Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

Looked at a couple of ER6fs today.

They felt really comfortable but I think I have ridden bigger 125s.

Are they bikes to perform all functions or would I be bored with them within months?

They look smart enough..

Good bike for 'getting back into biking'.

Personally, I'd choose a GSXf.

They are more powerful, 650 CC, and I just think look more sporty.

A GSXf in my opinion is a bike you'd probably want to stick with for some time.

The ER6f's look a bit weedy to me.

They are probably great, but I like the look of the Suzukis.

Have you considered a slightly older GSXR 600?

Powerful but lovely to ride?

They look smart enough..

Good bike for 'getting back into biking'.

Personally, I'd choose a GSXf.

They are more powerful, 650 CC, and I just think look more sporty.

A GSXf in my opinion is a bike you'd probably want to stick with for some time.

The ER6f's look a bit weedy to me.

They are probably great, but I like the look of the Suzukis.

Have you considered a slightly older GSXR 600?

Powerful but lovely to ride?

I used to really want a GSXR anything when I was younger, but not any more.  

I'm too old for those kinds of shenanigans now!

The ER6f is tiny in comparison to anything else I have sat on.  It weights about the same as my old YPVS too.  But it is supposed to be a very good all rounder.  The other half says she is comfortable on the back and it is the cheapest to run.  So lots of very sensible reasons to think hard about it.  

The thing I like best is the GSX650.  I like the look and it felt pretty comfortable to sit on.  The bike which also makes a lot of sense is the Bandit with the panniers.  In hindsight, the Bandit did feel a bit top heavy though, unlike the other two.  As I haven't ridden a bike for so long, this freaks me out quite a bit.

I'm still no further forward in making a decision!  Do I buy a bike I can leap on and feel comfortable with or buy one I will have to get used to but will keep me interested for longer?

Doing my bonce in a bit now !!

I used to really want a GSXR anything when I was younger, but not any more.

I'm too old for those kinds of shenanigans now!

The ER6f is tiny in comparison to anything else I have sat on. It weights about the same as my old YPVS too. But it is supposed to be a very good all rounder. The other half says she is comfortable on the back and it is the cheapest to run. So lots of very sensible reasons to think hard about it.

The thing I like best is the GSX650. I like the look and it felt pretty comfortable to sit on. The bike which also makes a lot of sense is the Bandit with the panniers. In hindsight, the Bandit did feel a bit top heavy though, unlike the other two. As I haven't ridden a bike for so long, this freaks me out quite a bit.

I'm still no further forward in making a decision! Do I buy a bike I can leap on and feel comfortable with or buy one I will have to get used to but will keep me interested for longer?

Doing my bonce in a bit now !!

If you were me I'd wait and get the right one..

:thumbup:

If you were me I'd wait and get the right one..
:thumbup:

Good advice which I'm probably not going to follow.

Might put a deposit on the 1250 Bandit on Friday. Sat on it again today and I don't know what the fuss was about. Yes, it is big and heavy, but not that much more so than the GSF of GSX.

There's handling all the power of course, but I will just have to take it very, very easy for a while.

Plus, the other half likes this bike a lot.

Also, the dealer has made me promise to take a refresher course before I start riding it which I'm probably not going to do either.

If I'm still alive by summer then all has gone well !!

Edited by Deucalion

Good advice which I'm probably not going to follow.

Might put a deposit on the 1250 Bandit on Friday. Sat on it again today and I don't know what the fuss was about. Yes, it is big and heavy, but not that much more so than the GSF of GSX.

There's handling all the power of course, but I will just have to take it very, very easy for a while.

Plus, the other half likes this bike a lot.

Also, the dealer has made me promise to take a refresher course before I start riding it which I'm probably not going to do either.

If I'm still alive by summer then all has gone well !!

Why don't you get a test ride?

Best way surely?

I had one last year on a 1250 Bandit and they go like stink! Really really quick bike.

Why don't you get a test ride?

Best way surely?

I had one last year on a 1250 Bandit and they go like stink! Really really quick bike.

I think it'll take me a while to get up to speed so I daren't borrow anyone else's bike.

In other news...

New baby arrives next Friday...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=600&q=kawasaki+er6f+candy+burnt+orange&oq=kawasaki+er6f+candy+burnt+orange&gs_l=img.12...1979.13604.0.15599.34.12.1.21.22.0.66.665.12.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.12.img.KQGT_aLUCf0#imgrc=SdSSkG2oMdaGOM%3A%3BgUE4XVXUXOOxKM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.onyerbike.net%252Fimages%252Fbikes%252Fkawasaki%252F2011%252Fer6f%252Forangelg.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.onyerbike.net%252Fkawasaki%252Fer6f.htm%3B900%3B580

(Above is where I tried to post a picture of my new bike but couldn't for some reason)

Haven't decided on a name yet !!  

It is 11 plate with 4000 miles on the clock.  I managed to negotiate a whole £150 off the screen price, making it £3850.  Move over Alan Sugar!

To be fair, this was the cheapest ER6f with similar year and mileage for over 100 miles, so I don't think I did that badly.  Bought some Givi soft luggage and an alarmed disk lock.

Christmas is on 17th May this year !!

Edited by Deucalion

I think it'll take me a while to get up to speed so I daren't borrow anyone else's bike.

In other news...

New baby arrives next Friday...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=600&q=kawasaki+er6f+candy+burnt+orange&oq=kawasaki+er6f+candy+burnt+orange&gs_l=img.12...1979.13604.0.15599.34.12.1.21.22.0.66.665.12.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.12.img.KQGT_aLUCf0#imgrc=SdSSkG2oMdaGOM%3A%3BgUE4XVXUXOOxKM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.onyerbike.net%252Fimages%252Fbikes%252Fkawasaki%252F2011%252Fer6f%252Forangelg.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.onyerbike.net%252Fkawasaki%252Fer6f.htm%3B900%3B580

(Above is where I tried to post a picture of my new bike but couldn't for some reason)

Haven't decided on a name yet !!

It is 11 plate with 4000 miles on the clock. I managed to negotiate a whole £150 off the screen price, making it £3850. Move over Alan Sugar!

To be fair, this was the cheapest ER6f with similar year and mileage for over 100 miles, so I don't think I did that badly. Bought some Givi soft luggage and an alarmed disk lock.

Christmas is on 17th May this year !!

Nice one mate..

Don't forget..... Ground anchor and solid chain/padlock are the best for seeing off cunty thieves. Do this even if the bike is garaged!

Have fun!

What are allspeeds?

My wife got a nice helmet today. It was a Rossi 'Dreamtime' replica. She is very arty so it suited her down to the ground.

122gtx2.jpg

Very jealous, that's my favourite Rossi helmet!

Don't do what I did with my first bike and stack it on the second day.

Will try not to.

My slow speed cornering is atrocious!  

We're going away for the weekend and the missus wants to go on the bike.  Looking at the weather forecast, I don't think it's a bad idea.  

Hopefully I will have half an idea about what I am doing when I get back.

My problem was that my fast speed cornering was atrocious, hit a curbstone buried in the grass verg and went for a fly. I'll never forget the sound of my bike scraping down the road as I bounced and somersaulted off the Tarmac. Fortunately I had good trousers and jacket on and escaped with nothing more than bruises and damaged pride. To look at the jacket you wouldn't even know its been crash tested

My problem was that my fast speed cornering was atrocious, hit a curbstone buried in the grass verg and went for a fly. I'll never forget the sound of my bike scraping down the road as I bounced and somersaulted off the Tarmac. Fortunately I had good trousers and jacket on and escaped with nothing more than bruises and damaged pride. To look at the jacket you wouldn't even know its been crash tested

That sounds worse than wobbling around slow corners tbh.

Once my bike is moving at 30-40mph it seems effortless to steer the thing.  Am I counter-steering or leaning it around?  I don't know, it just happens.  Spoke to an instructor today and booked in for some very reasonably priced refresher lessons.  (£50 for 4 hours) He says I am probably using the clutch like the clutch on a car.  He is probably right.  

Glad you survived your spill btw !!   :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Putting my Honda CB-1 (400cc) up for sale if anyone's interested - £500, and will have a full MOT, new front brake pads, 53,000m. Tatty and ratty, but completely bombproof, 70mpg, brilliant for zooming in and out of traffic and good for 112mph (where the speed limiter kicks in)

I'd keep it but I'm after something quicker again and insurance runs out soon

4500306446_0c91508a3e_z.jpg

1989 - they only produced it for a couple of years for the Japanese and American markets. Predecessor to the Super Four, very similar to the Bandit 400 - high-revving 4 cyl, about 55bhp

It's a great little bike and makes the commute a joy. But I used to have a ZX-6R and am after something with a bit more go now. Bad timing though, already missed the best of the summer!

(Edit: that's not mine in the photo. Same colours, just a lot of flaking paint and stone chips)

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going for a big ride out tomorrow while weather's still nice. Got a ZX-9R last weekend and still getting to grips with it. Used to have a ZX-6R and expected this to be similar but torquier, but it's bloody mental! Even rolling back half-throttle too quickly feels like it's ready to somersault!

Going for a big ride out tomorrow while weather's still nice. Got a ZX-9R last weekend and still getting to grips with it. Used to have a ZX-6R and expected this to be similar but torquier, but it's bloody mental! Even rolling back half-throttle too quickly feels like it's ready to somersault!

Sounds good !!

Went out for 11 hours of riding and chatting on Saturday with a local motorbike club.  Went from Redditch to H Cafe in Oxford, then on to Motorcycle Megastore in Swindon, then back to Redditch.

Nice day, good riding and good company.

Can't beat bikes or bikers.