Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Another Davies Thread - not a good one!

Incidentally with this business of not being able to loan him on long-term deal, you can quite easily get him for the rest of the season using the short-term loans.

The loan window re-opens on 9th Feb (7 days after window closes as per regs). Short-term "emergency loans" can either be 28 or 93 days. 93 days from 9th Feb takes you to 3rd May by my calculations, which is a day after your last league game.

Unless he is sold or loaned to a Championship team, he will most probably go back to you on another 28 day deal which could easily be extended to the full 93 days.

If he'd figured in Wolves' plans then he'd be there and not here while they sign other midfield players.

Sadly I agree with you on this. However the reason he stayed with you is that we had cup games coming up which he couldn't have played in so would only have been available for 2 or 3 games during that spell. Which is why we decided to leave him out with you playing football. He still needs to play more games to prove his long-term fitness so why leave him sitting at Wolves doing nothing? I think Wolves made the correct decision to be fair.

I'm fairy (not 100% mind) certain that we won't sell. It would not go down well at all with the fans. This is probably the reason for the press comment that came from nowhere stating we had offered a new contract. I expect if Davies leaves it will at the end of the season on a tribunal with the club telling the fans they did everything they could to keep him!

As for the Mattock comparison: yes Mattock has played a lot more football BUT my point was that I've read very very few complementary posts on this site about Mattock and so if those are a true reflection then quoting 10x as much as the bid for Davies is laughable. Personally i know very little about Mattock, just the usual "highly rated" stuff.

hello fairy :giggle:

i wouldn't take too much notice of what people post on here negatively, especially about certain players - believe me, there are moaners on here even with us at the top of the league---

All i can say is Mandaric needs to pull his finger out and make up for the rubbish he bought last season, personally think the guy is worth at least A million, just depends on what wolves valuation is? watch this space i guess.

A million? Only if he had proved his long term fitness and didn't have only 5 months left on his contract. He hasn't though!!!!!!!!!!! An England international with 5 months left just went for £3.5m.

There's no way we can warrant paying more than £500k taking this into account, Bolton can gamble that money but we can't.

Archived