Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

• 3 weeks later...

That first dunk on Mosgov was ridiculous. But the Clippers really do suck. Shame really, I thought they might actually do decent this year. Got a few good young players so maybe they'll improve as time goes on. Then again it's the Clippers so probably not!

Btw, i'm loving Miami's 8-7 record atm :D

• Like 1

That first dunk on Mosgov was ridiculous. But the Clippers really do suck. Shame really, I thought they might actually do decent this year. Got a few good young players so maybe they'll improve as time goes on. Then again it's the Clippers so probably not!

Btw, i'm loving Miami's 8-7 record atm :D

As soon as Baron, and Kaman come back from injury they will start stringing a lot of wins together

And I'm loving the Raptors' four-game winning streak.

Were arguably the worst side in the entire league at the start of the season; now suddenly, following a 5-player deal, they look shit-hot.

Peja Stojakovic.:punk:

I think your forgetting about Minnesota

As soon as Baron, and Kaman come back from injury they will start stringing a lot of wins together

I think your forgetting about Minnesota

Maybe, but tbh I like the youth in their lineup while they're out!

Bledsode, Gordon, Aminu, Griffin, Jordan - don't think any of them are over 22.

And on the Timberwolves, even they seem to be improving. Beasley and Love, even Darko (:o) are putting up some pretty impressive numbers even if they aren't getting the wins.

Sixers are probably the worst right now.

Edited by lildave3
  • Like 1

Maybe, but tbh I like the youth in their lineup while they're out!

Bledsode, Gordon, Aminu, Griffin, Jordan - don't think any of them are over 22.

And on the Timberwolves, even they seem to be improving. Beasley and Love, even Darko (:o) are putting up some pretty impressive numbers even if they aren't getting the wins.

Sixers are probably the worst right now.

Can't work out the T Wolves, Beasley, Milicic and especially Kevin Love are padding out the stats but they keep getting turned over. Think they need some veteran leadership out there somewhere.

Really disappointed with the Bucks so far, hopefully Bogut can get fit and start producing and they'll get up to 0.500 easily enough.

Westbrook turning into an all star. Looking good for OKC considering Durant is nowhere near the top of his game yet.

• Like 1

MY BOYS!

Just watching that game now...not expecting to be happy with the result now though!

Can't work out the T Wolves, Beasley, Milicic and especially Kevin Love are padding out the stats but they keep getting turned over. Think they need some veteran leadership out there somewhere.

Really disappointed with the Bucks so far, hopefully Bogut can get fit and start producing and they'll get up to 0.500 easily enough.

Westbrook turning into an all star. Looking good for OKC considering Durant is nowhere near the top of his game yet.

Bucks haven't been great, still think they overachieved last year though.

And Westbrook has been outstanding, another brilliant point guard. They're everywhere you look this year!

Can't wait for tonight...LeBron going back to Cleveland :D Hoping for some fireworks!

• Like 1

:whistle:

Apparently security is mega tight for the Cleveland game. Threats and all sorts flying round online. It's gonna be awesome.

Seen it, 4 straight defeats for the Lakers now :/ Not good.

I know, can't wait. Can just see him dropping a trible double though <_< Be hilarious if they lose.

• Like 1

I was loving how they were calling Shane Battier cold blooded, he was immense, one of the nicest guys in the NBA too.

I have no idea where that last few minutes came from. Not a good result though, losing to a Rockets team without Brooks (I'm not mentioning Yao since he's a constant cripple).

The NBA forum I go on is ALL about LeBron right now, this is huge.

Edit - check this out lol'Like Father Like Son

Edited by lildave3

Those 3-8 Knicks are a distant memory--they've only gone on to win 8 of the next 9 and smacked the Hornets around in their own place last night. Superb second half, Amar'e Stoudamire is hitting his stride big time--playing center, too, because Turiaf is hurt.

Felton (perfect fit at PG for D'Antoni's fast-transition style), Fields (huge surprise, Eastern Conference rookie of the month in November), Gallinari (been inconsistent, but still has a sweet shot from distance), Chandler (developing into a great player)and Stoudemire ('nuff said) have all the makings of a great starting five. I'm still a little worried about the team's depth, though--Mozgov is not ready to be an NBA center and young forward Anthony Randolph looks like he's taking several steps backward this season, and Turiaf banged up his knee last week (plus everybody freaks out about him because he had heart surgery a few years back).

So, the Knicks are on a roll, but if Amar'e's 48-year-old knees for a 28-year-old body break down again, they're pretty much fvcked. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 1

Mozgov is awful on NBA 2K11, can't hit a shot even if the basket was placed directly in front of him - is he that bad in real life, too? But to be fair, he has some potential as a defensive rebounder.

Same goes for Curry, but the guy's currently on the inactive list, I see.

Also, the lack of depth in squad worries me a bit with the Knicks.

Chandler and Felton occasionally come up with a three (so does Gallinari), but what they have in defense, they sometimes lack in offense.

And you can't place all the pressure on Stoudemire alone all the time.

That four-game winning streak comes as a slight surprise, to be honest.

And beating the Raptors, too. Meh.<_<

Edited by Alex.

Even though Curry is apparently fit, the Knicks don't need him right now--especially now that Turiaf is back tonight. They could try giving Curry some minutes to shop around to a team that just needs a center for the rest of the season, but even short-term (Curry's deal, universally regarded as yet another dumbass Isiah move, expires this year), I'm not sure how many teams would be willing to deal for him. The only ways I can see a team dealing for Curry are if they want to free up salary cap room for next season and they have a player on an equally big contract for the next few seasons that they'd like to move. Even then, though, I think the Knicks would be more than happy to eat Curry's salary this year and have more room to make a bid for Carmelo Anthony in the summer (or trade for Chris Paul within the next year).

All these matters, of course, are subject to further complications if the league locks out the players after this season.

Turiaf's recovery and Azubuike's pending return from injury (perhaps this week) will ameliorate the Knicks' depth concerns.

Knicks and the aforementioned T'Wolves are playing an insane game now--Minnesota up 68-61 at halftime, Wolves are shooting over 60% from the field. Crazy. Kevin Love is shooting out the lights at the Garden, and Darko Milicic is back from the dead lol C'mon Knicks, don't let the winning streak end at the Timberwolves' hands...

Edited by Jordan