Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

"When is it gonna chaaange" Stan van Gundy style.

Shame Orlando are gonna let them win at their own backyard.

Not a shame at all! This has worked perfectly.

Not only did I say this is how it would pan out after game 2 :whistle: It also means it's done before I go on holiday so don't miss a thing. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well the spurs are back up amongst the elite in the west now after making what looks like the steal of the season so far. They have traded bowen, orberto and some more baggage to the bucks for Richard Jefferson. Now a core of TP, Manu, Jefferson and Timmy puts them back up there, and with pops usual knack of pulling a no-name forgeiner out of nowhere as well could give the lakers a nice run for their money.

Oh and the drafts on friday, get to see who has the guts to take the gamble on Rubio

Im a Cleveland man.

Purely for Lebron.

Next season should be entertaining for you then. The cavs have agreed to send ben wallace, sasha pavolic and some cash to the suns for Shaq! Gonna be interesting to see how them two work out together!

Next season should be entertaining for you then. The cavs have agreed to send ben wallace, sasha pavolic and some cash to the suns for Shaq! Gonna be interesting to see how them two work out together!

Shaq?!

This is enough for me to start staying up late enough to watch it again.

I'm going to start supporting the Trail blazers as Paddy Mills has just been drafted by them. :scarf:

Assuming that he actually makes the squad and doesnt get cut over the summer, his contract isnt guarnteed as he went in the second round. He should have came out last season after the olympics. He would have been taken in the first round as a gamble by some team after his showing.

The magic just got a lot deeper as well, they've traded courtney lee and Alston to the nets for vince carter. It'll help them in the regular season but carter will carry on choking in the playoffs

Vince Carter to Orlando - good move for Orlando. A great improvement on Peatrus and Courtney Lee. Impressed by this move. I love Carter and Orlando made a good move. Carter won't choke this time.

Richard Jefferson to Spurs - Good move as well. Spurs got their big 3 and now got a 4th one who is a good free scoring dude. A definite improvement on Finley.

Shaq to Cleveland - splendid move. I just hope he stays healthy cos he's a damn sight better than Dwight Howard. A big improvement for Cleverland.

Blake Griffin to LA Clippers - good to see Clippers not fooking up their 1st draft pick and getting Griffin.

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Vince Carter to Orlando - good move for Orlando. A great improvement on Peatrus and Courtney Lee. Impressed by this move. I love Carter and Orlando made a good move. Carter won't choke this time.

Richard Jefferson to Spurs - Good move as well. Spurs got their big 3 and now got a 4th one who is a good free scoring dude. A definite improvement on Finley.

Shaq to Cleveland - splendid move. I just hope he stays healthy cos he's a damn sight better than Dwight Howard. A big improvement for Cleverland.

Blake Griffin to LA Clippers - good to see Clippers not fooking up their 1st draft pick and getting Griffin.

I aint to sure about carter, he needs the ball in his hands on every offence to be effective or he goes missing, the same with Lewis, if he isnt getting the ball he disappears. You cant have two guys on a team like that and be successful. Plus Howard is the future of this team, bringing in someone like carter will surely slow his development, they have one shot really at winning it all, but the improvements that the spurs have made, i cant see them getting past them or LA (assuming they resign Odom) in the finals.

The spurs are back to being the second best team in the west with this trade.

It's just sad that Turk definitely won't be re-signing now that they have signed Carter. I love Turk.

Exactly the opposite, the magic GM has said they will be re-signing Turk at all costs. And by bringing in carter they are going for bust next season to win it all. Could end up with a championship, or they could be lumbered with 3 guys making huge money for years to come and paying a fortune in luxuary tax. I like the whole idea they are going for it, but just think they went for the wrong guy in carter

EDIT - Oh and not even the clippers could have messed that pick up, even if Elgin was still in charge

Edited by welck12

I cant make my mind up about this one, yes shaq can be a beast, but with him clogging the lane it takes away so much from what James can/will/should be doing, driving to the hoop. Yeah shaq (if hes healthy) will average about 18 & 8, but why trade for him when they have big Z? They would have been better off going for a solid guard to take some of the scoring load off James. I reckon they are going for bust on shaq hoping that be doing this they can convince James to re-sign now before he becomes a free agent in 2010

I hope you're right about Turk. He's the heart of that team and is as important to keep as their franchise player is, Dwight Howard. The thing is, Orlando was such a dangerous offensive team because they had Rashard Lewis AND Turkoglu on the perimeter, two 6'10 forwards who could knock down the 3, put the ball on the floor or post-up at will.

With those guys on the wing, and Jameer Nelson at the point, Superman is surrounded by shooters who will either give Dwight single-coverage, or make the other team pay if their man leaves them to go help out on Dwight. Now with Carter there, it's important those pieces stay in place. Carter is a 50+ point scorer several times in his career - and I agree he's a play-off choker, but he's still an offensive threat when he wants to be. But they'll lose a serious dimension if they move Turk out, and the trade for Vince won't mean as much.

As for Shaq, he averaged 18 & 8 and played 75 games. Shaq was and still is in the top three centre of the league as well as an all-star. Nevertheless, I also think they're doing it hoping they can re-sign LeBron before he becomes a free agent next year.

Spurs are just made a very good trade and have become 2nd to Lakers in the West.

Vince Carter to Orlando - good move for Orlando. A great improvement on Peatrus and Courtney Lee.

I love Piatrus, I rate him loads. He looks clueless all the time but picks up some key points in matches. Carter obviously is an improvement on him though, although I reckon Pietrus can improve as a player.

Edited by Ozwin

Rasheed Wallace is going to Celtics, agreed a deal with them yesterday. The big teams in each conference (La, Spurs, Cavs and Celts) all got stronger this summer, should make for an interesting season.

Looks like Yao could be out for the season already as well, he is just too tall his body cant handle it. And Turk looks like he's off to Toronto now as well, so much for the magic saying they would do everything to resign him, stupid move in my books, they've downgraded with carter

• 2 months later...