Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

Agree with Vlad. Running and cycling are the two sports where I feel free. Just me, myself and I.

May invest in some new trainers as I've just done a 3 mile jog and my feet are throbbing. I've posted about it before and adjusted my laces but this can't be right

Agree with this too, and unlike Sir F couldn't commit to a running club.I've even started running to work and back do everything is suited to spending more time at home with the kids once the exercise bit is done!!

Hang on!!!...Running non stop for 24 hours did you say???

You can stop and take a break, there is a campsite, most do it in teams of 2, 5 or 8 but there are single runners.

Ran to work this morning and obviously back again this evening.Read somewhere that it's good for you breaking down runs like that as it confuses your muscles and makes them stronger???..its confused me cos I'm fooked now!!!

Still not managed to drag myself out for a run since the marathon. Was forced to take time out after the stress fracture and have done nothing but play 5 a side since. Hoping to rectify that on Friday by getting out for a couple of miles.

Started running again properly a couple of weeks ago. Getting it in before work, something I never really managed a couple of years ago lol Go for a run, cycle 9 miles to work, then cycle 9 back at the end of the day. I've never felt so good!

Ran to work this morning and obviously back again this evening.Read somewhere that it's good for you breaking down runs like that as it confuses your muscles and makes them stronger???..its confused me cos I'm fooked now!!!

My wife has a running coach who is a big advocate of this, he has her running 10 miles in the morning then another 5-6 the same evening. Need to do a lot of strength training (weights etc) to avoid injury if you're putting that much pressure on your body though.

Just started hitting the gym again. Was running 10km 18 months ago but my job meant I couldn't play rugby any more and I let my diet and fitness slip. Going to sign up for a 10km run in October so I've got something to aim for. Will probably plan a 5km for by August.

Sucks how shit it is for the first month getting back into it, all this extra weight and doing no activity for 18 months really does set you back. I've ballooned to 18 stone from being sedentary and on medical steroids and can only manage ~10 mins (without stopping) on the treadmill at 10km/h after going for 10 days or so. Want to be back down to 14st and running 6km in 30 mins asap.

Hopefully the organised runs will keep me disciplined. Will try and keep posted on here for some accountability as well.

Started running again properly a couple of weeks ago. Getting it in before work, something I never really managed a couple of years ago lol Go for a run, cycle 9 miles to work, then cycle 9 back at the end of the day. I've never felt so good!

Only just noticed this, what are your goals? Just got back on the wagon myself but sounds like I'm a bit further behind than you.

Only just noticed this, what are your goals? Just got back on the wagon myself but sounds like I'm a bit further behind than you.

I haven't quite worked out what time I'm aiming for. I've got the Great North Run and Royal Parks coming up in September and October. My half marathon PB is 1:41:23 and I'm not expecting that (especially at the GNR!) so might aim for sub 1:50. To be honest though as long as I'm under 2 hours I'm not going to kick up a fuss. I've been cycling all the time I haven't been running so I think my base fitness isn't too bad which is helping.

That said, I've also signed up to cycle 130 miles over two days in the week of the GNR lol This can only end well...

I haven't quite worked out what time I'm aiming for. I've got the Great North Run and Royal Parks coming up in September and October. My half marathon PB is 1:41:23 and I'm not expecting that (especially at the GNR!) so might aim for sub 1:50. To be honest though as long as I'm under 2 hours I'm not going to kick up a fuss. I've been cycling all the time I haven't been running so I think my base fitness isn't too bad which is helping.

That said, I've also signed up to cycle 130 miles over two days in the week of the GNR lol This can only end well...

Definitely ahead of me :P

Furthest I've done is 12km in just under an hour which I was pretty happy with at the time. I want to get back to that level of fitness, it's killing me only being able to run for 15 mins at the moment.

Definitely ahead of me :P

Furthest I've done is 12km in just under an hour which I was pretty happy with at the time. I want to get back to that level of fitness, it's killing me only being able to run for 15 mins at the moment.

I was a bit stupid last week.

Happened to be in a different city to visit friends and found out there was a marathon going on that day. Decided to just rock up and give it a go and ended up in an ambulance about 90 minutes later.

I'm really happy that I've already finished a marathon in my life and I'm gonna go back to focusing on shorter races because the amount of training needed to be any good in the big one isn't really worth it, and I don't really enjoy 21-mile training runs.

lol that's fantastic, fair play to you for actually giving it a go mind. The sort of stupid, impulsive thing I'd try and do spur of the moment.

Reminds me of a Tommy Tiernan skit about his friend running a marathon and jumping in a ditch after three miles.

Went out and done just under five last night with the dog. Had to slight detour though as we came to a cow field and the cows and dog took too much interest in each other. Problem was the half mile diversion led me back into the other side of the cow field however I made it out before they caught me.

Just finished week 3 of a 20 week marathon plan leading up to the Leicester marathon in October.

It's going well so far, been eating a lot better food aswell.

The thought of running 26 miles is still a scary one at this point! Haha

Hottest day of the year and I'm running in a 7 mile race this evening, I hope they have the air ambulance on standby.

Rather you than me. Just rocked in from playing 5 a side on a pitch meant for 6 a side. I am shattered. Look like a mixture between the lion from Oz and Zoidberg.

Rather you than me. Just rocked in from playing 5 a side on a pitch meant for 6 a side. I am shattered. Look like a mixture between the lion from Oz and Zoidberg.

The run didn't go well, poorly organised water stations and crippling heat meant a few people being treated by the ambulances and plenty dropping out,I finished but not in a decent time.

Archived