Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

Starting to track my mile run times. Managed 6:38 yesterday. Pretty pleased with that, especially as it was on a treadmill and it usually takes the machine a good 20+ seconds to get up to speed. Desperate to get in under the 6min  mark by the end of the year, but know that it's more important to focus on my horrendous form and foot placement.

2 hours ago, winchesterton said:

Starting to track my mile run times. Managed 6:38 yesterday. Pretty pleased with that, especially as it was on a treadmill and it usually takes the machine a good 20+ seconds to get up to speed. Desperate to get in under the 6min  mark by the end of the year, but know that it's more important to focus on my horrendous form and foot placement.

That's a very good time, how many miles do you do at that pace?

I did my longest run for a while yesterday, just over 4 miles in 35 minutes which i think wasn't  too bad.

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

That's a very good time, how many miles do you do at that pace?

I did my longest run for a while yesterday, just over 4 miles in 35 minutes which i think wasn't  too bad.

Only 1 mile! :D after that i'm dead or crawling. I've been a sprinter all my life, so i don't really have the muscles or mental strength for distance running. 4 miles in 35 sounds quite good. Do you keep the same pace throughout, or find you slow down for the last couple of miles.

1 hour ago, winchesterton said:

Only 1 mile! :D after that i'm dead or crawling. I've been a sprinter all my life, so i don't really have the muscles or mental strength for distance running. 4 miles in 35 sounds quite good. Do you keep the same pace throughout, or find you slow down for the last couple of miles.

Haha I suspected that as you must be going flat out.

Near enough kept the same pace but the first mile was massively down hill. I normally can go pretty flat out towards the end so still have a bit more left in the tank.

17 hours ago, winchesterton said:

If you can do a mile in 6.38 you could do 5k pretty easily.

21 hours ago, ajthefox said:

If you can do a mile in 6.38 you could do 5k pretty easily.

true. i think i the hardest part for me is being consistent in the psychology of the long run. I've had times where I'll just be dragging, basically jogging at best, and then at around 10k I hit the sweet spot and can run proper for a solid 3-5k.  But it's so random, completely different everyday.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Anybody doing the Leicester Marathon or Half on Sunday? Signed up for the half as that will probably be my last competitive run until February/March. Doing my second ever marathon in April so need the training! 

Good luck with the Leicester Half Marathon.

Didnt fancy that one myself so I will be in Manchester for the Half there on Sunday, just hoping to get round as been having ankle trouble around 7 miles in training.

Enjoy 

Archived