Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

XBOX 360 QUESTION

Got one for Xmas, just looking at how to set up Live.

I have a free month gold membership which everybody gets with their first console. Do I have to pay anything at all to get this working?

Also, is Silver mebership free? :dunno:

EDIT: Think I've answered my own question already.

Gold - You can do everything on xbox live - play games online, talk to friends etc.

Silver - You can't play games online, but you can keep in touch with friends. It's free.

Ok here's the deal.

I'm completely new to the whole Xbox Live thing and really want to get it up and running.

My Xbox 360 is upstairs. Downstairs is the main computer with a wireless router which I use to get internet access to my laptop, mostly used upstairs.

Basically, I've just put the ethernet cable from my laptop to my Xbox to see whether it all worked. It didn't. Not quite sure what to do to be honest, any help would be much appreciated. I've tried looking on the Xbox Live website but it only confuses me lol

Ok here's the deal.

I'm completely new to the whole Xbox Live thing and really want to get it up and running.

My Xbox 360 is upstairs. Downstairs is the main computer with a wireless router which I use to get internet access to my laptop, mostly used upstairs.

Basically, I've just put the ethernet cable from my laptop to my Xbox to see whether it all worked. It didn't. Not quite sure what to do to be honest, any help would be much appreciated. I've tried looking on the Xbox Live website but it only confuses me lol

I'm no expert, but from what i can gather, you need to plug the ethernet cable with the 360 from your router, to your 360, and if the cable is'nt long enough, you will need to buy a wireless bridge, which is effectively a router for the 360. And unfortunately, one of these is gona set you back 50 quid.

Ok here's the deal.

Right this is possible using Internet Connection Sharing, or ICS.

1) Before connecting any cables, turn off your laptop, router, and Xbox 360 console.

2) Connect one end of your Ethernet cable to your laptop's Ethernet port. Connect the other end to the Ethernet port on the back of your Xbox 360 console.

3) Turn on your laptop and router.

Now im assuming you're using Windows XP

4) On the taskbar, click Start, control panel, network connections

5) Now right click on your wireless connection and select properties

6) Choose the advanced tab, and tick the box that says "allow other network users to connect through this connection"

This should now work. I have edited this from HERE

Hope it helps

Right this is possible using Internet Connection Sharing, or ICS.

Now im assuming you're using Windows XP

This should now work. I have edited this from HERE

Hope it helps

I've done the bit where you go on to start>control panel etc..., but when i try and change what it says, it says...

"An error ocurred while internet connection sharing was being enabled.

Internet connection sharing (ICS) cannot be enabled due to an IP address conflict in the network. ICS requires the host to be configured to use 192.168.0.1. Please ensure that no other client on the network is configured to use 192.168.0.1."

Help techno people!

Pro Evo Live game anyone?

No XBOX Live for me...

UPS picking up my broken XBOX anytime now!!

without an xbox for about 7-10 days or so they say...

having to play on the nintendo door wedge for the first time in about 3months

Archived