Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

Hate the great monstrosities, I simply don't understand the point of them.

Plus, it seems, everybody I know who has one is on the dole - now I'm fvcked if I can work out how you buy one of these on benefits...and one lad is now on his second. Brand new and everything.

It's all wrong.

Not a experienced biker so probably coming at it from a different view, but much like ridiculously overpowered cars I enjoy the engineering/noise perspective.

Any of the 2 wheelers here going to NEC show?

but obviously a lot more suspicious , you're not really up to speed on conspiracies are you ?

motorbikes and ungritted roads is an almost foolproof way of culling the numbers

The new grit being used in Northamptonshire is even better - laced with sugar, it seems to have the same coefficient of friction as ice.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm into motorbikes, but I'm scared off by my Family to have one as one of my cousins was killed driving it and hit his head bang on a lamp post in Glenfield over 20 years back. :(

My Dad buried his head in a cow's arse while he was doing National Service. Not as a hobby mark you, he rode his BSA into the ovine.

They never wanted me to take to two wheels either - but my advice is never listen to any advice. Go get a bike, there's little to touch it bar flying jets. thumbsup.gif

My Dad buried his head in a cow's arse while he was doing National Service. Not as a hobby mark you, he rode his BSA into the ovine.

They never wanted me to take to two wheels either - but my advice is never listen to any advice. Go get a bike, there's little to touch it bar flying jets. thumbsup.gif

Why be so nasty.............he was my dad aswell!!!!!:angry:

Got my test rides all booked for Friday - Tiger 800XC, Thunderbird and a Tiger 1050.

Choices choices.

Interesting - what floats your boat at the minute pre-test?

Harley gone?

What's the plan?

I can see you on a Thunderbird - the 850xc I think will be alright but the 1050 will be a bit more 'comfortable' for a man of your experience.

Edited by Nick

Motorbikes can be great I have no doubt. Just BE SENSIBLE.

I have been to 2 fatal incidents involving motorbikes in the last month or so, one a mature guy the other a younger chap, both messy beyond imagination one involved speed and a tractor in the countryside, the other a serious misjudgement with an artic on a main road,

Be SENSIBLE... please

Interesting - what floats your boat at the minute pre-test?

Harley gone?

What's the plan?

I can see you on a Thunderbird - the 850xc I think will be alright but the 1050 will be a bit more 'comfortable' for a man of your experience.

Harley went last year for a GSX1400.

I like the Thunderbird Storm but it is hellapricey. The 1050 is too wimpy compared to my old Tiger900 - which the XC reminds me of, and is running in second place. There's an ex-demo XC at Woburn going for a damn good price with a load of extras bolted on. It all depends on whether my heart or head win out on the day.

(And they offer me a semi-decent price on the 14).

Did you get something in the end?

Got my test rides all booked for Friday - Tiger 800XC, Thunderbird and a Tiger 1050.

Choices choices.

I rode the big bore thunderbird on a rolling road when the kit was in the testing phases at Triumph Hinckley design department on my work experience, doesnt half pull.

I also had to sign a confidentiality agreement but all the models I saw in development and testing have been released/announced now anyway so what the hell!

My bike is a Rieju NKD 50. Its fast for a 50 and gets me about so im happy!

My dad has an old honda 250 no idea on the model, its almost had it anyway. He's also got a 98 Triumph thunderbird and a Triumph Trophy 1200.

Edited by Kendrick

Harley went last year for a GSX1400.

I like the Thunderbird Storm but it is hellapricey. The 1050 is too wimpy compared to my old Tiger900 - which the XC reminds me of, and is running in second place. There's an ex-demo XC at Woburn going for a damn good price with a load of extras bolted on. It all depends on whether my heart or head win out on the day.

(And they offer me a semi-decent price on the 14).

Did you get something in the end?

No mate - still bikeless, I had a browse round Triumph in Welly earlier and wondered what may be your choice - I looked at all the above and then realised your dilema. I still am pretty hooked on getting an R1.

Took the Tbird out yesterday, it was awesome to the power of metal. Tried the 800XC across various green lanes and that was a brilliant hoot.

Then they offered me half what the Suzi is worth so I went home again.

I'd have either of the bikes I rode in a snap.

I rode the big bore thunderbird on a rolling road when the kit was in the testing phases at Triumph Hinckley design department on my work experience, doesnt half pull.

I also had to sign a confidentiality agreement but all the models I saw in development and testing have been released/announced now anyway so what the hell!

My bike is a Rieju NKD 50. Its fast for a 50 and gets me about so im happy!

My dad has an old honda 250 no idea on the model, its almost had it anyway. He's also got a 98 Triumph thunderbird and a Triumph Trophy 1200.

Always clipped my foot on the pannier of the Trophy which stopped me getting one of them.

Got plans to trade up to a 125 sometime?