he committed was painful.

Can't believe Fuller scored past us again.

Manwells not gunna be happy.

Fulop had it covered, untill it took a wicked deflection of lawrence, you could almost say it was his goal!

Tbh Stoke tried to be physical but ended up having more players go down injured!!

Mattock looked good today tho'

we were good 2nd half. Megson obviously wanted a more physical approach for this game but that didn't work - perhaps hume and fryatt were a little jaded too after midweek. anywhoo, he now knows MDV is pretty useless and that hume and fryatt are a very good combo (a few moments of old school magic link-up). mattock was good too and paddy k solid as always.

Message to Mandaric....

================

Are you going to have mercy on us any time soon?.

We had today the perfect demonstration of the problem of trying to pack the defence and win 1-0. You're buggered if the opposition score.

I've tried to explain in the simplest of terms that we concede a goal a game on average.

That means over any given period of time we concede one goal.

Today was a perfect example.

And seeing you cannot actually score fractions of goals it seems fairly sensible to me - bearing in mind what we concede - to go out with the intentions of scoring at least twice.

But no. We've won twice at home in the last 15 yet started today's game with six defenders.

The first half was a sodding embarrassment - and basically put two fingers up to everyone who supports Leicester City.

But second half the Marvel that is Megson changed things, focused on attack and instead of ball in the air to no-one, inspired a five or six man, all along the floor move which resulted in a cracking goal by a man who should have been there in the first place, Matty Fryatt.

And what happens next. Do we continue exposing Stoke's big, cumbersome defenders by passing swiftly on the floor. Oh no. We take off Carl Cort, who was at long last looking effective with people running off him and replace him with our most defensively minded midfielder, Kishishev.

Result. Back to totally neutral football and a tame ending at 1-1 which puts us even further off the pace and makes Megson comments about Fortress Walkers sound ridiculous.

Please, please, Milan get some help. Invest in proper football.

You need to do something. The two season ticket holders next to me went home at half-time.

I was in complete agreement with you until you said that. I thought he was pretty lacklustre today, and that's being kind. Our best passages of play came with the involvement of Fryatt and Hume linking up well together and Clem playing the ball along the deck.

The first half was dire, although I thought De Vries was removed unfairly when I rather thought it should have been Cort. the second half was much better and I thought if anything that we deserved to win the game in the end. But the playing of players out of position is just nonsense IMO; if he's going to insist on NOT playing Kaebi (which I think he's wrong about anyway) then can he at least play Chambers in a position he's half familar with and play him there? De Vries on the right of a three pronged attack is just wrong. I could almost understand a 3 pronged attack with De Vries in the middle and Fryatt and Hume running off either side, hell I MIGHT even be tempted to try it, but it just didn't work. He earns a bit of credit for changing it round though...

Thought the barracking of Cort and the ironic cheers from the Kop were unnecessary and rather left a sour taste in the mouth; the guy sat next to me felt the same and had a go at our fans when they all shouted at Cort for blocking Fryatt's shot unintentionally! Even worse was the booing as the lads were going off at half time- how the fook does that help. The players are really going to want to play for us if we boo them aren't they?

All in all the game was disappointing, but I have a little more faith in Megson after today, he's still getting to know the players (although for God's sake can we get Ferreira and Kaebi in the squad ASAP?) and yes, he made mistakes, but thankfully corrected some of them at half time. The proof in the pudding will be Tuesday IMO- he should have SOME idea of who he wants to play in the squad now.

Well I was at this game today thanks to Shroomjuice's generous offer and indeed it was crap the first half,it was like watching us under Megson when we played really bad,it brought back memories of our horrific 2-0 defeat at home to Barnsley.Thankfully you only went in 1-0 down and Megson learned from his mistakes and brought Fryatt and Hume on and you looked a different time but just did'nt have enough to win the game,and poor refereeing and Richard Cresswell's timewasting did'nt help either.Anyway you'll be OK,though I'm not sure if you will challenge the top 6 this season.

Well I was at this game today thanks to Shroomjuice's generous offer and indeed it was crap the first half,it was like watching us under Megson when we played really bad,it brought back memories of our horrific 2-0 defeat at home to Barnsley.Thankfully you only went in 1-0 down and Megson learned from his mistakes and brought Fryatt and Hume on and you looked a different time but just did'nt have enough to win the game,and poor refereeing and Richard Cresswell's timewasting did'nt help either.Anyway you'll be OK,though I'm not sure if you will challenge the top 6 this season.

You're a closet leicester fan aren't you ? No shame init. :D

People say he's too defensive but played he with 3 up front for most of the match, unfortunately it didn't work. I think he's still tinkering, finding his best side, don't forget he didn't sign any of these players nor did he have any pre-season with them. Give him time.

As painful as it was to watch much of that game, I'm fully in agreement with the Fut.

I'm so bored reading all this wailing and gnashing of teeth bollocks - you lot don't want a manager, you want ****ing Paul Daniels & Debbie McGee.

People say he's too defensive but played he with 3 up front for most of the match, unfortunately it didn't work. I think he's still tinkering, finding his best side, don't forget he didn't sign any of these players nor did he have any pre-season with them. Give him time.

Yes 3 up front & 7 at the back he likes his hoofball don't ya know :whistle:

His cautious instincts don't change whatever. It's almost like having Kelly back.

Went to the ground after the game with Jamie, so glad i didn't go today, didn't sound to good at all.

Indeed you did. Fun times.

Just out of curiosity, what went off with those Stoke fans after the game? Were any of you on here involved with it?

Indeed you did. Fun times.

Just out of curiosity, what went off with those Stoke fans after the game? Were any of you on here involved with it?

Twas worse in the ground, stoke fans are professional nutters, they were giving it that L1 were giving it back typically. Wils seemed to be the main trouble maker however from where I was.

It basically then carried on outside the ground hence the huge build up of police, dog units, helicopter etc.

I am falling in love with cheese & onion rolls, they're simply great.

No Stoke fans had any cheese & onion rolls at the station though, lots of verbals but no cheese & onion rolls.

Then, when they got on my train, they all shut up.

I think it was because they realised there was no trolley service selling cheese & onion rolls.

X-rated yesterday.

And that's just Megson's incessant gum-spitting antics. There must have been 50 pieces collected around the dugout by the end of the game.

What with him, Burrows and Pulis, it was as though the travelling community had camped up in the technical area.

Archived