Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Another Davies Thread - not a good one!

on both points, it's not quite that simple is it ?

Well of course it isn't, but if he wants to get back at Megson for walking out on him now is his chance, I'm sure he can afford it.

Agreed but it's a bit late now. When you're considering whether you want to play against Manchester United or Stockport, how much of a ginger twat the manager is doesn't really come into it.

playing man u next season can't be guaranteed at bolton or wolves, but knowing that he can walk into our side probably is.

with such uncertainties in life, and his contract up at the end of the season, a player of his obvious quality would be mad to sign for anyone before seeing who will be in which league - it's not impossible that all three clubs could be in the championship next season.

A little more encouraging. At least they don't want him to go to Bolton....

Jez Moxey on Davies

At the latest Fans Parliament, Wolves CEO Jez Moxey was forced to answer the question all Wolves fan are now asking themselves.

What's the situation with regard to Mark Davies?

And although it came a day before Bolton's derisory £650k insult, it does offer an insight into where he fits in with the grand scheme of things.

'It hasn't changed. He has been injured for a very long time and it's best for him to be out playing and he is doing very well at Leicester City.' he said, adding

'He has been here since 11 or 12 and we want him to be a Wolves player for a very long time.'

Familiar words that have been said before.

In fact remarkably similar to statements made before Sparky's last contract offer, that he was only to willing to accept.

After sticking by him through the bad times, it would be nice to think he will now repay the club by stcjing with them, hopefully, through the good.

I was hoping he would stay here permanent but I think he will be a part of Wolves plans in the near future.

One of the best loan signings we have ever made I think.

Oh no, wait a minute there was a certain Luigi Glombard who was dynamite when on loan here.

Putting things into perspective I dont think MM will get this right.

He pays a shit load of cash for someone like DEEJ, he is currently on loan in the CCC and he's been wank for us. Now we have the chance to sign a really really really promising central midfielder who Hoddle said was the most skillful player at Wolves and MM goes in with .............

£300k

Im suprised Moxley didn't get his nob out to that kind of offer.

Well of course it isn't, but if he wants to get back at Megson for walking out on him now is his chance, I'm sure he can afford it.

Creating a successful football club is not about "getting back" at ex managers. Sentiment and anger must be avoided and clear headed decisions must be made about all aspects of transfers in and out . And the other deciding factor will be what the player wants for himself . Mandy has no control whatsoever about this .

Sorry but i do think you are overly critical of Mandaric , the club is now on its way up and he should be taking some of the plaudits , after all , some of his decisions seem to be working now . There are many on here who wanted him to stick with Ollie , ( but I doubt if they will step forward and admit it now )

I dont think Wolves will sell to any other Birmingham club unless the offer was huge. I think he will be back up player for Wolves when their in the prem. If I was Davies I would rather come here, at least he would get regular football.

Edit: Oh wait. Bolton bid. er well there just crap!!!

Creating a successful football club is not about "getting back" at ex managers. Sentiment and anger must be avoided and clear headed decisions must be made about all aspects of transfers in and out . And the other deciding factor will be what the player wants for himself . Mandy has no control whatsoever about this .

Sorry but i do think you are overly critical of Mandaric , the club is now on its way up and he should be taking some of the plaudits , after all , some of his decisions seem to be working now . There are many on here who wanted him to stick with Ollie , ( but I doubt if they will step forward and admit it now )

I think you're taking my original and subsequent statements to seriously.

As for a serious statement on Mandaric I'll give him some plaudits when we're better off football wise than when he arrived. It was a mistake taking on Holloway in the first place and I made my views clear on that, that he subsequently didn't retain him after he was, in a big way responsible for our relegation doesn't warrant any praise at all in my view.

Whatever the outcome of Pearson's managerial reign I'm very happy that we have someone credible at last managing the football side of the club.

Wolves offer Davies contract

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~1530120,00.html

Doesnt really affect you other than hopefully stopping him going to Bolton.

MM doesn't sound too bothered whether he stays or not, I suspect it's to raise the bid levels

I think you're taking my original and subsequent statements to seriously.

As for a serious statement on Mandaric I'll give him some plaudits when we're better off football wise than when he arrived. It was a mistake taking on Holloway in the first place and I made my views clear on that, that he subsequently didn't retain him after he was, in a big way responsible for our relegation doesn't warrant any praise at all in my view.

Whatever the outcome of Pearson's managerial reign I'm very happy that we have someone credible at last managing the football side of the club.

What's that supposed to mean ?

Or are you back tracking a little ? :D

If someone posts on this board that Mandaric ought to get his cheque book out to buy a player to " get his own back on Megson" , how can anyone tell how serious it's meant :dunno:

So to clarify , are you being serious this time when you say ;

"Whatever the outcome of Pearson's managerial reign I'm very happy that we have someone credible at last managing the football side of the club. ?

Because surely you wouldn't be happy if the outcome were to be disasterous .

Who's fault would it be this time if it all ends in tears :D

Archived