Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

XBOX 360 QUESTION

Hmm. That looks pretty riskey, and I might be getting one on Sunday anyway. Do you reckon doing that would void my warranty.

lol You've gotta love Micrsoft products!!! :D

But I think the RRD looks sooo dramatic!!!

lol You've gotta love Micrsoft products!!! :D

But I think the RRD looks sooo dramatic!!!

It's just a piece of shit soldering thats the problem isn't it? I can see why it works over heating would just solder the broken circuits back togther, not very well admitidely but it'd work for a bit.

At least Nintendo solved their supply problems

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has said gaming retailer Gamestop will be offering a "Wii rain check", where on December 21st buyers can pre-order the console and expect it by the end of January. You will have to leave the full price for the deposit however.

Although Toys-R-Us don't really agree

:D

Hmm. That looks pretty riskey, and I might be getting one on Sunday anyway. Do you reckon doing that would void my warranty.

I got the 3 red lights, a week after buying the xbox. It had something to do with me dropping the hefty power pack on top of the xbox i suspect. Anyway, where did you get it from? Mine was from Game and they done me a straight swap for a working xbox :)

I got the 3 red lights, a week after buying the xbox. It had something to do with me dropping the hefty power pack on top of the xbox i suspect. Anyway, where did you get it from? Mine was from Game and they done me a straight swap for a working xbox :)

Ebay, so no such luck.

Is it worth buying a cooler fan for a 360?

I've not needed one. Its for hardcore 360ers, that are on it for the best part of the day. My xbox is probably running 4/5 hours of the day, with my little brother on it quite alot.. but i've not had any problems which werent my own fault. :thumbup:

indeed. Although I might be getting one on Sunday which I can have for two weeks.

Still seriously considering this.

TBH, I don't see why you don't...

If it works great :rolleyes:

If not... What have you lost!??

Just try not to let your towels catch fire... ;)

If they work out what I've done, possibley my warranty.

You should be alright still. That towel trick has to melt things into place so you could just put that down to a console overheat :dunno:

If there's no other way of resolving these red lights you haven't got anything to lose.

You should be alright still. That towel trick has to melt things into place so you could just put that down to a console overheat :dunno:

If there's no other way of resolving these red lights you haven't got anything to lose.

There is, let them repair it, and might be able to borrow one on Sunday anyway.

I think I'm going to give it a go anyway. Worse cas scenairo I have money tucked away for a new tv but will have to replace my Xbox I suppose.

I think I'm going to give it a go anyway. Worse cas scenairo I have money tucked away for a new tv but will have to replace my Xbox I suppose.

Well if you don't want to take the risk then don't bother. But that trick does seem to work :dunno:

I wouldn't risk it. Infact, no. Don't.

A normal console overheat wouldn't be able to melt things, I don't think anyway, because you'd still have some ventilation. It'd have to be a mega overheat anyway.

They'd be able to work out what you've done, they must get hundreds back like that. With the "towel trick" applied.

I wouldn't anyway, not worth risking your warranty.

Or you could, as bad as it may sound :giggle: - Wait the 3 weeks, buy a new TV and have a working Xbox to boot :thumbup:

Archived