Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PAULCFC

ps3...any good?

Got a wii,but it's a bit too much hard work for me!Got a ps3 coming from a mobile deal......are the graphichs any better than the wii?(hope so!) and whats the best game......got fifa allready!

No comparison on those terms, mate - you'll love it.

Sit tight and get COD4.

Trust.

N.

I have both of them... I prefer the PS3 more than the Wii though!

You will love it, regardless of what the Xbox and Wii lovers on here say.

PS3 is where it's at!!!

That will rattle a few! lol

Agree 100%!!!

Wii is the karaoke machine of the games consoles and the Xbox is falling behind in terms of quality.

PS3 ALL THE WAY!!!

Agree 100%!!!

Wii is the karaoke machine of the games consoles and the Xbox is falling behind in terms of quality.

PS3 ALL THE WAY!!!

Wow, that is the second excellent post i agree with you on... check the watford thread

lol:clap:

PS3 will overtake the xbox, the online play has a long way to go though...

Agree 100%!!!

PS3 ALL THE WAY!!!

Wow, that is the second excellent post i agree with you on... check the watford thread

lol:clap:

PS3 will overtake the xbox, the online play has a long way to go though...

:crylaugh:

No, in all seriousness, they're both good consoles, the PS3 should be a better machine as its newer but who knows. The 360 obviously has the better catalogue of games. Swings and roundabouts.

As for the controllers, i was PS2 all the way, but now i've got a 360, i find the 360 controller immense. I dont know how much the PS3 controller has changed from the PS2 version, but if its not much, i far prefer the 360 controller.

No, in all seriousness, they're both good consoles, the PS3 should be a better machine as its newer but who knows. The 360 obviously has the better catalogue of games. Swings and roundabouts.

As for the controllers, i was PS2 all the way, but now i've got a 360, i find the 360 controller immense. I dont know how much the PS3 controller has changed from the PS2 version, but if its not much, i far prefer the 360 controller.

No it's not changed much, just added a highly original PS button in the middle, and made R2 and L2 more trigger like. The analogue stick is in the wrong place on the 360 controller I think, it's alright for shooting games, but not for Pro Evo

lol

TBH the controller has not changed much, apart from being wireless. The 360 is impressive, the online mode is without doubt better than PS3.

But i really think when prices start to fall, the PS3 will be the most popular console.

It is class.. I know a lot of people have knocked it, but thats what expectation does for you.

No it's not changed much, just added a highly original PS button in the middle, and made R2 and L2 more trigger like. The analogue stick is in the wrong place on the 360 controller I think, it's alright for shooting games, but not for Pro Evo

I found the analogue stick a bit odd at first but now it seems perfect for me.

The only bad thing about 360's is the reliability (allegedly) :P

To be fair though, if i could, i would get a PS3 just for the new Metal Gear Solid game. I loved those games on PS1 and 2. Awesome.

I did have a wii, I sold it for £550.00 on ebay!! I then brought a PS3, instead of a 360.

I did alot of research many experts think 360 has reached it's capacity in terms of game quality and PS3 still could get alot better!! No guarentees but just like the ps2, it will be a late developer and will get alot better!!

I found the analogue stick a bit odd at first but now it seems perfect for me.

The only bad thing about 360's is the reliability (allegedly) :P

To be fair though, if i could, i would get a PS3 just for the new Metal Gear Solid game. I loved those games on PS1 and 2. Awesome.

It will catch up with you my friend, trust. It catches up with us all.

At least we've all been given free cover.

Gotta say the PS3 is a top machine i think the online is good, easy to set up, FREE and wireless, Call Of Duty 4 is superb online. (If anyone wants to add me my online ID is ORMONDROYD by the way)

There bringing a thing out called "HOME" this year which is free will change the way everyone gets online on PS3 i use to browse the internet to and oh yeah its also a BLU RAY player which when your all HD'd up is the only way to go.

But its all about the games and long over the long term I think its the best machine. And the controller isnt a baby's toy.

It also looks shit hot the design fits in with modern TV's ive got a HD Samsung TV and under that they look made for each other runs silent to.

Basically i recommend 100%

Its like the PS3 is Arsenal runs like a well oiled machine shows absolute class let down by the odd shite game (say a F Jeffers) but everyone wishes they supported them

And its like the 360 is Man Utd, had longer to build up a fan base has a lot of fans but you just know you never want to be one cos if you are your just another TNUC

I just love how it lets you do everything...

Browse the web (im on my ps3 right now!)

Wireless t'internet

Play dvd's

Play blu-ray's

Play cd's

Play games (who'd of thought it eh?)

Takes camera memory cards

Plays .avi, .wmv files for all those (il)legal downloads

When playtv arrives in a couple of months, you can chuck out all your other equipment!

I just love how it lets you do everything...

Browse the web (im on my ps3 right now!)

Wireless t'internet

Play dvd's

Play blu-ray's

Play cd's

Play games (who'd of thought it eh?)

Takes camera memory cards

Plays .avi, .wmv files for all those (il)legal downloads

When playtv arrives in a couple of months, you can chuck out all your other equipment!

Thats why its the ultimate machine!!

people will see that soon!

:thumbup:

I dunno why we end up having this debate on here every week.

The only thing about it that justifies the price tag is the Blue Ray player for me. It has actually got some decent games now so buying one isn't a complete waste of £400 or whatever stupid amount it is. But there's not a titel that can't be bought on the 360 that stands out, while there are plenty of exclusives/console exclusives on the 360 that do stand out. Theres nothing in the graphics, the online play is infinitley better even if you do have to pay for it (it's worth it)

I dunno why we end up having this debate on here every week.

The only thing about it that justifies the price tag is the Blue Ray player for me. It has actually got some decent games now so buying one isn't a complete waste of £400 or whatever stupid amount it is. But there's not a titel that can't be bought on the 360 that stands out, while there are plenty of exclusives/console exclusives on the 360 that do stand out. Theres nothing in the graphics, the online play is infinitley better even if you do have to pay for it (it's worth it)

Too True!!

I suppose it is each to there own really!

Read the orginal post Phube.

in short "I have a Wii, it's garbage, I want something else"

Yeah... hard word.. either he's an asthmatic 4 year old or he's doing it wrong?

Has he got Galaxy... Zack & Wiki... RE4... Zelda... Eledees...? Probably not!

Archived