Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anish

Stoke - post match reactions

Can't really comment as I wasn't there, but from the sounds of it it was another 2 points thrown away due to poor selection and tactics. Disappointed, but it does continue to validate our concerns about Megson's management and his appointment.

The first half was a complete joke. Truely awful.

Second half, Fryatt and Hume came on and completely changed the game. They were lively, pacey and skillfull. We looked a completely different side. Lesson well and truely learnt Megson!

Why start with a Dudley + de Vries combo? What was the point in that after Hume and Fryatt performed well together, only to send them packing at half time for Hume and Fryatt anyway? Sounds like a first half thrown away with a dodgy team selection.

It was a Dudley, De Vries and Cort combo! Those two big lumps together up top. What was he thinking!

Can't really comment as I wasn't there, but from the sounds of it it was another 2 points thrown away due to poor selection and tactics. Disappointed, but it does continue to validate our concerns about Megson's management and his appointment.

People say he's too defensive but played he with 3 up front for most of the match, unfortunately it didn't work. I think he's still tinkering, finding his best side, don't forget he didn't sign any of these players nor did he have any pre-season with them. Give him time.

First half was ridiculous, we should have been out of the game. We could have been 3-0 down after 5 mins. Fryatt and Hume came on and were in a different class to everyone else. We could have won it but 3/4 crap efforts from decent positions on the edge of the box was about all we had.

First half- Joke-like all round: First of all, shocking team selection. Secondly, awful football, long ball crap. Third, Ricardo Fuller scores against us- again. Fourth, players heavily booed off at half time.

Second half was a vast improvement, Megson listened to the crowd and brought on Hume and Fryatt, we played the ball on the floor and looked much better.

The first half is the worst I have seen Leicester play for a long time, we were lucky that Stoke were awful too as a decent side could have put 3 or 4 past us in the first half as we did not have a clue. To play tactics of 5 - 2 - 3 was just bloody stupid as we lost the game in the centre of the park. We then had to resort to hoof ball tactics as we had no midfield to pass the ball through. I dont agree with booing players off the pitch but at half time they deserved it.

Second half was a lot better and we showed passion and some ability. I heard Megson post match interview saying that Hume and Fryatt were tired and deserved a rest, well he should have put them on the pitch from the start and when they could run no more then bought them off, with any luck it would have been job done by then. Cort shouldnt pull on a Leicester shirt again on the back of that performance he was terrible. We need some midfielders ASAP, Clemence cant do it all.

I think Megsons poor tactics and strange team selection cost us a win today, and on a day when most teams in the league drew it would have given us a chance to play catch up.

It was a Dudley, De Vries and Cort combo! Those two big lumps together up top. What was he thinking!

According to Megsons post match interview; paraphrased....he said that Fryatt and Hume were very tired after the Villa game and he wanted to rest them. He said the strikers picked to start the game showed that they weren't up for it during the first half.

From what he said, I'd be very surprised if those three have much of a future for this club. He was full of praise for Hume and Fryatt.

The first half was a complete joke. Truely awful.

Second half, Fryatt and Hume came on and completely changed the game. They were lively, pacey and skillfull. We looked a completely different side. Lesson well and truely learnt Megson!

I was watching the 1st half with a massive hangover and it was so dull that it almost put me to sleep!!

2nd half was more like what I pay to watch. With Huuuuuuuuuume and fryatt on there was a new confidence in the team. More committment. More passion.

IMO megson is still experimenting with the squad, but if he keeps picking the wrong starting team which, like today, keeps dropping points then I can't see him still being here by christmas.

The match just summed up the problems we have.

1 The midfield problem area still has not been sorted out. Clemence is a good signing but is now I believe only one booking away from a ban which might explain his low key performance today. wide players either aren't good enough or are not liked by any of the management team this season.

2 We still do not have a true goalscoring centre forward and until we do we will continue to struggle to score.

3 The balance of the squad does not look right. Also the new signings are either not good enough/fit enough or seen as another manager's signings. for god's sake Maybury played vs Villa instead of any new signing This si a concern as many are on long contracts.

4 players continue to be played out of position.

5 We tried to play an attacking formation but Megson didn't really go for it. To start with 6 defensive players as well as the keeper limits our ability to dominate games.

As for the game itself we were fortunate not to be 2 or 3 goals behind. even in the second half we scored from the only chance we created. Their keeper didn't have another save to make. Here lies the problem and in that respect there is absolutely no improvement on last season. Last 3 league games (2 at home) have seen 2 goals for and 4 against. Same old Leicester only this season we do not have the excuse of lack of money.

Megson's team selection was laughable. We actually had Carl Cort and Mark De Vries as our wide attackers! 2 man midfield in the championship! No wonder we resorted to long ball crap and subsequently continually lost the ball. It was the most directionless performance I have seen since Taylor.

Second half was an improvement as we actually looked like a football team and decided to play our two most talented attacking players.

2 points dropped by bad managment.

Out of all the teams that anyone has ever selected on here, has anyone ever had anything like this;

Fulop

Kisnorbo N'Gotty McAuley

Stearman --------------------------------- Mattock

Clemence Chambers

De Vries -------- Campbell ----------- Cort

Appalling, absolutely appalling. Was never, ever, ever going to work.

Megson hasn't a clue.

Even when he'd corrected the problem up front for the second half, we still only had 2 in midfield and one of those is a right back having a laugh.

Why bring Kishishev on, completely out of position, after 70 minutes when we should be pushing for the win? He wasn't going to add anything, on the otherhand Newton might have.

For christ sake get Kaebi and Ferreira in the squad now, we start with a 2 man midfield and both STILL don't get in the 16. Truly astounding.

First half we kept hoofing up to de vries and cort expecting them to win everything :rolleyes: second half we played some good stuff as hume and fryatt were being played to feet... not too many clear chances but did quite well considering our first half display

More players than just Ricardo Fuller ey? :rolleyes:

Out of all the teams that anyone has ever selected on here, has anyone ever had anything like this;

Fulop

Kisnorbo N'Gotty McAuley

Stearman --------------------------------- Mattock

Clemence Chambers

De Vries -------- Campbell ----------- Cort

Appalling, absolutely appalling. Was never, ever, ever going to work.

Was a ridiculous formation, we either had half the side within 10 yards of the ball or noone within 30. The players looked confused and it showed. Clemence played very deep - I would of thought of the two(?!) midfielders Chambers would be deeper. Yet to see any evidence of Clemence being a top player - yes he has the pedigree, but he dwelled on the ball and gave it away several times. Chambers is clearly not a midfielder - though he tried hard and did spot Fryatt's run for the goal.

Mattock did well and his running on after laying off the before the goal may have helped create a bit of space for Fryatt. Campbell fell over so many times I wondered if he was playing in clogs. Cort did nothing of note - MDV was unlucky not to be the one of the three left on. Stearman can't cross but made some decent runs and battled well - Megson mentioned him in his interview so hopefully he can get him back on track.

Even when we scored we never really went for it, and the first half was so boring I can only remember McAuley having a header tipped over. There number 7 was also a disgraceful diver.

Archived