Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

XBOX 360 QUESTION

Well i'm getting a new t.v plus a few games for christmas and what has just happened? My 360 breaks!! All i did was turn my xbox over and a little metal piece fell out and then when i turn it on it has all the red lights flashing. Where is the best place to take it in to be repaired? thanks

I have a question about live also....

If i have wireless internet running on my computer with the router downstairs and the actual computer upstairs, is it possible to connect the x-box to my computer and feed off the wireless net through the computer ?

If that makes sense :unsure:

Well i'm getting a new t.v plus a few games for christmas and what has just happened? My 360 breaks!! All i did was turn my xbox over and a little metal piece fell out and then when i turn it on it has all the red lights flashing. Where is the best place to take it in to be repaired? thanks

As is says do that at your own risk but I tried it, it worked, the console didn't even over heat. I've got no idea how long it's going to work for, and I haven't cancelled the repair order yet, still mulling over what to do.

Only Microsoft repair the consoles for free, you'll have to ring Microsoft and get them to come and pick it up, take away, then bring it back. The whole process takes around 3 weeks

I think my xbox is on it's last legs!!

I think I'm going to cry :cry:

It seems fine I can be playing away and then the screen just freezes after about 20mins and I can't do anything!! the controller wont work or anything

anyone else had this problem is it the start of the dreaded red light of death on the way?

and then how the f**k do I get it repaired I don't think I ever registered it anywhere not that I can remember anyway, have I just made a costly mistake?

I think my xbox is on it's last legs!!

I think I'm going to cry :cry:

It seems fine I can be playing away and then the screen just freezes after about 20mins and I can't do anything!! the controller wont work or anything

anyone else had this problem is it the start of the dreaded red light of death on the way?

and then how the f**k do I get it repaired I don't think I ever registered it anywhere not that I can remember anyway, have I just made a costly mistake?

As long as its a Microsoft Xbox 360 they'll repair it. So aslong as you didnt make your own, highly unlikely, its free :thumbup:

As long as its a Microsoft Xbox 360 they'll repair it. So aslong as you didnt make your own, highly unlikely, its free :thumbup:

I have just found this link it seems loads of people have been having the same problem since the last console update in December never had a problem before I installed this!!

it's some nasty stuff to kill XBOX's like it seems to be doing

I have just found this link it seems loads of people have been having the same problem since the last console update in December never had a problem before I installed this!!

it's some nasty stuff to kill XBOX's like it seems to be doing

Funny actually. I've had a couple of issues with freezing, nothing major I have to admit and my consoles always been a bit tempremental as far as freezing is concerned. But I've noticed mines freezing once or twice a day which is more than normal.

On top of that I got the three red lights of death straight after downloading the console updates you've mentioned....Think I'll phone the ****ers in the morning and have a word, I need to tell them my consoles working again anyway (presuming it still is)

Good-evening fellas, happy Christmas to you all. Right lets cut to the chase.

I am considering getting an xbox 360 over the next week or so, and i want to know a few things from those of you that have one.

Firstly, what do you need to get live setup? In laymens terms please!

Do you need any special cables to plug it into a normal TV?

Any component suggestions?

Any games suggestions?

Deal suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys :thumbup:

Good-evening fellas, happy Christmas to you all. Right lets cut to the chase.

I am considering getting an xbox 360 over the next week or so, and i want to know a few things from those of you that have one.

Firstly, what do you need to get live setup? In laymens terms please!

Do you need any special cables to plug it into a normal TV?

Any component suggestions?

Any games suggestions?

Deal suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys :thumbup:

Forza Motorsport 2 if your into racing games :thumbup:

Hmmm, browsing through this thread, seems this console isnt short of problems, no?!

But seriously, someone help me out? What do ineed to get Live up and running? I know you can get cards and that, but do you get a card when you buy a 360? Do you need a wireless adapter?

And another thing, do you need some sort of component to actually get Live going? As i can remember a conversation on here a few weeks ago where someone has said the PS3 has a built in ....... whereas the 360's isnt and you will have to buy it seperately???

Hmmm, browsing through this thread, seems this console isnt short of problems, no?!

But seriously, someone help me out? What do ineed to get Live up and running? I know you can get cards and that, but do you get a card when you buy a 360? Do you need a wireless adapter?

And another thing, do you need some sort of component to actually get Live going? As i can remember a conversation on here a few weeks ago where someone has said the PS3 has a built in ....... whereas the 360's isnt and you will have to buy it seperately???

Aslong as you buy the Premium package, everything you need is included. You may need to buy a wireless internet thing, but i didn't do that, i just pluged my xbox into the router with the cable provided.

You get a month free xbox live... you can set up a direct debit to pay, or you can buy them card things. The choice is yours.

Had mine a year now, and not had any problems :thumbup: :thumbup:

Aslong as you buy the Premium package, everything you need is included. You may need to buy a wireless internet thing, but i didn't do that, i just pluged my xbox into the router with the cable provided.

You get a month free xbox live... you can set up a direct debit to pay, or you can buy them card things. The choice is yours.

Had mine a year now, and not had any problems :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks mate :thumbup:

Got one for Xmas, just looking at how to set up Live.

I have a free month gold membership which everybody gets with their first console. Do I have to pay anything at all to get this working?

Also, is Silver mebership free? :dunno:

EDIT: Think I've answered my own question already.

Archived