Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Manhunt 2: Banned

This really annoys me. Not that I like the first game... more the principle of it!!

But even more annoying is the linking of the first game to the murder of Stefan Pakerah!! Police have even said there is NO evidence of a link... in fact it was Stefan who played the game regularly!!! But still the media, MP's other people with nothing better to still bring up Manhunt in context with the murder! Which I'm sure had a bearing on the BBFC's decision to ban an ADULT game!!! :angry:

This really annoys me. Not that I like the first game... more the principle of it!!

But even more annoying is the linking of the first game to the murder of Stefan Pakerah!! Police have even said there is NO evidence of a link... in fact it was Stefan who played the game regularly!!! But still the media, MP's other people with nothing better to still bring up Manhunt in context with the murder! Which I'm sure had a bearing on the BBFC's decision to ban an ADULT game!!! :angry:

It's a fuking grim game. Should be banned, on the Wii espeically.

Could be worse Phube you could live in Germay every other game gets banned there.

It's a fuking grim game. Should be banned, on the Wii espeically.

Could be worse Phube you could live in Germay every other game gets banned there.

But so is Saw and Hostel, they get 18 certificates and that's that!

But yeah, Germany is strict... even Dead rising was cut... They're ZOMBIES for Christ sake's!!!

But so is Saw and Hostel, they get 18 certificates and that's that!

But yeah, Germany is strict... even Dead rising was cut... They're ZOMBIES for Christ sake's!!!

It's interactive though you plank. You don't carry out the sadiest acts with your little Wii wand when your watching a film do you.

It's been revised now as well, so the orginal version must of been really grim if the revised ones getting knocked back.

And to be fair to the BBFC, we're not the only country to ban it, near enough every where else has as well, and it's on very limited availbality even in the U.S I think as it's been given some sort of crazy rating that neither Sony or Ninetendo allow their games to carry. So it's not all down to the death of Stefan Pakerah.

There was some evidence though. The victim died and had similar wounds to that in the game. The killer would have been unbalanced anyway so anything like this could have tipped his mind. Did not have to be this game. Personally I don't play or like this type of game so it being banned does not upset me or anger me. But if banning it it reduces the chance of one person thinking or actiong out the game and saving a life then it cannot be a bad decision.

It's interactive though you plank. You don't carry out the sadiest acts with your little Wii wand when your watching a film do you.

It's been revised now as well, so the orginal version must of been really grim if the revised ones getting knocked back.

And to be fair to the BBFC, we're not the only country to ban it, near enough every where else has as well, and it's on very limited availbality even in the U.S I think as it's been given some sort of crazy rating that neither Sony or Ninetendo allow their games to carry. So it's not all down to the death of Stefan Pakerah.

I've said I don't want it, but why should people not be allowed to play it if they are adults!!! And are you saying the Wii is a better console because it's more imersive??? :P

No it got NC17 - which is a sensible cert (i.e 18 in this country) why Sony and Nintendo don't have them is because stupid stores like Wal*Mart and the like don't stock NC-17 anything. It's the same with films, they try to cut them down as much as poss. so they get R not NC-17!!!

I've said I don't want it, but why should people not be allowed to play it if they are adults!!! And are you saying the Wii is a better console because it's more imersive??? :P

No it got NC17 - which is a sensible cert (i.e 18 in this country) why Sony and Nintendo don't have them is because stupid stores like Wal*Mart and the like don't stock NC-17 anything. It's the same with films, they try to cut them down as much as poss. so they get R not NC-17!!!

No lol I'm saying theres something pretty sick about making slashing movements to muder on a console.

I'll admit,. the Wii could well be a pretty immersive console if it had any decent games for it.

They may not have been adults but they wern't actully young children either. Adults commit murder too. It may have only a matter of time before he commited murder and the game influenced him to do it earlier.

Kids grow up with violence these days. Theres even going to be a programme on Channel 5 filming the streets of Britain late at night when it is the most violent. That could be taking reality TV too far.

They may not have been adults but they wern't actully young children either. Adults commit murder too. It may have only a matter of time before he commited murder and the game influenced him to do it earlier.

Kids grow up with violence these days. Theres even going to be a programme on Channel 5 filming the streets of Britain late at night when it is the most violent. That could be taking reality TV too far.

To quote Scream:

"Scary Movies (video games) don't turn people into killers, it just makes them more inventive!"

Explain Japan to me and I'll listen to your argument! They have some of the most violent comics/cartoons in the world, but have one of the lowest violent assault rates!!

To quote Scream:

"Scary Movies (video games) don't turn people into killers, it just makes them more inventive!"

Explain Japan to me and I'll listen to your argument! They have some of the most violent comics/cartoons in the world, but have one of the lowest violent assault rates!!

They got it all our of their systems on the WWII PoWs 60 odd years ago.

Wasn't it a bit inevitable that this would get banned?

Given that it's about the least surprising thing ever, why did Rockstar go to all the trouble and expense of developing the game? I think they've been a teensy bit arrogant after the fuss made as a result of the first one

I think this is wrong personally and they have given into media hype I feel even if they had handed in crash bandicoot but changed to cover it would have still been banned.

As for the incident with the first game one fact still stikes out to me the original game had an 18 rating yet the bloke wasn't 18 when he commited the murder if a parent buys a game and ignores the rating system then they have to take some collective responsibility imo.

Many parents wouldn't let their young kids watch films like Saw or other 18's but find no problem in letting their 10 years olds play games like Grand Theft Auto or other 18 rated games etc

I think this is wrong personally and they have given into media hype I feel even if they had handed in crash bandicoot but changed to cover it would have still been banned.

As for the incident with the first game one fact still stikes out to me the original game had an 18 rating yet the bloke wasn't 18 when he commited the murder if a parent buys a game and ignores the rating system then they have to take some collective responsibility imo.

Many parents wouldn't let their young kids watch films like Saw or other 18's but find no problem in letting their 10 years olds play games like Grand Theft Auto or other 18 rated games etc

He didn't bloody play the game... Stefan (14) did!!! It's all media hype, like blaming Jamie Bulger on Child's Play!!

Archived