Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Another Davies Thread - not a good one!

Wolves won’t let Davies go cheaply

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has called for Bolton and Leicester to put up or shut up over bids for Mark Davies.

Davies, out of contract this summer, has reportedly attracted offers of £650,000 from the Reebok and £300,000 from the Foxes, where he is into his second month on loan.

Wolves have offered the 20-year-old a new deal, but, in the event of him leaving, any fee would be determined by a tribunal as he’s under 24.

McCarthy refused to confirm any bids, but suggested the level of fee being talked about was undervaluing Davies, the former England under-19s captain.

He said: “If someone wants him, then let them offer the right amount for him. We enquired about Joe Mattock in the summer and we were told the fee was £3m - and he’s played about 20 games.

“So how do we get from £3m for a young left-back who’s played 20 games to £300,000 one of our best young players.”

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has called for Bolton and Leicester to put up or shut up over bids for Mark Davies.

Davies, out of contract this summer, has reportedly attracted offers of £650,000 from the Reebok and £300,000 from the Foxes, where he is into his second month on loan.

Wolves have offered the 20-year-old a new deal, but, in the event of him leaving, any fee would be determined by a tribunal as he’s under 24.

McCarthy refused to confirm any bids, but suggested the level of fee being talked about was undervaluing Davies, the former England under-19s captain.

He said: “If someone wants him, then let them offer the right amount for him. We enquired about Joe Mattock in the summer and we were told the fee was £3m - and he’s played about 20 games.

“So how do we get from £3m for a young left-back who’s played 20 games to £300,000 one of our best young players.”

Mattock ---------->

<------------ Davies

Done.

A few things on the Davies front..

There's conflicting reports he's at Leicester or not at Leicester... You'd hope the Wolves website is the most accurate which says he is here. He's being offered a new contract at Wolves, meaning they are giving Megson the 2 fingers or trying to get more money for him.

I think if he's still with us he will be til the end of the season, Wolves are pleased with his progress so why harm that when he's 20 and injury prone..

Another point of view... We were strolling this league before he came, and will continue to do so if he's not with us.

What's that supposed to mean ?

Or are you back tracking a little ? :D

If someone posts on this board that Mandaric ought to get his cheque book out to buy a player to " get his own back on Megson" , how can anyone tell how serious it's meant :dunno:

So to clarify , are you being serious this time when you say ;

"Whatever the outcome of Pearson's managerial reign I'm very happy that we have someone credible at last managing the football side of the club. ?

Because surely you wouldn't be happy if the outcome were to be disasterous .

Who's fault would it be this time if it all ends in tears :D

I'm not back tracking but it is hard to determine the intent of a post.

As for my last post I think NP has already brought a fair amount of dignity back to the club and I'm optimistic enough to believe that it wont be disastrous with respect to what went before but I'm realistic enough to know that eventually he will leave, hopefully bribed away by a 'bigger' club dues to his phenomenal success but more likely because he's hit a brickwall in terms of progress.

A few things on the Davies front..

There's conflicting reports he's at Leicester or not at Leicester... You'd hope the Wolves website is the most accurate which says he is here. He's being offered a new contract at Wolves, meaning they are giving Megson the 2 fingers or trying to get more money for him.

I think if he's still with us he will be til the end of the season, Wolves are pleased with his progress so why harm that when he's 20 and injury prone..

Another point of view... We were strolling this league before he came, and will continue to do so if he's not with us.

We already have four under-23s on season long loans so we can't get him in for the rest of the season unless we keep doing emergency loan extensions.

Coincidently all this interest in him has arisen after a good game on sky.

Our offer is peanuts if we are serious about getting him we should really think about upping it to around 1.5 million, it would seriously pay off in the long run.

I'm not holding out much hope seeing him here past the end of the month though.

Balls to it, as I've said we were strolling this league before he came, and will continue to do so if he's not with us..

FFS.

We were winning games which is what counts. However with Davies in the team our midfield is twice as good as it previously was as he can cut through teams with ease at this level.

£300K is a joke of a bid and wasn't worth the fax (maybe) it was written on.

So how do we get from £3m for a young left-back who’s played 20 games to £300,000 one of our best young players.”

um, cause mattock hasn't been out injured for the last two years, and young english left backs are few and far between - seriously, how did that bloke ever get a job in footbal :rolleyes:

True, but did we really expect to keep him here? After seeing him twice I had that sinking feeling.

I'm not shocked by Bolton's approach, although I think he'd fit another premiership outfit better, who are potentially about to lose a good midfielder..

The point is, we were winning games before, he was never going to be here long term. We hardly have the pull in this league.

£300k is a sad sign of our predicament.. which is MM ain't going to spend in this league... top or not.

True, but did we really expect to keep him here? After seeing him twice I had that sinking feeling.

I'm not shocked by Bolton's approach, although I think he'd fit another premiership outfit better, who are potentially about to lose a good midfielder..

The point is, we were winning games before, he was never going to be here long term. We hardly have the pull in this league.

£300k is a sad sign of our predicament.. which is MM ain't going to spend in this league... top or not.

I agree Milan Mandaric has said he will back Pearson on transfers, he is undoubtedly worth more than 300k, and he is talent, probably our only creative midfielder, Pearson knows him well, if we can up our bid we've got a good chance of landing him, I can understand what Mick McCarthy is saying after what we quoted on him for Mattock (£3 million) in the summer, I wouldn't mind an exchange with some cash as well for Mattock, let's hope they can come to some agreement it would be sad to see Davies leave us!

I think we should get together a group of our best looking guys and gals off here and send them to McCarthy to have his way with.

In exchange for Davies.

Deal.

er, i'm washing my hair, that night... :unsure:

Oh dear, £300,000 is such a poor offer, wouldn't be surprised if Wolves completely stopped doing business with the club. Nice way of showing your intentions Milan. :rolleyes:

Before we start jumping all over this, perhaps we should take into account the possiblity that the offer is £300k upfront, with many addons and sell on clauses. This would not be unreasonable for a player who has had a lot of injuries. If Prem clubs want to take a punt not a lot we can do, but lets not condemn the club without all the facts based on some spin from Moxey.

Everybody seems to be getting a bit upset about this.

Mick is greedy for alluding to wanting 3m for Davies

Milan is tight for only offering 300k

It's called haggling.

If Milan thinks Davies is worth 1.5m, but Wolves would in relaity accept 1m, would you really want Milan to offer 1.5m up front?

Everybody seems to be getting a bit upset about this.

Mick is greedy for alluding to wanting 3m for Davies

Milan is tight for only offering 300k

It's called haggling.

If Milan thinks Davies is worth 1.5m, but Wolves would in relaity accept 1m, would you really want Milan to offer 1.5m up front?

I'm glad we have a new thread to discuss this. :thumbup:

Archived