Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Bristol City - 24th November

Nath + Train = ;):clap:

Wow! unreserved seating :D Thats what we like to see.

Hmmm thinking about it.

My dad want's to go this game, we have this 'arangement' where he pays one game, i pay next.

I have only payed for colchester so far :P and thats because he didn't go. :D

Hmmm thinking about it.

My dad want's to go this game, we have this 'arangement' where he pays one game, i pay next.

I have only payed for colchester so far :P and thats because he didn't go. :D

Wahay sounds alright to me. Train is £10 i think. 2 singles if you book early enough

Advice from a bristol city fan

hope know one does not mind a city fan comimg on your site with some advice

what ever the result hope its a good entertaing game

Just a couple of claims of fame Casualty is filmed in Bristol don't ask me about the programme I never watch it

Fools and Horses is/was filmed in Bristol, the block of flats on right hand side as you look at the pitch is THE block of flats from Fools and Horses. The market scenes from fools and horses the ones with the football manaquins cut into the wall is the away end car park.

PLEASE BUY YOUR MATCH DAY IN ADVANCE when you are at home to Burnley cos no ticket stubbs are issued if you pay cash at the turnstiles on the day.I know some fans want to keep ticket stubbs as proof of how many matches they have attended

and for possible future cup games

Programmes buy them before you enter the ground as they are not normally sold inside the ground and with your club I think they will be sold out

WE DON'T NORMALLY HAVE ANY POLICE AT THE GROUND IF YOU SEE ANY THEY ARE ON AWARNESS EXCERCISE

but they are on "stand by" near the ground

You are normally allowed to leave the ground at the end of the match

No booze is sold inside the ground

Please don't attempt to bring cans into the ground you will be asked to leave them outside the ground plastic bottles must have the tops removed

Be prepared to be searched before you enter the ground

In keeping with most football stadiums its all non-smoking at Ashton,but there always seems to be loads of fag ends between the catering outlet and the toilet block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are no CCTV cameras in the toilets

If you are coming by road don't use the M5/M4/M32 route it gets too congested. Please use the route M5 to junction 18

Follow signs A4 Portway Ashton Bedminster Bristol Airport.Keep river on your right hand side all the way.

When you get near the the extremly high, very old, suspension bridge above you .Ashton Gate will appear on the right hand side

in the distance

If you park in the hotwells area you can walk across the motorway complex called the Cumberland basin. Parking is at a premium in the Ashton area

Pubs: always a difficult one not sure what to advise maybe have a drink in the Hotwells area

Coming by train alight at Temple meads not Bristol Parkway we have a couple of local trains to parson street railway station at

xx50 mins past the hour from bristol temple meads it takes you a two thirds of the way to the ground

there are light brown double decker bus's that will take you direct back to the station after the game

If you want to have a drink in the temple meads area very nice old style pub on number three platform or when you leave the station

weatherspoons just outside seems not a bad pub.

As public transport is not very good get a taxi to the ground

In the football area we have KFC Sainsburys and Burger bar at the away end of the ground

Radio station is radio Bristol 95.5 and 94.9 you are quite wellcome to ring into the show after the game to unload your comments

Hosted by the former proffesional footballer Geoff Twentyman so at least he knows about footballI

If any one wants any further info or advice please post

Advice from a bristol city fan

hope know one does not mind a city fan comimg on your site with some advice

what ever the result hope its a good entertaing game

Just a couple of claims of fame Casualty is filmed in Bristol don't ask me about the programme I never watch it

Fools and Horses is/was filmed in Bristol, the block of flats on right hand side as you look at the pitch is THE block of flats from Fools and Horses. The market scenes from fools and horses the ones with the football manaquins cut into the wall is the away end car park.

PLEASE BUY YOUR MATCH DAY IN ADVANCE when you are at home to Burnley cos no ticket stubbs are issued if you pay cash at the turnstiles on the day.I know some fans want to keep ticket stubbs as proof of how many matches they have attended

and for possible future cup games

Programmes buy them before you enter the ground as they are not normally sold inside the ground and with your club I think they will be sold out

WE DON'T NORMALLY HAVE ANY POLICE AT THE GROUND IF YOU SEE ANY THEY ARE ON AWARNESS EXCERCISE

but they are on "stand by" near the ground

You are normally allowed to leave the ground at the end of the match

No booze is sold inside the ground

Please don't attempt to bring cans into the ground you will be asked to leave them outside the ground plastic bottles must have the tops removed

Be prepared to be searched before you enter the ground

In keeping with most football stadiums its all non-smoking at Ashton,but there always seems to be loads of fag ends between the catering outlet and the toilet block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are no CCTV cameras in the toilets

If you are coming by road don't use the M5/M4/M32 route it gets too congested. Please use the route M5 to junction 18

Follow signs A4 Portway Ashton Bedminster Bristol Airport.Keep river on your right hand side all the way.

When you get near the the extremly high, very old, suspension bridge above you .Ashton Gate will appear on the right hand side

in the distance

If you park in the hotwells area you can walk across the motorway complex called the Cumberland basin. Parking is at a premium in the Ashton area

Pubs: always a difficult one not sure what to advise maybe have a drink in the Hotwells area

Coming by train alight at Temple meads not Bristol Parkway we have a couple of local trains to parson street railway station at

xx50 mins past the hour from bristol temple meads it takes you a two thirds of the way to the ground

there are light brown double decker bus's that will take you direct back to the station after the game

If you want to have a drink in the temple meads area very nice old style pub on number three platform or when you leave the station

weatherspoons just outside seems not a bad pub.

As public transport is not very good get a taxi to the ground

In the football area we have KFC Sainsburys and Burger bar at the away end of the ground

Radio station is radio Bristol 95.5 and 94.9 you are quite wellcome to ring into the show after the game to unload your comments

Hosted by the former proffesional footballer Geoff Twentyman so at least he knows about footballI

If any one wants any further info or advice please post

Cheers mate, we don't mind decent away fans on here.

Any more info, let us know. :thumbup:

If my attendance was ever in doubt (which it wasn't) then it sure as hell isn't now... if you know what I mean.

Thank you, appropriately-named infoman, that is as golden a nugget of information as they come.

Archived