Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anish

QPR Player Ratings

Henderson - 5 - inspires no confidence in players and fans alike

Stearman - 5 - poor defending for the second goal when he was nowhere near their winger who crossed for them to score

Mattock - 4 - out of his depth, send him back in the reserves to develop. He got skinned in the first few minutes and was horribly exposed at the back post (due to his poor positioning and reading of the game) for their second goal

MacAuley - 4 - woeful defending from the central defenders for the first 2 goals. McAuley was responsible for marking the defender who scored the first goal, and was nowhere near Bolder for the second goal. Shocking distribution too.

Kisnorbo - 4.5 - slightly better than MacAuley but still rubbish.

Clemence - 5 - hardly touched the ball but had a few nice touches. Set piece delivery was poor.

N'Gotty - 4 - too slow, poor control, isn't a midfielder. Also lost Blackstock for QPR's 3rd goal with yet more pathetic defending.

Chambers - 4.5 - not a midfielder, can't pass or dribble. Better in defence.

Hume - 6 - only player who really comes out with any credit. Two cracking free kicks and otherwise didn't do much wrong.

Fryatt - 5 - started off brightly, then faded badly when asked to play in midfield. Atrocious miss from 3 yards near the end when any decent striker would've buried it. I just don't see him scoring many goals in this division - even in the warm up his technique is to side foot every shot which makes it easier for keepers.

Hayles - 4 - piss poor debut and I was disgusted with his performance. He looked like Carl Cort Mk II today - slow, second to every ball, didn't win headers, didn't read flick ons, poor decisions. Must improve.

Subs:

Howard - 6 - added a much needed presence to the attack. Had one tremendous 25 yard strike that was unlucky to hit the post, but should've scored from a simple header near the end. I think he'll be the target man that we desperately need.

Sheehan - 5 - much better than Mattock, but his corners let him down today. I'd still make him number 1 Left back though.

Wesolowski - 5 - didn't do much although that was because we bypassed midfield with long balls.

Stearman - 5 - poor defending for the second goal when he was nowhere near their winger who crossed for them to score

Mattock - 4 - out of his depth, send him back in the reserves to develop. He got skinned in the first few minutes and was horribly exposed at the back post (due to his poor positioning and reading of the game) for their second goal

MacAuley - 4 - woeful defending from the central defenders for the first 2 goals. McAuley was responsible for marking the defender who scored the first goal, and was nowhere near Bolder for the second goal. Shocking distribution too.

Clemence - 5 - hardly touched the ball but had a few nice touches. Set piece delivery was poor.

N'Gotty - 4 - too slow, poor control, isn't a midfielder. Also lost Blackstock for QPR's 3rd goal with yet more pathetic defending.

Hume - 6 - only player who really comes out with any credit. Two cracking free kicks and otherwise didn't do much wrong.

Fryatt - 5 - started off brightly, then faded badly when asked to play in midfield. Atrocious miss from 3 yards near the end when any decent striker would've buried it. I just don't see him scoring many goals in this division - even in the warm up his technique is to side foot every shot which makes it easier for keepers.

Hayles - 4 - piss poor debut and I was disgusted with his performance. He looked like Carl Cort Mk II today - slow, second to every ball, didn't win headers, didn't read flick ons, poor decisions. Must improve.

Subs:

Howard - 6 - added a much needed presence to the attack. Had one tremendous 25 yard strike that was unlucky to hit the post, but should've scored from a simple header near the end. I think he'll be the target man that we desperately need.

Sheehan - 5 - much better than Mattock, but his corners let him down today. I'd still make him number 1 Left back though.

Wesolowski - 5 - didn't do much although that was because we bypassed midfield with long balls.

To be honest, It's a bit unfair to mark N'Gotty down for being a midfielder.

I'm sure he'd rather not player there, we just have no choice.

Subs:

They must have done an improved commentary today because your ratings sound close to spot on although the radio boys perhaps gave a better impression of Hayles and certainly suggested that Sheehan presented Fryatt with a goal on a plate. Sounds encouraging about Howard.

Henderson 4- everytime he gets the ball-HOOF, should have saved the 3rd

Stearman 4- :@

Kisnorbo 5

Macauley 5

Mattock 3

N'Gotty 4- out of position

Chambers 2- did nothing. Literally

Clemence 6

Hume 5/6

Fryatt 5- worked hard, but missed an absolute sitter

Hayles 4/5- did very little, made a nuisance of himself though and showed his strength

Howard 6

Wesolowski 4

Sheehan 3- HOOF

Don't usually do ratings but here goes:

Henderson - 6 - Didn't really do much wrong. Sure he's not the most comfortable on crosses and prefers punching, but the goals were not his fault.

Stearman - 5 - The rest of the defence was poo so he was never going to be able to do much.

McAuley - 3.5 - He was shocking. Made Blackstock look a world beater. Not commanding enough, especially in the air. Was virtually always beaten in the air by Blackstock and was just very weak. Shame we don't have anyone else to come in becuase he should be dropped.

Kisnorbo - 4 - Also very poor. Not commanding, nor good enough on this showing. Basically the same as above except slightly better than McAuley. I never feel comfortable when Kisnorbo and McAuley are playing as a central defensive pairing.

Mattock - 3 - Given a very sound lesson by Ainsworth. Wasn't at the game today. Massively out of his depth.

Chambers - 5 - Worked hard and shifted around for the sake of the team

Clemence - 5 - Had no real midfield to pass to with a lack of movement from our midfielders Can't do it on his own.

N'Gotty - 4 - Didn't track their midfielders, nor look very commanding when playing as a fullback. Poor today

Hume - 6 - Great freekick (although I didn't think it was a free-kick). Never really penetrating.

Hayles - 6 - I though he did ok. Added a solidity to the forward line. I don't think he'll be as bad as people think

Fryatt - 5 - Criminal miss from a yard out. Once move to winger was never going to do anything.

Subs

Howard - 7.5 - Looks an excellent player for this level. Won most things in the air, the only silver-lining. Super Stevie Howard

Wesolowski - 6 - Was nice to see two central midfielders playing, now if only we had some wingers.

Sheehan - 5.5 - Didn't see much of the ball so probably unfair to rate him

Overall - Our defence basically gifted QPR 3 goals with poor organisation, bad mistakes and not showing the same commitment as the QPR players. Howard was excellent and although we overpaid, I think he'll be excellent. Today once agin showed how we are desperate for midfielders and wingers because for a large part of the game, we were playing Hume and Fryatt on the wings.

Henderson - 5 - Lacked confidence & highlighted the worth of Fulop & how our defence needs a commanding goalie

Stearman - 5

Mattock - 4 - out of his depth today

MacAuley - 4.5 Crap distribution - therefore left to Stearman to hoof ball forward again & again

Kisnorbo - 5

Clemence - 5.5

N'Gotty - 4.5

Chambers - 5

Hume - 6 Obviously scored a great goal but besides free kicks not much else to offer in midfield

Fryatt - 5 Can't believe that miss in second half......so frustrating to watch someone who could be good but always flatters to deceive

Hayles - 5 Wasn't that bad - better than Cort! I think it will take him a while to get used to Leicester's support play (ie not up to much!)

Subs:

Howard - 6 Breath of fresh air - a striker taking a shot from 25 yrds. Won most of his headers; good at knicking ball on (problem was no one else ahead of him to get on to them!)..better than any other striker we've had upfront all season!

Sheehan - 5.5

Wesolowski - 5.5

IH - 5 - looked subdued today not sure he kept off touchline as he didn't want to suffer chants of "ollie ollie what's the score" from QPR match

QPR fan with Blue sombrero - 4.5 Crap abuse to City fans but at least passionate about his team & had a wooden rattle

Henderson 4- flapped at crosses the defense had no confidence in him

Stearman 5 got forward a bit

Kisnorbo 5

Macauley 5

Mattock 4 - skinned twice early on and rightly tken off

N'Gotty 5- out of position but was poor

Chambers 5- did nothing. Literally

Clemence 5.5

Hume 6 - quality finish

Fryatt 6- worked hard, did everything right with the header really, great save by camp. some good touches

Hayles 5 strong on ball but was a yard off the pace

Howard 6 won a lot of headers great shot from 25 yards

Overall the defense had a shocker also I have no idea who as playing where half the time Chambers seemed to play right wing, scentral mid and left back, same with Ngotty. Fryatt played on a wing and in midfield at times.

All in all a bit odd

With Howard in the team and our back 5 hoof ball is what we have to look forward too

Henderson - 4

Stearman - 4

Mcauley - 4

Kisnorbo - 4

Mattock - 4

Chambers - 3 (did he touch the ball?)

Clemence - 5

N'Gotty - 3

Hume - 5

Fryatt - 1 (I'll never forgive him for that miss)

Hayles - 5

Subs:

Howard - 7

Sheehan - 4

Wesolowski - 4

Pretty much fours all round from me

WHAT! If Fulop was in goal I doubt they would have scored more than 1 of the 3 goals. His kicking was inaccurate too as usual.

Fulops was never that great at kicking. Although, I had lost full confidence in Henderson in the first minute when he almsot handled out the area :rolleyes: I miss Fulop already :(

Fulops was never that great at kicking. Although, I had lost full confidence in Henderson in the first minute when he almsot handled out the area :rolleyes: I miss Fulop already :(

I think he did actually go outside the area with the ball? It looked it from where we were anyhow. We were stood at the back thinking they were pretty much going to score from every cross.

WHAT! If Fulop was in goal I doubt they would have scored more than 1 of the 3 goals. His kicking was inaccurate too as usual.

He did what he was supposed to (and didn't actually have masses to do). Yes, he flapped at crosses, his kicking isn't the greatest when the balls passed back to him, but not one of those was deadly to us or cost us a goal.

To be honest, most of our team are inaccurate with their passes over 10 yards, let alone worrying about Henderson's hoofs.

If you're saying that Fulop would have saved 2 out of their 3 goals, you're wrong, but that's creating the case for needing better centre-backs. Our defenders were all over the place and made simple errors that cost us goals.

I think he did actually go outside the area with the ball? It looked it from where we were anyhow. We were stood at the back thinking they were pretty much going to score from every cross.

I was also at the back, and from my view, it seemed he did go outside the area...

Henderson - 5 - Lacked confidence & highlighted the worth of Fulop & how our defence needs a commanding goalie

Stearman - 5

Mattock - 4 - out of his depth today

MacAuley - 4.5 Crap distribution - therefore left to Stearman to hoof ball forward again & again

Kisnorbo - 5

Clemence - 5.5

N'Gotty - 4.5

Chambers - 5

Hume - 6 Obviously scored a great goal but besides free kicks not much else to offer in midfield

Fryatt - 5 Can't believe that miss in second half......so frustrating to watch someone who could be good but always flatters to deceive

Hayles - 5 Wasn't that bad - better than Cort! I think it will take him a while to get used to Leicester's support play (ie not up to much!)

Subs:

Howard - 6 Breath of fresh air - a striker taking a shot from 25 yrds. Won most of his headers; good at knicking ball on (problem was no one else ahead of him to get on to them!)..better than any other striker we've had upfront all season!

Sheehan - 5.5

Wesolowski - 5.5

IH - 5 - looked subdued today not sure he kept off touchline as he didn't want to suffer chants of "ollie ollie what's the score" from QPR match

QPR fan with Blue sombrero - 4.5 Crap abuse to City fans but at least passionate about his team & had a wooden rattle

lol he was such a knob everytime he said something he turned away frightend and then said more stuff and looked away whats the point

when he said we want 4 and 1 of our fans shouted YOUR A KNOB that was funny lol

lol he was such a knob everytime he said something he turned away frightend and then said more stuff and looked away whats the point

when he said we want 4 and 1 of our fans shouted YOUR A KNOB that was funny lol

Are we referring to the group of fans on the right hand side to us? They were pathetic

I was also at the back, and from my view, it seemed he did go outside the area...

The ball didn't. He had a foot or two out of the area but the ball was still in. Honestly, it was right in front of me.

I thought we were lucky to get the free-kick which Hume scored from, or at least it appeared that way from where I was sitting.

Yeah I didn't think Hume's goal should have been a free kick either. Ref was pants today like almost all the others we'v had this seasons.

As for the Henderson thing, We were to the right of it so it would have looked slightly more out than it was. Either way it was pretty marginal!

I felt Henderson was at fault for the first and third goals. Yes the defence could have done more, but ultimately he should have caught the crosses.

What a long day.

Henderson - 5

Stearman - 6

Kisnorbo - 6

McAuley - 5

Mattock - 3 - Torn apart completely.

Chambers - 6

N Gotty - 5

Clemence - 5.5

Hume - 6

Fryatt - 5

Hayles - 5

Subs

Howard - 7.5 MOTM - Did he lose a header?

Weso - 6

Sheehan - 5

Henderson - 4

Stearman - 5

McAuley - 5

Kisnorbo - 6

Mattock - 4 Shouldn't have played in the first place, didn't look fit to me.

Hume - 6.5

Clemence - 6

N'Gotty - 4

Chambers - 5

Hayles - 5

Fryatt - 5

Subs:

Howard - 7.5

Sheehan - 6

Wesolowski - 6

Henderson - 1. Poor

Stearman - 2. Poor

McAuley - N/A Don't deserve a rating. Shit.

Kisnorbo - 4 OK

Mattock N/A These subs are worrying

J.Chambers 3 Off Day

N Gotty 4 No Different to above

Clemence 5, Bit of fight still no motivation

Hume 2 Too Gready.

Fryatt 1 Couldn't finish.

Hayles 1 Put Hume and Fryatt in a mixing bowl, heres your end product.

MOTM Howard 6 Wanted to wear that shirt, and thats worrying considering he's been here less than 24 hours.

Supporters 8- Fooking Brilliant, i really don't know how we turn up week in week out because it's shambolic.

Archived