Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The Photography Thread

If you ever do go, go before Xmas when the Xmas markets are out in the park along Princes Street. It's bloody cold, but the mulled wine is usually good, and this time I tried mulled mead which is :wub:

I will bare that in mind, i had the chance of going but we ran out of time and only got about 30miles in to Scotland and being a bit of a Naive 17yr old i thought were in Scotland so there wont be much diffrence.

But that part of Scotland was very nice but if i was rich i would certaintly go there and to Dublin two places i really want to visit. With Germany rounding out my top 3

Was just about to ask if that's the witchery! My girlfriend is running the Edinburgh marathon in May so I'll make a booking this time, as last time we couldn't get in.

Carl booked it in August!! I recommend the rib eye steak.

I will bare that in mind, i had the chance of going but we ran out of time and only got about 30miles in to Scotland and being a bit of a Naive 17yr old i thought were in Scotland so there wont be much diffrence.

But that part of Scotland was very nice but if i was rich i would certaintly go there and to Dublin two places i really want to visit. With Germany rounding out my top 3

Did a tour a few years back. Stayed in Edinburgh, Inverness, Fort William (so we could walk up Ben Nevis) and Glasgow. It's such a beautiful country.

n522950363_16587_7870.jpg

An old one, Sandefjord, Norway (I have a better one at sunset but can't find it) July 05, with my Sony H1

really?

whereabouts, it doesn't look like the east coast, but if it is, i believe a day trip is in order!

really?

whereabouts, it doesn't look like the east coast, but if it is, i believe a day trip is in order!

Apologies, I just looked up the route I took and it is Sandane in Gloppen, not Sandefjord on the east coast. A really beautiful area, definitely reccommend it.

ooh, how did i miss this thread!

i can't be bothered to get my external hard drive set up, but really wanted to share some images as i have always loved taking photos...

to answer the suggestion that it is all about the camera i hope that these 2MP cell phone shots (unprocessed, also) can demonstrate that it is more about composition and subject....

so....

1. this was taken at Oslo Sentralstasjon very early on a winter morning, on the way to work.

Bilde010.jpg

2. this was in a small wood in a suburb in north oslo, on the way back from a flea market, shame about the graininess due to the low light...

Bilde008.jpg

3. just a snapshot thru a cafe window, i really liked the light and the reflections and all the different angles

Bilde046.jpg

4. travelling up on the train through holmestrand, i had this view on the way to work all summer, sadly the camera didn't do justice to the light but it did really offer up the scale of the view.

Bilde108.jpg

5. just a simple shot this, but i liked the contrast of the colour of the leaves against the stone.

Bilde115.jpg

hope you enjoyed these, i'll post more when the HD is plugged in...

Apologies, I just looked up the route I took and it is Sandane in Gloppen, not Sandefjord on the east coast. A really beautiful area, definitely reccommend it.

:thumbup: no worries, i have been to that neck of the woods (volda) and it is just breathtaking, i have some great shots from there actually...

Thanks, that really means a lot as your photos are really, really good.

It's a restaurant called "The Witchery". If you ever get the chance to eat there, do. It's on the Royal Mile, just outside the castle.

If you ever do go, go before Xmas when the Xmas markets are out in the park along Princes Street. It's bloody cold, but the mulled wine is usually good, and this time I tried mulled mead which is :wub:

It really means a lot to me when you say my work is good, because I am only just starting out.

I hope to get the chance to go there soon, I love different places like this.

Looks beautiful, I can imagine the food is top notch.

It really means a lot to me when you say my work is good, because I am only just starting out.

I hope to get the chance to go there soon, I love different places like this.

Looks beautiful, I can imagine the food is top notch.

The Witchery website.

Not cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for.

Good luck with the photography, not that you need it. :thumbup:

I like this alot n all.

What is it though ?

Whatever it is, its cool.

I took it at the Latitude Festival last year. It's a line of trees reflected into the lake, with the L-A-T-I-T-U-D-E lettering along the water's edge. I think it was sunrise... but could have been sunset... the whole event is a bit of a blur. :ph34r: And the lake had strange flower-type lights on it which are the weird looking blue objects. :D

Edited by anotherofwalshieswomen

I took it at the Latitude Festival last year. It's a line of trees reflected into the lake, with the L-A-T-I-T-U-D-E lettering along the water's edge. I think it was sunrise... but could have been sunset... the whole event is a bit of a blur. :ph34r: And the lake had strange flower-type lights on it which are the weird looking blue objects. :D

It's a great photo but unusual in colour.... almost seems over saturated.

Some pictures I took today at my family new year party.

Great again. From the colour effects I'm guessing you use a Canon? You really have the composure of portrait photos nailed down. Good stuff.

Some more polar bear shots from my Canada trip a few months ago:

n522950363_4611123_3183.jpg

n522950363_4611126_3885.jpg

n522950363_4611125_3643.jpg

Great again. From the colour effects I'm guessing you use a Canon? You really have the composure of portrait photos nailed down. Good stuff.

First of all let me say, I love those shots you have posted. I would love to get some like this. Excellent stuff.

It really means a lot to me when you say nice things about my Photo's, but to be honest, I really don't think I am that good, But I always tell myself this so I don't settle for what I am doing, I always strive to be better.

I love Photography and I am just learning more and more each day, I have only been doing it for 8 months now. It is a lot harder than people think, some people think you just press that button and it all comes together. As you know, that is not the case.

I think we have some very good amateur photographers here on FT.

:thumbup:

Edit: I don't use a Canon, I am using a Sony A300. All the colour popping I do is in Photoshop.

Edited by Nathko Darkervic

Edit: I don't use a Canon, I am using a Sony A300. All the colour popping I do is in Photoshop.

:thumbup:

My mate has a compact canon; it can do those colour effects on the screen. He went totally over the top using it but he was in the far east so got some interesting shots of locals in bright clothing etc.

It would be pretty cool to do this effect at a Leicester game.