Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Really, that'll be quality. I'd have loved to have gone.

I had a quick look but I could only see ones for £75 :unsure: How much did it set you back?

Just over £50, although the face value is £35 but had to pay the ridiculous handling/commission/postage fees for Viagogo.

So, pre-season friendlies have started and on Tuesday ESPN are showing Bulls/Jazz from the 02 live. An NBA game, on English TV, at a normal time! :wub:

I can't wait till the season starts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So...has nobody else been keeping a close eye on this season? :giggle:

I've definitely paid more attention to this season that any other, loving it. ESPN coverage helps alot, definitely. Although if you're a Nets fan I wouldn't blame you for not paying attention lol

So...has nobody else been keeping a close eye on this season? :giggle:

I've definitely paid more attention to this season that any other, loving it. ESPN coverage helps alot, definitely. Although if you're a Nets fan I wouldn't blame you for not paying attention lol

I haven't watched 1 full game yet this season. I only done the highlights on the official NBA site.

I wish I was still a poxy lazy student like you so I could stay up all night and watch sports. :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah it's bloody hard watching NBA atm, it's on too late. Someone summerize the season so far for me. :)

Well...

Celtics and Lakers are some distance ahead of the rest of the league i'd say. LeBron is ridiculous. Carmelo Anthony has become a monster. Kobe has nailed some ridiculous shots, including a running 3 on the buzzer to beat Miami. Nets went 0-18 to start the season, Knicks were shit but are fast improving. Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings are fighting it out for rookie of the year. Ermm... About it I think.

Haven't watched it for a long time but Lebron James is entertaining me tonight, what an athlete.

He is phenomenal, he really is. Although that miss on the dunk made me giggle :giggle:

Anyway, Kobe Doin' Work is on ESPN at half 2 today :) Spike Lee documentary on Kobe Bryant.

Why the f**k have Five USA not got NBA 360 this season? Is there any other NBA highlights show on freeview? I can't be arsed with highlights on NBA.com!

Pretty sure ESPN have got all NBA rights for the UK now. Nothing wrong with the NBA.com highlights anyway! :P

I loved how ESPN showed games on Christmas day, and at a respectable time too! Some great games.

Anyone here play NBA 2k10? It's bugging me how crap I am at it, I know you can't just run with a player to the basket but nobody ever moves on my team and I don't know how to activate a play or anything. :( The manual is a piece of crap.

I loved how ESPN showed games on Christmas day, and at a respectable time too! Some great games.

Anyone here play NBA 2k10? It's bugging me how crap I am at it, I know you can't just run with a player to the basket but nobody ever moves on my team and I don't know how to activate a play or anything. :( The manual is a piece of crap.

Get Live 09 instead :whistle:

Gilbert Arenas and teammate draw guns on each other.

Reports: Guns drawn in argument

NEW YORK -- Washington Wizards teammates Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve locker room argument over a gambling debt, according to The New York Post.

Last week, the Wizards and Arenas acknowledged that Arenas had stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker, and the NBA said it was looking into the situation.

It was during that investigation that a confrontation between Arenas and Crittenton was revealed, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.

The dispute stemmed from an unspecified disagreement, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Citing an anonymous source, the Post reported in Friday's edition, however, that the standoff was sparked when Crittenton became angry at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt.

That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources told the Post.

Asked by the newspaper about the confrontation, Arenas denied pulling a gun on Crittenton.

"This is unprecedented in the history of sports," Billy Hunter, executive director of the NBA players' association, told the Post. "I've never heard of players pulling guns on each other in a locker room."

The Wizards issued a statement Dec. 24 that Arenas had stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker at the arena and that the NBA was looking into the situation.

On Tuesday, Washington, D.C. police said they were investigating a report that weapons were found inside a locker room at the Verizon Center.

Now, the federal government is also involved. Ben Friedman, a spokesman for the US Attorney's Office in DC, told the Post "we're working with the Metropolitan Police Department on the investigation."

lol

Unbelievable Jeff

LINK