Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Courtney Lee was being punished for being an inexperienced rookie. Alton just fucking choked. And Howard couldn't score from the free throw line for shit. Collectively you could say they all choked - they missed so many wide open shots. I was surprised that Nelson was put in and although he did a half decent job when he got on I thought Stan should have waited till Game 2 or 3 at least.

If Orlando go 2-0 down, they can kiss the title goodbye. They needed to steal Game 1 or Game 2 cos Lakers will definitely steal at least 1 on the road, so Sunday Orlando really have to step up big time.

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Game 2 tonight is vital for Orlando. If these lose tonight it's pretty much game over. Lakers will definitely steal one on the road.

Howard needs to develop some sort of jump shots during off season, cos he can't always rely on dunks. If he can't get to the hole, he isn't effective. Even if he draws fouls, he needs to improve his free throw shooting in order to capitalize on those fouls. Cos quite frankly he's fucking wank from the free throw line.

Orlando are struggling a wee bit again. Rashard Lewis is single handedly keeping Orlando in the game with his 3 pointers - But Lakers are starting to pick up where they left last game.

What a fucking great block by Turk at 0.6 - If Kobe shot there, they would have won the game.

88-88 going into OT.

Hedo Türkoğlu and Rashard Lewis have owned the 2nd half of this game. They made so many big shots and kept Orlando ticking along. Got a lot of love for Turk especially, what a man.

Courtney Lee with the last action of the game and he misses the shot - great execution by Orlando but Lee missed the game winning shot.

What a fucking great block by Turk at 0.6 - If Kobe shot there, they would have won the game.

88-88 going into OT.

Hedo Türkoğlu and Rashard Lewis have owned the 2nd half of this game. They made so many big shots and kept Orlando ticking along. Got a lot of love for Turk especially, what a man.

Courtney Lee with the last action of the game and he misses the shot - great execution by Orlando but Lee missed the game winning shot.

Thank god too :phew:

2-0 now, nowhere near as comfortable as game 1 and could easily have lost it.

And of course Turkoglu is good, he's Turkish :P

Magic go back home, van gundy finds a way to get howard into the game, getting him the ball on cross screens, fades giving him the chance to do something before the double teams arrive. Howard responses with a huge night 30 & 20 and about 5 blocks, win game 3. This in turn pisses Kobe off and in game 4 he goes off on one scoring 40+ points but the magic take the win, back to LA tied at 2 a piece.

Just my guess...

88-88 going into OT.

Fantastic play by Van Gundy, he drew the play up, ran to perfection, it helped that kobe blew his defensive assignment though. Van Gundy just out thought him

Magic go back home, van gundy finds a way to get howard into the game, getting him the ball on cross screens, fades giving him the chance to do something before the double teams arrive. Howard responses with a huge night 30 & 20 and about 5 blocks, win game 3. This in turn pisses Kobe off and in game 4 he goes off on one scoring 40+ points but the magic take the win, back to LA tied at 2 a piece.

Just my guess...

There is 3 in a row at Orlando.

I think Magic will porbably win Game 3, but Lakers game 4 and 5. I hope it is like this too. :P

There is 3 in a row at Orlando.

I think Magic will porbably win Game 3, but Lakers game 4 and 5. I hope it is like this too. :P

Always forget they changed it to the 2-3-2 format, i prefered the old format, sentimental old git that i am at times.

On a bright note, it's so good to see Courtney Lee is already used to wearing a mask, the choker who might never want to show his face again in Orlando after costing the hopeless underdogs a victory and maybe a shot to make a series out of this.

Nice try, Orlando, and not all that bad for an NBA outpost, but this was your one magic moment, your prayer, your chance to feel what an 0.4 Derek Fisher is like, an opportunity to ride the high that comes with Robert Horry meeting the moment.

I'd fucking love it if this came back to bite Lakers in the arse, although I can't see it - I just can't believe their local paper is talking this much bollocks.

I agree with you - I also prefer the old 2-2-1-1-1 format, cos the 2-3-2 format actually favours Orlando rather than Lakers, when it should be Lakers who should get the advantage. It's a farce to be honest - It all worked wonderfully well in the previous format, and then Stern chose to fuck it all up.

As much as I love Turk, the bloke travels worse than Kobe and LeBron combined lol Just blatant travelling.

On another note, Kobe is fucking insane tonight. Absolute out of this world - getting some impossible shot. I think Stan needs to put Turk on Kobe rather than Mickaël Piétrus.

Kobe was atrocious from the free throw line in the 2nd half, compared to his first quarter. At the end of the day, I think Orlando just gotta take it one game at the time - you gotta remember as well Pau Gasol had a very good game, but it all went to waste eventually and Orlando was just one lay up away from making it 1-1 in Game 2. It's not completely over.

So all is not settled yet, although it does worry me that Orlando playing this good last night and still just barely scrape through and win with 4 points. Orlando will not get anything from Game 7, so the next two games are really crucial for them.

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Lakers will make it 3-1 tonight, Orlando will pull one back on Saturday and make it 3-2 in Game 5 and Lakers will then go home and win it in front of their home crowd in Game 6.

I'd be over the moon if Orlando made it 2-2 tonight. I'd love that. If Lewis and Turk are on their game, it's possible.

Man this is a load of bollocks. Orlando lead by 12 points at half time, but then Trevor Ariza comes out and played like a beast in the 3rd quarter and before you know it Lakers were leading by 4 points. That was a massive turning point. I hate Trevor Ariza.

Series over now, really.

They'll win by 8 points tonight :P

And do you mean game 5?

:whistle::P

Man this is a load of bollocks. Orlando lead by 12 points at half time, but then Trevor Ariza comes out and played like a beast in the 3rd quarter and before you know it Lakers were leading by 4 points. That was a massive turning point. I hate Trevor Ariza.

Series over now, really.

I personally love Ariza. :D But not as much as I love Fisher right now. :wub: Two huge shots.

That's a pretty awesome prediction like. ;)

With a 3 point lead and the clock ticking down, Orlando should have fouled before Fisher before he took the shot. To be honest, I was a little surprise they didn't foul Odom [Laker player with the worst FT% on court] on the Laker's last possesion in regulation time and Jameer Nelson gave Fisher so much room to shoot, he should have fouled the fucker but he gave him all the space he needed - basically Orlando bloody choked again.

And Rashard Lewis really need to step it up big time in Game 5 - He went completely AWOL last night.