Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

Question for anyone who has done Leicester marathon before....

Do they have energy gels at the feeding stations, and if so which brand do they have?

I have emailed the organisers to ask this question months ago but no response, their Twitter page also seems to no longer be active.

Question for anyone who has done Leicester marathon before....

Do they have energy gels at the feeding stations, and if so which brand do they have?

I have emailed the organisers to ask this question months ago but no response, their Twitter page also seems to no longer be active.

Just go to FAQ's on the website:

7. Will there be water stations, toilets and gels available? – Yes Water stations are provided every 3 miles, gels are available on the marathon route from mile 9 and onwards, and the toilets are located at mile 6, mile 15 and mile 19.

Just go to FAQ's on the website:

7. [/size]Will there be water stations, toilets and gels available? – Yes Water stations are provided every 3 miles, gels are available on the marathon route from mile 9 and onwards, and the toilets are located at mile 6, mile 15 and mile 19.[/size]

Thanks, I saw that but it says nothing about which gels they will have. There's a pretty wide range available out there and some I've tried make me feel sick. I will bring my own if they can't confirm details, otherwise no point in taking the risk.

Thanks, I saw that but it says nothing about which gels they will have. There's a pretty wide range available out there and some I've tried make me feel sick. I will bring my own if they can't confirm details, otherwise no point in taking the risk.

I'd never try anything new on race day,gels will possibly be High5 since they are a Leicester firm but that is only a guess, I'll be a marshal at the marathon but we don't have any information about this yet.

I'd never try anything new on race day,gels will possibly be High5 since they are a Leicester firm but that is only a guess, I'll be a marshal at the marathon but we don't have any information about this yet.

Ok thanks the info. That's exactly my point about not trying anything new. Unless I see confirmation on the website before the race, I will take my own. Cheers.

Ok thanks the info. That's exactly my point about not trying anything new. Unless I see confirmation on the website before the race, I will take my own. Cheers.

I took my own for the London Marathon but did grab the ones they were dishing out just in case I ran out.

• 2 weeks later...

Clocked 3'12 for the marathon, pleased with that for my first full marathon. Last few miles were very tough. Marshals and support were great, especially out in the villages.

That's an awesome effort.

Well done I only did the half in 1.52!!!

Well done Raj you ugly ****er. Much love. -x-

Thanks Karl.

X

Message me when your next at City,well kiss before the game.

Thanks, first time I've followed a structured training plan.

Well done on yours too.

Really is an awesome time.

Which plan did you follow?

I never follow a plan,perhaps I should!!!

Really is an awesome time.

Which plan did you follow?

I never follow a plan,perhaps I should!!!

Just one I found on the Internet. http://www.mensfitnessmagazine.com.au/wp-content/uploads/12-Week-Marathon-Training-Guide.pdf

I did a half marathon (Ealing) about 4 weeks before the Leicester marathon, otherwise I just followed the training plan.

Alex is joining me on the trip up for the Man U game - should come find us for a pint before hand.

Facebook me with details Karl.

Just one I found on the Internet. http://www.mensfitnessmagazine.com.au/wp-content/uploads/12-Week-Marathon-Training-Guide.pdf

I did a half marathon (Ealing) about 4 weeks before the Leicester marathon, otherwise I just followed the training plan.

Cheers bud.

And again,great effort

Living in Rothley wot is the most best running club to join locally?

Sileby? Birstall? Syston? Cozzo?

Cheers many thanks thanks cheers

Won't help youuch but saw LOADs of birstall running club runners around,so they must be doing something right!

• 1 month later...

Is there already a running thread? I couldn't find one, so here goes...

What kind of running does everybody do?  Sprint or marathon? Urban, rural or treadmill? Favourite shoes and running gear?

Personally, I swear by my Onitsuka Mexico 66's. Old school, but light weight and minimalist. Just enough to protect your feet from broken glass and dog messes.

I like to run for an hour or two at a time, but my psychological endurance is lacking, so I end up sprinting for a couple of minutes, followed by walking for a couple of minutes, then back to running, repeat x infinity.  

Steps and hills are easily my favourite terrain to run on. I generally start out at a set of aprox. 130 steps, do them a few times, then run 1.5 miles across town to a good size hill with 3 sets of steps (90,20,20) do 7 or 8 loops of the hill and the steps until i'm knackered, then run the scenic way back through town to the big steps where i started. Killer but addictive.

I dont know if I can attach a PDF from my PC but my brother has sent me this re a  diet he has been on over the past few months.

Just need to say when he does things he researches the hell out of it and does it by the letter.He also has degrees in physics and maths so can think things through logically. Which helps him when playing poker.One downside he is an ex teacher and expects others  to grasp things as fast as he does.

He says you can exercise but does not have to be jogging.

Not allowed to attach this kind of file.

I will try something else.

http://i-iz-a-writer.blogspot.co.uk/

Had to copy it all  to put it in a blog.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived