Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

XBOX 360 QUESTION

You can, as far as I know have HD from the Scart, its just not "True HD", still looks 10x better than the wii :)

Arrrrggghhhh.... A SCART lead is an analogue AV cable... it doesn't carry a digital signal!

HD is digital... SCART cannont carry a HD signal! (True HD - doesn't exist, it either is or ot isn't HD!!!)

HD is a marketing term to sucker in people... well like TPH. They buy a shiny HD TV, and shiny HD games console and proceed to play SD TV and Game signals through it!

99% of TV is still SD, hardly anyone has an HD/Bluray DVD player. It just seem pointless at the mo!

Definition of HD: For a TV to be called HD it must have more than 720 vertical pixels, "Full HD" has 1080 vertical pixels!

But as a SCART doesn't carry signals as x*x pixels you won't get the HD effect, just a big, blurry picture!

:(

Arrrrggghhhh.... A SCART lead is an analogue AV cable... it doesn't carry a digital signal!

HD is digital... SCART cannont carry a HD signal! (True HD - doesn't exist, it either is or ot isn't HD!!!)

HD is a marketing term to sucker in people... well like TPH. They buy a shiny HD TV, and shiny HD games console and proceed to play SD TV and Game signals through it!

99% of TV is still SD, hardly anyone has an HD/Bluray DVD player. It just seem pointless at the mo!

Definition of HD: For a TV to be called HD it must have more than 720 vertical pixels, "Full HD" has 1080 vertical pixels!

But as a SCART doesn't carry signals as x*x pixels you won't get the HD effect, just a big, blurry picture!

:(

Hmm, I go to something like:

Settings > Display > HD Output > AV > 1080i

I get a better picture than if its not on the HD setting, quite clearly. PLUS. The AV cable actually has a HD switch to switch over to HD, surely this is useless, on a AV cable which can't produce a HD image?

Hmm, I go to something like:

Settings > Display > HD Output > AV > 1080i

I get a better picture than if its not on the HD setting, quite clearly. PLUS. The AV cable actually has a HD switch to switch over to HD, surely this is useless, on a AV cable which can't produce a HD image?

The only way I can see this working is that the manufactures have managed to combine a SCART lead with a HD (i.e. HDMI/Component) lead... hence the 'switch' to turn off SCART.

But I have never heard of switch-able SCART???

EDIT: (Just seen picture) Ahhh, but what's the other connector in the back of that head??

The only way I can see this working is that the manufactures have managed to combine a SCART lead with a HD (i.e. HDMI/Component) lead... hence the 'switch' to turn off SCART.

EDIT: (Just seen picture) Ahhh, but what's the other connector in the back of that head??

There definately is a better quality "HD" image. Infact, I've downloaded the MI:3 trailer from the movie section on live in 720p and it looks amazingly crisp and its definately HD. :)

But without a doubt, HDMI gives a much finer picture, on games anyway. I still get some jagged edges on games and from what I've saw of the HDMI output, it's completely smooth and crisp.

I've just had a look at mine, I was thinking the same. Its got i tiny screw inside. :unsure:

:thumbup:

I thought Forza 2 looked good last night without realising that Scart doesn't 'do' HD.

Looking forwards to seeing it with that component cable.

Tough game though. Progress is slow.

I thought that till i got the official xbox wheel,amazing realism with that,seems alot easyier to control aswel.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I've got a question too:

Is it possible for me to plug the ethernet cable from my laptop to the Xbox 360 console without the need of buying a wireless network adapter to plug into the back?

If so, is there any settings I need to change or is it just "plug and play".

Cheers.

Ok I've got a question too:

Is it possible for me to plug the ethernet cable from my laptop to the Xbox 360 console without the need of buying a wireless network adapter to plug into the back?

If so, is there any settings I need to change or is it just "plug and play".

Cheers.

Yes you can plug an ethernet cable from your laptop to the 360, and on your computer you have to enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). This should work fine.

Take a look here Help with ICS

Archived