Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Boston didn't look themselves, I expect them to return to their best in the next game.

I have missed this whole season because FiveUSA didn't have rights to show NBA highlights any more, but I downloaded game 1 of the finals and have to say I was a bit disappointed with the Celtics. They didn't really turn up and KG was below par - that missed layup in the fourth quarter was bizarre :blink:

The Lakers bench was pretty good - Fisher and Farmar made an impact when they were on court. Hopefully game 2 will be a bit more competitive.

Yeah KG's gotta step up in this game because he was non existant on Thursday.

The wait in between games is rubbish :( Especially when there's no other sports on to keep me occupied. At least it's on tonight!

I've decided that over the summer I'm going to work on my vertical jump, I'm gonna try and be able to at least touch the rim if possible in a few months. I'm not too far off. :)

Yeah KG's gotta step up in this game because he was non existant on Thursday.

The wait in between games is rubbish :( Especially when there's no other sports on to keep me occupied. At least it's on tonight!

I've decided that over the summer I'm going to work on my vertical jump, I'm gonna try and be able to at least touch the rim if possible in a few months. I'm not too far off. :)

KG was dreadful, and it was highly enjoyable :giggle:

There's the Stanley Cup final going on at the same time, what's wrong with that!

I just can't get into ice hockey, I went to the game at the O2 a few years back and it was amazing but I dunno, watching it on telly isn't the same.

I wanna go to the O2 in October for the Lakers game but it's like £60 + travel and I don't know anybody who likes basketball :(

I just can't get into ice hockey, I went to the game at the O2 a few years back and it was amazing but I dunno, watching it on telly isn't the same.

I wanna go to the O2 in October for the Lakers game but it's like £60 + travel and I don't know anybody who likes basketball :(

I've never really been into Ice Hockey, but I still always seem to end up watching the Stanley Cup :giggle:

And i'm in the same boat, well, I can afford it that's not a problem. I just can't find anyone to come with me!

I've never really been into Ice Hockey, but I still always seem to end up watching the Stanley Cup :giggle:

And i'm in the same boat, well, I can afford it that's not a problem. I just can't find anyone to come with me!

I'm going to the O2 on my tod - I'm sure there's plenty of individuals going on their own as basketball's not exactly the most popular of sports in this country.

Boston win :D

Ray Allen was on FIYAAH last night, he's one of my favourite players so I'm chuffed be broke that record.

<_< Disappointing.

But yeah that first half performance from Ray Allen was incredible, although it was Rondo who impressed me more taking over in the 4th.

Onto Boston, and now the Lakers have to win on the road to stay in the series! Looking forward to it though, really think this could go the distance :fc:

Even though the Celtics won I don't think they were that good tbh. Garnett was shit once again and Pierce needs to, as the commercial suggests, 'step up' because he wasn't too great himself.

Saying that it was one of the best games I've seen in ages, laughable refereeing (in a sick sort of way) made the game more enjoyable.

Can't wait for whenever the next game is on.

Just watched the whole game without knowing the score. Delighted that Celtics won. It was a bizarre game with all the stars running up the foul count. KG was woeful again and Paul Pierce was not much better offensively but did well defensively. Rondo and Allen (in the first half) were class, and little Nate did well when he came on in the 4th.

Looking forward to game 3 now.

KG played well. Ray Allen went from hero to zero (literally) with 0-13 FG. Pierce yet again disappointed but somehow knocked down a few 3 pointers.

Neither team played well offensively but were strong in defence, and Fisher won it for the Lakers in the 4th with those quick 4 field goals. Celtics need to get their game going again in game 4 - Rondo, Allen and Pierce need to step up again.

Garnett decided to show up at last, shame it was for nothing. Rondo and Bryant had shockers by their standards.

Yeah, Kobe's shooting was well off most of the night. Was quite odd. Obviously not as odd as Ray Allen going 0-13 :blink:

KG played well. Ray Allen went from hero to zero (literally) with 0-13 FG. Pierce yet again disappointed but somehow knocked down a few 3 pointers.

Neither team played well offensively but were strong in defence, and Fisher won it for the Lakers in the 4th with those quick 4 field goals. Celtics need to get their game going again in game 4 - Rondo, Allen and Pierce need to step up again.

Fisher :wub: Such a textbook playoff performance from him.

KG was big, he needed it too. Also Glen Davis was beginning to annoy me in the 4th!

Wasn't a classic by all means (the 3 point percentage was abysmal aswell) but big win for the Lakers :) Can't wait for game 4 now...

That was a phenomenal performance from the Celtics bench - they completely turned the game on its head. Glen Davis was sensational and Nate Robinson was brilliant too, I felt a bit sorry for them when the starters came back on for the last few minutes. Gasol and Bryant were the only players that showed up for the Lakers.

The series could go down to the wire at this rate!

That was a phenomenal performance from the Celtics bench - they completely turned the game on its head. Glen Davis was sensational and Nate Robinson was brilliant too, I felt a bit sorry for them when the starters came back on for the last few minutes. Gasol and Bryant were the only players that showed up for the Lakers.

The series could go down to the wire at this rate!

Davis has had an incredible series, he seems to get everything to go atm. Really enjoyed watching that game despite the Lakers loss. When Kobe was hitting those threes I was out of my seat :wub: But he seemed to turn it over no end, not sure how many he had in the end but it proved costly, especially the one with a minute to go when Rondo stole the pass. Really gutted that Bynum didn't play much, think that made a real difference and hope he's fit for game 5. Nervous for it already!

Woo Boston!

Best they've played all series, Pierce was on fire and Rondo was back to his best.

Just need 1 more game now, come on Celtics!

:cry:

Still got home court advantage, but there needs to be a huge improvement from some guys (i'm looking at you Ron). Kobe's 3rd quarter was immense, but the Celtics were just going straight down the floor and getting an easy two, was silly. Pierce was money all night, and I know I shouldn't but I adore Rondo. He's just so good (even if he did turn it over quite a bit).

Allen and Fisher really don't like each other do they! And on that subject, Allen has puzzled me. Missed his last what, 17/18 3 point attempts in a row since that record breaking game? Crazy.

As for Artesticle, he's supposed to be in there for his defence but it was poor tonight. Then when he stepped up to the free throw line and missed them both with around a minute left it was all over. <_<

I said it could go the distance and was hoping it would do...now i'm praying it does!