Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

I had a go pillion on that massive 2.3 Triumph last week. Bits of my eardrums are still missing - incredible machine.

Bloke turned up at my place on an 09 Triumph 675 triple last night - looked and sounded awesome.

On its own the 2.3 Triumph thing looks like a cross between Olive from On The Buses and Hattie Jaques. Once being ridden it transforms (and the rider) into Buster Gonad and his unfeasably large testicles.

I am trying to convince Wifecabs that I need a Speed Triple or an XJR1300.

Trying and failing.

Ruining the backroads in the nice weather. Despise them.

Racing around backroads in a car or on a bike is fairly antisocial, plenty of cars racing around today whilst I was out on the bike, as I stuck to the speed limits on the roads I had allsorts of cars hanging 20' off my back wheel (the bikes just blast past and don't seriouslyendanger my life), absolute morons. If you want to race there ae plenty of tracks available.

Edited by Sir Fynwy

Racing around backroads in a car or on a bike is fairly antisocial, plenty of cars racing around today whilst I was out on the bike, as I stuck to the speed limits on the roads I had allsorts of cars hanging 20' off my back wheel (the bikes just blast past and don't seriouslyendanger my life), absolute morons. If you want to race there ae plenty of tracks available.

I know that, i was track driving yesterday morning and am a safe if swift driver on the backroads. I suppose it's swings and roundabouts I've met cocks on bikes just the way you have in cars, but i just cannot stand bikers blasting past you on straights to then obstruct you everry corner due to they're inability to handle well then veer off with that stupid noise they make.

This before I've got to them pottering into the gaps in traffic jams, one of these days I will open my door.

I know that, i was track driving yesterday morning and am a safe if swift driver on the backroads. I suppose it's swings and roundabouts I've met cocks on bikes just the way you have in cars, but i just cannot stand bikers blasting past you on straights to then obstruct you everry corner due to they're inability to handle well then veer off with that stupid noise they make.

This before I've got to them pottering into the gaps in traffic jams, one of these days I will open my door.

Give it a go, see if you end up like this bloke:

A father-of-two who moved his car to prevent a motorcyclist overtaking has been jailed for eight months for dangerous driving.

Andrew Sherratt, 32, caused “life-changing injuries” to 49-year-old Andrew Morris by forcing him into the path of oncoming traffic.

Paulinus Barnes, prosecuting, said: “Mr Morris went to overtake the defendant.

“There was some traffic coming in the other direction but the road was wide enough for the motorcycle to overtake the car.

“The defendant deliberately turned his vehicle into the centre of the road causing impact with the bike and forcing him across the central white line.”

Simeon Evans, defending, said Sherratt “did not think there was room for the motorcycle to overtake him and decided to block the gap.

“He wishes he had done the opposite and moved towards the kerb but he only moved a small distance rather than swerving.

“The reason he did it was misguided but he maintains that he was trying to decrease the danger.”

But Judge David Hale at Warrington Crown Court said: “You’re a young married man with a loving family but any time any of us gets in a car we are taking control of half a tonne of lethal metal.

“You say that you were trying to block him for his own safety but you could have moved left and your decision had disastrous consequences.”

Morris suffered multiple arm and wrist fractures after colliding with an oncoming car on Burtonwood Road in Warrington Road, Cheshire, on July 23 last year.

Sherratt, from Warrington, was handed a two-and-a-half-year driving ban on top of his jail sentence on Tuesday.

• 7 months later...

Would never own one after my Uncle got killed in a accident. :thumbdown:

Much as I'm sorry to hear that, in fairness, people get killed in cars every day. That doesn't stop many people from owning one, though. :/

Much as I'm sorry to hear that, in fairness, people get killed in cars every day. That doesn't stop many people from owning one, though. :/

i'd say it's like playing russian roulette with 2 bullets in the chamber , rather than 1 though

I had a go pillion on that massive 2.3 Triumph last week. Bits of my eardrums are still missing - incredible machine.

Hate the great monstrosities, I simply don't understand the point of them.

Plus, it seems, everybody I know who has one is on the dole - now I'm fvcked if I can work out how you buy one of these on benefits...and one lad is now on his second. Brand new and everything.

It's all wrong.

Hate the great monstrosities, I simply don't understand the point of them.

Plus, it seems, everybody I know who has one is on the dole - now I'm fvcked if I can work out how you buy one of these on benefits...and one lad is now on his second. Brand new and everything.

It's all wrong.

it's the government's way of killing of the scroungers :thumbup:

Obviously it was too fecking cold for me to go and actually take a photo of my bike, google images came up with the goods :thumbup:

But I thought it was warm and toasty in your garage? :dunno::whistle: