Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Just out of interest when the Thunder were formed, where did their players come from? Seattle? Free agents? Rookies?

I think they are all came from Seattle. I know Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant all used to play for Seattle before they moved to Oklahoma.

I think they are all came from Seattle. I know Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant all used to play for Seattle before they moved to Oklahoma.

Yes, it's the same franchise, just moved to OKC with a name and color change.

As part of the settlement of the lawsuit filed by the city of Seattle, if the NBA decide to start a new franchise in Seattle, they can use the SuperSonics's name and colors. That'll make things very confusing if it happens, as the original Sonics' players, history and titles are the property of the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The Sonics's move to OKC was disgusting and completely unnecessary. Their owners have no shame and have an insatiable lust for luxury boxes, and at least the courts made Seattle pay tens of millions of dollars back to the city for violating their KeyArena lease. I hope those guys get burned after gambling on moving their team to another metropolitan area with nearly 1/3 of the population of Seattle's.

I like D-Wade. My cousin met him in 2005 at Miami Airport and he is a genuine nice lad. She was surprised how easily approachable he was.

D-Wade has a great reputation around the league for being a good guy and cool to the fans. If I'm not mistaken, his big project is building houses for poor families, families with single moms, or something like that.

Edited by Jordan

So what happens if Seattle get a new team in town? What was motive for this move anyway? It isn't like the MK Dons/Wimbledon saga where Wimbledon were financial ****ed and their club was going down the drain. And Milton Keynes is city growing larger and larger thus the catchment area is sufficiently bigger than South London. Seattle's population is larger than Oklahoma's.

:dunno:

The whole seattle fiasco was a disgrace. They need to get a new team there, seattle deserves an nba team. The only problem is if they make another team it dilutes the current talent level even further than what it is at the minute. If they move a team there, then another city loses out. Either way just seems lose/lose to me.

D-Wade has a great reputation around the league for being a good guy and cool to the fans. If I'm not mistaken, his big project is building houses for poor families, families with single moms, or something like that.

Its good to see that money doesnt always turn people into complete arses. Have to say in my opinion nba players do seem to be some of the most generous athletes around.

I've picked a team at random.

Can anyone tell me if Houston are any good?

Pretty good yeah, among the best in the West.

Yao Ming and Mcgrady the stars I guess, and Artest.

Although i'm a sucker for Von Wafer.

Edited by lildave3

Just watched Cleveland beat the Pistons 79-73. Pistons are still pretty good defensively as ever. Equivalent to Gary Megson's West Brom.

Varejao Anderson is an absolute beast though. He was on fire

Pretty good yeah, among the best in the West.

Yao Ming and Mcgrady the stars I guess, and Artest.

Although i'm a sucker for Von Wafer.

I had ****ing high hopes for McGrady ever since he was at Toronto. :(

I'm also saddened to see people not talking about Vince Carter the way they used to. I remember being a massive fan of Carter.

Are you saying I'm not a massive black man?

Racist.

Who's the littlest guy that can jump the highest / furthest? That's me.

Nate Robinson actually got a good jump on him.

If you wanna be the smallest black man (apart from Zinedine P.orter) you can be Earl Boykins.