Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Another Davies Thread - not a good one!

http://www.wolves.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=140318

The Daily Mail are claiming that Bolton Wanderers boss Gary Megson has made an audacious £650,000 bid for 20 year old Mark Davies, currently on loan to Leicester City,

It is no coincidence that former Wolves Academy boss Chris Evans is Megsons right hand man, and is best placed to give an asessment on his talents.

Once proclaimed the most skilllful player at the club by Glenn Hoddle, Mark has suffered an injury ravaged career since breaking into the first team during Wolves first season back in The Championship that has seen him sidelined for a vast majority of the ensuing years.

Currently turning heads as a temporary Fox, he is still a huge fans favourite, with most hoping for a return to first team action at Molineux when the loan expires at the end of the month.

But with his contract up in the summer, might the club be tempted to recoup a little of the cash invested in the former academy star who could walk away for a nominal fee in the summer?

We'd like to think not, and Mick McCarthy has always mainained he's part of his plans, but there has been little evidence of it in his team selections.

A goalscoring cameo in the League Cup being about it.

If the signing of Nigel Quashie caused uproar, the sale of Sparky is likely to send many fans into meltdown.

It would be a crying shame if Wolves never got to see the realisation of Sparky's potential before he flew the nest, particularly if that meant loisng him to Bolton.

Also on the Daily Mail. don't they usually get things right and how come they seem to get news on leicester transfers all the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490

Gary Megson has lined up a shock £650,000 raid on Wolves for midfielder Mark Davies. Bolton manager Megson is ready to poach Davies from Molineux after tabling a firm bid for the 20-year-old on Thursday night.

Davies is currently on loan at League One leaders Leicester City, who made a £300,000 bid earlier this week, but now he is bound for the Barclays Premier League.

So we made a £300k bid this week :dunno: I'm sure Wolves were impressed with that!!!

£300k is a bit of an insult to them though. I won't be surprised if they slammed the door on us.

Never knew we made a bid.

I didn't think you could play for more than two clubs in the same season? Or, is it transfer?
T

Dont think he's played at wolves this season. Not sure if there is a limit on how many clubs you can register for. Thats a different story.

I think I'd rather spend three years in a dark room with no air or water than play for Bolton.

If he was here now (and I can reveal exclusively that he isn't), I'd tell him to sign for us until the end of the season and then look at his options. Apart from the top 6, no-one's safe in the Prem - why dabble with any of them until the summer? He's only twenty years old. Plenty of time yet to do the stupid things in life like get married, get a driving ban, buy an ostrich farm, play for Bolton etc...

650,000?

I'd be gutted if he went to Bolton for that price because surely we can afford that, If we bid that and he choose's Bolton fair enough but if Wolves do accept 650,000 and he went i'd be very disappointed in the fact we have not offered to match (Slightly better perhaps) that offer at all.

Even if 650,000 is over our budget (And it would be breaking the bank to much I wouldn't have thought), within reason surely we could make acception seeing as we have seen he is proven.

Open your fooking wallet Mandy and get us out of this league you put us in!

Agreed but it's a bit late now. When you're considering whether you want to play against Manchester United or Stockport, how much of a ginger twat the manager is doesn't really come into it.

Archived