Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Amateur music production

Just testing the water to see if we have any experts. I've just purchased something for the PC called FL Studio to play about with. Downloaded a demo last night and had fun creating a drum loop and adding a bassline etc.

This is where (IAC) my Mrs and son post their music it's mostly amateur stuff although you can sell if you find a buyer. I'm sure they'd offer loads of advice, views etc.

It's American based, aren't they all but they have contributors from all over the world and all types of music.

This is where (IAC) my Mrs and son post their music it's mostly amateur stuff although you can sell if you find a buyer. I'm sure they'd offer loads of advice, views etc.

It's American based, aren't they all but they have contributors from all over the world and all types of music.

would they be interested in me playing my stylophone :unsure:

would they be interested in me playing my stylophone :unsure:

Isn't that something you're supposed to do in private or at a club that caters for deviants?

FL is entry level and no doubt fun, can't imagine it offers much in the way of sequencing or processing :unsure:

if you wanna make loops and drum lines, go for reason - harder to obtain but it's all out there, and way more sophisticated

everything i did here is done in reason...

oh, and yes IAC would welcome you gladly however good you are, but you need to have some music first!

Indeed!

What say you?

I produced a bit of drum n bass using it while I was at Uni and a mate of mine got heavily into it. If you can persevere with the sheer number of dials, functions, etc then you can do some fairly decent stuff. I have background in classical music including theory but this really wasn't required for using that software, i.e. it's relatively user-friendly.

Ultimately you're limited by the quality of the sound samples available which is why to move on to the next level you'd need better software and a keyboard.

One thing you may want to do is PM a poster called koop. who has posted links to stuff he has produced on here before (his tunes were actually really impressive).

So if i have fruity loops how do i go about trying to produce an instrumental?

Do i need any additional programs to layer stuff or what ?

:unsure:

Why don't you actually go to a bit of effort and download a tutorial!?

:whistle:

So far my first effort sounds like the Peter Gunn theme being covered by Fujiya & Miyagi.

So, how's the new toy? :D

Oh, and empty your inbox... tis time for a Crimbo Clean-Up! :P;)

Fruity Loops is really good fun and a good way of learning the features of a sequencer and in using softsynths. If the bug bites though you'll have Cubase, Ableton and more VST plugins than you really know what to do with :)

impossible :D

• 3 weeks later...
Just testing the water to see if we have any experts. I've just purchased something for the PC called FL Studio to play about with. Downloaded a demo last night and had fun creating a drum loop and adding a bassline etc.

so, when are we gonna get to hear some stuff?

lol Funny you should mention that, I've completed something - of sorts. Given that it's a first attempt I don't think it's that bad. Will upload it at some point.

if you mail me a track i can master it for you, make it sound huge... :thumbup:

i'm a fan of cubase sx3, although i'm often told logic is awesome, even though i find it hard to use and not very logical! NI make some cracking VST instruments

reason is also great for starting out

I always thought that came after Fruity? ^_^

Archived