Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

LittleBigPlanet

I love the concept of it but get a horrible feeling that due to the nature of the online play, all it will take is one idiot and it could start to drag. Someone who disappears to answer the phone or wants to do it all himself.....Or a dodgy internet connection like some of us have experience on FIFA where it won't let us connect to certain people.

This game now has an average score of 96% after 12 individual reviews. Surely all PS3 owners on here are getting this one?

Oooh, you really misunderstand the PS3 (& 360) owners...

Does it have guns... NO

Does it have a exclusively brown colour palette... NO

Does it involve football... NO

Will it have an update yearly... NO

Does it have cute characters... YES

Does it have orignal, fun gameplay... YES

All this = Poor sales... :nono:

Does it have guns... NO

Is it available on the wii........ NO :whistle:

Is it available on the wii........ NO :whistle:

I know.... soo annoying (and it would be better too... Mmmm IR pointyness!! :wub: ).

It is only 1 of 2 reasons I'd buy a PS3... still not enough for me to spend £350 on a 'console' though!

(No.2 being Blu-Ray player if you were interested... :) )

I know.... soo annoying (and it would be better too... Mmmm IR pointyness!! :wub: ).

It is only 1 of 2 reasons I'd buy a PS3... still not enough for me to spend £350 on a 'console' though!

(No.2 being Blu-Ray player if you were interested... :) )

I can think of a third reason.....

Being able to pro evo without hurting innocent members of your family who happen to walk by when you're one on one with the keeper!

I can think of a third reason.....

Being able to pro evo without hurting innocent members of your family who happen to walk by when you're one on one with the keeper!

Not good enough... I could do that on PS2, 360, PC, DS, PSP, Mobile... etc...

Try again...

It's been recalled, was due out on Friday!

Link

Qur'an References Delay Sony's 'Little Big Planet'

discuss Total posts: 1

by Steve Watts

LittleBigPlanet has been delayed worldwide due to the inclusion of quotes from the Qur'an, reports VideoGaming247.

In a forum thread, a Muslim user commented that he listened carefully to some of the licensed music and caught the Qur'an references, and respectfully requested that they be removed. As a Muslim, the mixture of a holy book with pop music was offensive, leading Sony to pull the game despite it already being on retail shelves in some areas.

In response, Sony issued the following statement:

"During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur'an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

We'll confirm the new launch date shortly."

While Sony hasn't confirmed a new release date, retailers are claiming it will be pushed back to November 14. The recall will affect retailers globally and Sony will probably have to press new discs that don't include that licensed song. We'll let you know the new release date once Sony issues a statement on it.

Email Save

Does it have guns... NO

Erm....grey actually.

Besides...thats garbage anyway, i have Viva Pinata, which is a similar sort of thing and really enjoyed that.

Stop stereotyping!

And how well did that sell compared with the 'brown' games?

This game now has an average score of 96% after 12 individual reviews. Surely all PS3 owners on here are getting this one?
What does it matter, aslong as you enjoy it why are you bothered about sales?

:giggle:

I was responding to this post. I would love it to sell loads. Encourage other developers (for ALL systems) to make interesting, varied and well thought out games... Not just brown FPS's or yearly sports updates (or God forgive Need for SPeed update...!)

And how well did that sell compared with the 'brown' games?

I meant i'm breaking the stereotype Phubester!

Yes it didnt do anywhere near as well as it should have, people simply arent that interested in that sort of game, which is a shame because it is really interesting.

Did you ever have a go on it, it is on PC isnt it?

I meant i'm breaking the stereotype Phubester!

Yes it didnt do anywhere near as well as it should have, people simply arent that interested in that sort of game, which is a shame because it is really interesting.

Did you ever have a go on it, it is on PC isnt it?

I'm not sure... but if I had a 360 it'd be one of the games I'd own...

DELAYED... :o

BBC News

Sony has postponed the global release of a much-anticipated video game due to concerns that it may offend Muslims.

Copies of LittleBigPlanet are being recalled from shops worldwide after it emerged that a background music track contained two phrases from the Koran.

Sony issued an apology for any offence that its use of the backing track might have caused.

The changed version of LittleBigPlanet will now go on sale on 3 November in the UK and 29 October in the US.

Trial judge

A statement on the LittleBigPlanet website said: "We're sure that most of you have heard by now that one of the background music tracks that was licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Koran.

"We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence this may have caused."

Speaking to the BBC LittleBigPlanet creators Media Molecule said it was alerted to the problem by a Muslim gamer who had been playing a beta, or trial, version of the game.

The music in question comes from Grammy award-winning artist Toumani Diabate from Mali and is known to have been available through online music stores for months.

In an e-mail the gamer who spotted the Koranic phrases warned that mixing music and words from Islam's most holy text could be considered deeply offensive by Muslims. He suggested producing a software patch to remove the music.

Media Molecule said it did produce a patch but, following consultation with Sony, decided to go further.

...this is obviously a blow to Sony on the eve of what was expected to be a triumphant release of LittleBigPlanet.

Darren Waters

BBC technology editor

Read the dot.life blog in full

"We decided to do a global recall to ensure that there was no possible way anyone may be offended by the music in the game," said a Sony spokesman.

"A new version of the game without the music has been produced and will be released shortly so that anyone anywhere in the world can enjoy LittleBigPlanet," he added.

In June 2007, Sony apologised to the Church of England after setting scenes in a violent video game inside Manchester Cathedral. On that occasion the game was not withdrawn.

LittleBigPlanet has been described as a game about making games.

It lets gamers build their own playground levels and then swap them with other players over the PlayStation Network.

Everything that can be seen in LittleBigPlanet can also be created by gamers - from textures, characters, to objects and levels.

Manzoor Moghal, of the Muslim Forum think-tank, explained that words from the Koran should not be set to music because the words are seen to have come directly from God.

He added: "We must compliment Sony for taking decisive action by withdrawing these games immediately, and releasing a version that is not offensive to Muslims."

Political correctness gone MAD... or a very clever PR stunt (on BBC 6 'o'clock news last night advertising the game! Hmmmmm...

• 2 weeks later...
As soon as I've finished the gaming brilliance that is Dead Space, I'll trade it in along with the rather disappointing Far Cry 2, and let you know. :thumbup:

Funny, I've heard the opposite!!?

Archived