Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

I would love to see Larry Bird and Peter Crouch go 1 on 1.

By the way, have either of you ever seen a SlamBall match?

I've seen some nasty accidents happen in a slamball match :sick: Not for the faint hearted.

I also seen some exceptional entertainment though.

Hell yes. It's like the NBA Slam Dunk awards meets Ice Hockey with trampolines.

Was decent, nothing like the NBA though :P

Just watching the Dwyane Wade thing now, recorded the earlier match and will get round to it tomorrow I reckon.

I'm also saddened to see people not talking about Vince Carter the way they used to. I remember being a massive fan of Carter.

Carter always has been and always will be a choke artist. He needs to dominate the ball to have any success, but he cant carry a team on a consistent basis. Could be a great 2nd guy on a team if he learned to play without the ball, but therein lies the problem.

The closest he ever came was in his raptors days when they lost to philly in the conf semi's and he bricked a trey at the buzzer that would have won it for them. Had that gone in who knows how it might have helped his mentality/career.

So its pretty much end of the regular season, so who you guys picking for the awards then?

MVP - Bron-Bron

Sixth Man - Nate Robinson

Defensive Player - Shane Battier

Most Improved - Paul Millsap

1st Team - Tony Parker, Dwanye Wade, Kobe, Lebron, Dwight Howard

Well so much for any talk of the spurs winning it all, they've just shut manu down for the season

It's a ****ing travesty, I'm telling you. :(

He's started to get into his game after he returned from his injury, and then this happens.

Chris Paul is a beast. Currently toe-to-toe with Dwayne Wade and his crew. Only 6'0'' and he has been named in the All-Defensive Team last year.

Dwayne also has his swagger on.

Chris Paul is a beast. Currently toe-to-toe with Dwayne Wade and his crew. Only 6'0'' and he has been named in the All-Defensive Team last year.

Dwayne also has his swagger on.

Thank god west stepped it up in OT. The loss for miami keeps the sixers alive for stealing the number 5 seed. At least against the hawks we have a chance, will get swept by either boston or orlando

Edited by welck12

It's a ****ing travesty, I'm telling you. :(

He's started to get into his game after he returned from his injury, and then this happens.

It wouldnt surprise me if the spurs traded manu before next season. Apart from TP, Bonnar, Geroge Hill and Mason, the rest of the roster is too old and needs revamping. Timmy seems to have lost his touch on his bankers and is taking more of a banging inside every game and his body is finally catching up to him. Its parkers team now. If they can upgrade the rest of the bench (ie bowen, finlay etc) they may get one more shot outta the big three i reckon

So its pretty much end of the regular season, so who you guys picking for the awards then?

MVP - Bron-Bron

Defensive Player - Shane Battier

Most Improved - Paul Millsap

1st Team - Tony Parker, Dwanye Wade, Kobe, Lebron, Dwight Howard

MVP - LeBron

Defensive Player - Dwight Howard

Most Improved - Kevin Durant

Rookie - Derrick Rose

That would have been my choice.

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

It wouldnt surprise me if the spurs traded manu before next season. Apart from TP, Bonnar, Geroge Hill and Mason, the rest of the roster is too old and needs revamping. Timmy seems to have lost his touch on his bankers and is taking more of a banging inside every game and his body is finally catching up to him. Its parkers team now. If they can upgrade the rest of the bench (ie bowen, finlay etc) they may get one more shot outta the big three i reckon

It wouldn't surprise me either, but I really hope not. I still got faith in Manu. The big 3 been together for some time now and may need some fresh blood. Timmy, bless him, has lost his touch on the bankers and his body is definitely catching up on him. I love Timmy to bits, but I hate seeing him being bossed around too easy. Tony Parker is obviously a lot younger and it's his shit now.

Playoffs start next week

East

1. Cleveland vs 8. Detriot (Cleveland 4-0)

2. Boston vs 7. Chicago (Boston 4-1)

3. Orlando vs 6. Philly (Orlando 4-1)

4. Atlanta vs 5. Miami (Miami 4-3)

West

1. Lakers vs 8. Utah (Lakers 4-2)

2. Denver vs 7. New Orleans (New Orleans 4-3)

3. San Antonio vs 6. Dallas (San Antonio 4-2)

4. Portland vs 5. Houston (Houston 4-2)

There my picks, whats everyone else think?

Playoffs start next week

East

1. Cleveland vs 8. Detriot (Cleveland 4-0)

2. Boston vs 7. Chicago (Boston 4-1)

3. Orlando vs 6. Philly (Orlando 4-1)

4. Atlanta vs 5. Miami (Miami 4-3)

West

1. Lakers vs 8. Utah (Lakers 4-2)

2. Denver vs 7. New Orleans (New Orleans 4-3)

3. San Antonio vs 6. Dallas (San Antonio 4-2)

4. Portland vs 5. Houston (Houston 4-2)

There my picks, whats everyone else think?

Lakers 4-0 Utah

Portland are my dark horses for this. I predict a Lakes v Portland final in the West.

Completely different sport, but do you guys have any decent links for websites showing the Stanley Cup at all?

Just noticed that five aren't showing any it seems this year, it appears that Setanta have the rights :@ despite the fact they clearly suck!

Edited by Hammond (Ankle)

Only just noticed that there's an NBA thread on here. Duh!

Any of you folks got a BuzzerBeater team, then?

Cant say i've heard of that before, just had a quick look. Looks pretty good, might have to partake when i get the chance. I'm in the usual espn fantasy league, took over the team bottom of the league just after half way through the season, managed to finish 13th (out of 22) so was pretty happy with that

• 2 weeks later...

Lakers 4-1 Utah so they have been sent packing as expected. Utah are a strong resilient disciplined team so Lakers went about it no-nonsense style.

Cleveland tore Detroit a new arsehole with a straightforward 4-0 demolishing. I watched the last game and Lebron had 36 points and 8 assists. Boston and Chicago are currently tied 2-2 so this is probably going to the wire - equally Orlando and Philly are also tied 2-2 thus far. Houston are leading 3-1 against Portland so my prediction that Portland being dark horses have gone straight out of the window lol

And Spurs are down 3-1 to the Mavericks so barring a miracle I can't see Spurs going through unfortunately. :(

Boston and Chicago are currently tied 2-2 so this is probably going to the wire - equally Orlando and Philly are also tied 2-2 thus far. Houston are leading 3-1 against Portland so my prediction that Portland being dark horses have gone straight out of the window lol

And Spurs are down 3-1 to the Mavericks so barring a miracle I can't see Spurs going through unfortunately. :(

I can see Boston pulling out the win in chicago later this week to wrap it up at 4-2, give them a day or two's extra rest. Rondo is just killing them all over, close to averaging a triple double

Orlando are gonna do the same with philly, as lewis seems to have found his stroke, and superman is just a complete freak of nature 24 and 24 last night, thats just wrong.

Portland pulled one back last night, and with houston being choke artists, i can see this one going the full distance, then its just a one off and whichever team comes to play takes it.

Bye bye spurs, 1st time they aint been passed the 1st round since 2000 (and that was only becuase timmy missed playoffs that year)

Miami-atlanta and denver-new orleans i can see going the distance as well. Wade wont be 100% fit, and i can see paul pulling out a huge game to make up for new orleans piss poor performance monday night