Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Although I was supporting the Celtics, I have to admit the Lakers deserved it. Even with Kobe not firing on all cylinders in the offence, he still ended up with 15 rebounds and the Lakers destroyed the Celtics on the boards. The Celtics played well in the first quarter of game 7 but then were outscored in the remainder of the game, and their field goal % dropped badly. Ron Artest stepped up to the plate for the Lakers and I think home court advantage played a big part in the end.

I can't wait to see who the Knicks will pick in the first round of the NBA draft tomorrow--they finished in the lottery, so this could be a big move.

Oh, wait--they gave that pick to the Phoenix Suns (who later gave it to the Utah Jazz) when they traded for STEPHON FVCKING MARBURY in TWO THOUSAND FVCKING FOUR. :frusty: Thank you, Isiah Thomas, you piece of shit.

If the Knicks don't sign either LeBron James or a Dwyane Wade/frontcourt star combination, then I'm... well, I'll probably just sigh deeply.

Edited by Jordan

I can't wait to see who the Knicks will pick in the first round of the NBA draft tomorrow--they finished in the lottery, so this could be a big move.

Oh, wait--they gave that pick to the Phoenix Suns (who later gave it to the Utah Jazz) when they traded for STEPHON FVCKING MARBURY in TWO THOUSAND FVCKING FOUR. :frusty: Thank you, Isiah Thomas, you piece of shit.

If the Knicks don't sign either LeBron James or a Dwyane Wade/frontcourt star combination, then I'm... well, I'll probably just sigh deeply.

lol

Looking forward to the draft, even though it's probably nothing exciting it'll be the first one i've ever been able to watch. What will be exciting though, is all the free agents moving around. Can't wait to see where LeBron etc end up, the Knicks have gone all out to sign a superstar so if they miss out on LeBron (which I think they will) it will be interesting to see who they turn to.

Btw, it the Clippers can pick up a half decent free agent then they could be a team to look for next year, providing Griffin is fit and lives upto his hype.

Wizards pick John Wall #1 overall--no surprise there. Easily one of the most talented point guards (if not the most talented) to hit the draft in recent years, but we'll see how long it takes him to be able to run an NBA offense. I'm not sure he'll be the next Iverson, but we'll just have to wait and see. Kentucky would have been absolutely nasty in college ball next year but it seems all of Wall's teammates last year have entered the draft.

Btw, it the Clippers can pick up a half decent free agent then they could be a team to look for next year, providing Griffin is fit and lives upto his hype.

I've heard that 1) the Clippers are showing lukewarm interest in jumping into the LeBron sweepstakes (more likely to settle for fighting for Wade) and 2) music mogul David Geffen is interested in buying the Clips. Fans of LA's "other" team had better hope there's truth to this and that Geffen moves quickly because current owner Donald Sterling is notoriously tight-fisted when elite free agents hit the market.

Does the free agent shinanigans start dead on July the 1st? I hope players move straight away and don't faff around for a month.

The contracts run out on July 1st yeah, not sure how much will actually happen on that day though. It seems like LeBron will have to make the first move, as soon as he goes then everything will kick off.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the free agent shinanigans start dead on July the 1st? I hope players move straight away and don't faff around for a month.

I'm pretty sure that free agents cant sign with any team until the 8th July

Oh, and pleased to see an English guy got drafted, even if he has been playing in Spain. He's younger than me :o

He has no hope of hell of making it the league, if he's remotely lucky he may play a few games in the D league but thats very doubtful.

ESPN is airing an hour-long special presentation tonight where LeBron James will announce live which team he's choosing.

And, with that, the NBA takes one step closer towards becoming dead to me. I have stopped caring about if LeBron will sign with the Knicks or not; I just want this shit to END ALREADY.

(Perhaps ESPN, too, but sometimes it's a necessary evil i.e. during the World Cup.)

ESPN is airing an hour-long special presentation tonight where LeBron James will announce live which team he's choosing.

And, with that, the NBA takes one step closer towards becoming dead to me. I have stopped caring about if LeBron will sign with the Knicks or not; I just want this shit to END ALREADY.

(Perhaps ESPN, too, but sometimes it's a necessary evil i.e. during the World Cup.)

He's staying in cleveland, he's isnt going to shit all over his home town state on national tv by leaving.

But your right, thankfully only another day ish left of the will he/wont he crap

The buzz that's taken over the media today has LeBron joining Wade and Bosh in Miami. I know those three discussed this option earlier, but this would still require perhaps Toronto doing a sign-and-trade deal to send Bosh to Miami so the Heat can clear cap space. This may also require one or more of the three to sign for less than the max salary and maybe even some clever arithmetic to stay under the salary cap.

...Or is this just part of a contrived false leak to create fake tension, knowing LeBron is really going to stay (or go to NY, or NJ, or Chicago...)

One thing's clear, though--despite the unprecedented level of talent in this year's free agent class, it's all about LeBron James--and LeBron James is doing everything he can to remind the country of this. Whether he's creating his own special one-off TV special, going on a prime-time Larry King interview during the Finals or discussing how cool it'd be to play in New York TWO SEASONS before his contract with Cleveland expired, James has done everything to steal the spotlight but win an NBA title.

Who won the 2010 Finals, anyway? Was in the Lakers? I think so, anyway... He, don't they have this guy named Kobe Bryant or something who's really good? Tall, plays the 2 or the 3, great at defense, I hear. How many rings does he have?

The buzz that's taken over the media today has LeBron joining Wade and Bosh in Miami. I know those three discussed this option earlier, but this would still require perhaps Toronto doing a sign-and-trade deal to send Bosh to Miami so the Heat can clear cap space. This may also require one or more of the three to sign for less than the max salary and maybe even some clever arithmetic to stay under the salary cap.

...Or is this just part of a contrived false leak to create fake tension, knowing LeBron is really going to stay (or go to NY, or NJ, or Chicago...)

One thing's clear, though--despite the unprecedented level of talent in this year's free agent class, it's all about LeBron James--and LeBron James is doing everything he can to remind the country of this. Whether he's creating his own special one-off TV special, going on a prime-time Larry King interview during the Finals or discussing how cool it'd be to play in New York TWO SEASONS before his contract with Cleveland expired, James has done everything to steal the spotlight but win an NBA title.

Who won the 2010 Finals, anyway? Was in the Lakers? I think so, anyway... He, don't they have this guy named Kobe Bryant or something who's really good? Tall, plays the 2 or the 3, great at defense, I hear. How many rings does he have?

kobe-hand-post.jpg

Or see my sig :ph34r:

:D

But anyway, I still can't get enough of this. Seems to be what i'm doing most atm, checking NBA.com or even bloody twitter just to see the latest. I keep changing my opinion, before it all started a few months ago I thought New York, and no way would he stay in Cleveland. Then I veered towards the Bulls (which still seems the most logical to me) and then all this about Miami Thrice came about. Then yesterday when I heard about Bosh and Wade I just suddenly thought it was nailed on that he was staying with the Cavs. Tbh, I hope he doesn't stay after all this, would be a huge anti-climax! Plus I want to see him rolling with another superstar, be it Rose or Wade/Bosh or even Stoudemire.

Pretty sure i'll be waking up at 2 to watch this, and yes, i'm fully aware that it's a mental thing to do. Especially when I could just sleep longer and find out on Sportscenter when I wake up anyway lol

Oh and btw...if those reports are true and he heads to the Heat, how ridiculous are they going to be next year?! Fair enough they'd have to fill out the rest of the roster with veterans and garbage but those three alone will bring some entertainment. Wow.

Edited by lildave3

Gonna be pretty tough to stop James, Wade and Bosh. Won't they have to make up the rest of their roster with minimum salaries though? Could be problematic if injuries hit.

Although Heat is the obvious moves for an immediate chance at success, a move to the Knicks would have been great. The chance to resurrect a struggling franchise in such a magnificent city, with a 99% chance of getting Carmelo Anthony in 2011 and teaming up with Stoudemire and David Lee. That could have been a great opportunity.

How bigtime are these going to be now. There will so much hype regarding every game they play. On the plus side I think it's going to boost the NBA in this country and everywhere else, over the past year i've thought there seems to be more interest and today just confirmed it with how much coverage LeBron has been getting.

But while all this is happening, Kobe and the Lakers will be quietly working their way to another threepeat :ph34r:

LeBron pussies out.

Amar'e Stoudemire will fall to a season per-game averages of 17.6 points and 7.4 rebounds, then, 47 games into the season (with the Knicks 20-27) he'll blow out his knee and we won't see him back on the court until 2012. Mike D'Antoni will be fired by then.

Well, at least this bullshit is over.

I hate basketball.