Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Another Davies Thread - not a good one!

This is all bollocks! Knowitall said half an hour ago that there was no news regarding Davies.

Is the Daily Mail a reliable source when it comes to LCFC, Bolton & Wolves transfer dealings?

If the Bolton story is true, it is actually a very good offer for a player that they could pick up for a small fee at the end of the season through a tribunral. If this is true Wolves would offer a contract so that Davies would not leave for free!

Everybody seems to be getting a bit upset about this.

Mick is greedy for alluding to wanting 3m for Davies

Milan is tight for only offering 300k

It's called haggling.

If Milan thinks Davies is worth 1.5m, but Wolves would in relaity accept 1m, would you really want Milan to offer 1.5m up front?

Depends on whether you want the deal done or you want to risk being beaten on the blind side.

Since Davies joined you I've often read your comments and if they are fair and accurate then i can conclude that if you think Mattock is worth £3m then Davies would be worth £5m+!!

I don't really understand why people are getting angry that Mick has told you to shove your £300k where the sun doesnt shine!!

Since Davies joined you I've often read your comments and if they are fair and accurate then i can conclude that if you think Mattock is worth £3m then Davies would be worth £5m+!!

I don't really understand why people are getting angry that Mick has told you to shove your £300k where the sun doesnt shine!!

I'm not angry, it's a pathetic bid and Wolves have done the right thing in telling us where to go.

I don't see how that is possible? Possibe "golden" (awful taste) tinked specs? £300k or even £650K are decent offers for a player who has 6 months left to run on his contract. Mattock is not in that situation. Wolves have left it late with Davies probably because of his past injuries, and wanted to see how he coped with playing regularly again.

Mattock is a good player so is Davies, but don't come on here giving it the biggun and you know best or you will look as daft as the black country accent sounds :thumbup:

I agree with that.

Not with the £5m tho.

If we we really want him (bloody well hope we do!)

Then I think a £1M offer should be about right?

mandy has to dip in his pocket and sign him up for no more than £1m, hes not worth any more as he only has 6months left on his contract and has been a sick note for a while, or an exchange for mattock if not now at the end of the season with an extended loan till then.

To be honest, regardless of what Mattock is worth, I wuld suggest that most sensible leicester fans would realise that £300k is a joke of a bid for Davies.

Has this number actually ever been confirmed or was it just made-up by the press?

We've (the fans) got the best part of a month to show Davies how much he's appreciated and the same goes for NP. If Pearson bigs him up and assures him that he is really wanted at Leicester it's surely got to make a bit of difference, however small, in his feelings for our club because at the end of the day Davies holds all the cards. If he wants to stay at Wolves he'll sign a new contract, he doesn't know anything about Bolton and hopefully he'll have a good impression of Leicester. If he doesn't want to stay at Wolves he'll be out of contract in the summer and then we'll be able to snap him up. :fc:

Davies didn't have to come back to us - he returned to Wolves a fit and match-fit player firing on all cyclinders. If he'd figured in Wolves' plans then he'd be there and not here while they sign other midfield players.

He's leaving them (no matter how much of a fan he was) but whether he comes to us depends on whether he values those considerations which encouraged Fryatt to sign a new contract - and whether he remembers them while he runs around with the Wolves reserves.

It'd be a crying shame if he didn't stay but I can't see other people let it happen unless Milan opens his pocket (which, if he did, would probably cancel out all the shit he created when he came here and sank us).

Davies didn't have to come back to us - he returned to Wolves a fit and match-fit player firing on all cyclinders. If he'd figured in Wolves' plans then he'd be there and not here while they sign other midfield players.

He's leaving them (no matter how much of a fan he was) but whether he comes to us depends on whether he values those considerations which encouraged Fryatt to sign a new contract - and whether he remembers them while he runs around with the Wolves reserves.

It'd be a crying shame if he didn't stay but I can't see other people let it happen unless Milan opens his pocket (which, if he did, would probably cancel out all the shit he created when he came here and sank us).

I would have to agree that unless a player is being very successful at a club, if his contract is running low then he will opt for a move either for more football, success or more money.

Heskey is moving for success, Bullard for Money, but Fryatt stayed as he is successful at present (and prob money). I can't think of many examples of players who have signed after the -6months period left of their contract is left to run.

Davies is not part of their plans, McCarthy almost says such in the statement on Wolves website. The contract offer is to protect their investment in Davies. It is a gesture to follow procedure under the current football rules for players under 24.

Weather Davies comes to Leicester depends on his patience to see if we do gain promotion, however possible it looks at present it is not guaranteed! If a "big" club like Barnsley or such :rolleyes: come calling with their guranteed 1st team football and Championship football next season who knows what decision Davies could make? It is up to Leicester to show their ambition if they do rate him as highly as much as the fans currently do.........

McCarthy is a numpty for comparing Mattock and Davies. Joe Mattock has played 50 games for us now and has represented England at U21 level. Davies, on the other hand, has been injured for 2 years and is only now starting to show his worth.

Regardless if we match Bolton transfer fee, we won't be able to compete with them in terms of wages. Personally, I think Davies will wait till the end of the season and consider his options. If we get promoted [fingers crossed] then I believe we're in a strong position to get him.

McCarthy is a numpty for comparing Mattock and Davies. Joe Mattock has played 50 games for us now and has represented England at U21 level. Davies, on the other hand, has been injured for 2 years and is only now starting to show his worth.

Maybe, but Mandaric has really shot himself in the foot by quoting them £3million for Mattock, and then 6 months later bidding £300,000 for Davies. Not in a million years is Mattock 10 times the worth of Davies.

Maybe, but Mandaric has really shot himself in the foot by quoting them £3million for Mattock, and then 6 months later bidding £300,000 for Davies. Not in a million years is Mattock 10 times the worth of Davies.

For an injury plagued kid who has missed 2 years of football and his out of contract, I'd say £500k is a good starting price. I don't understand. Should Mandaric have offered 1 million quid for Davies considering he's a) out of contract soon and b) have only played 10 games in two years.

For an injury plagued kid who has missed 2 years of football and his out of contract, I'd say £500k is a good starting price. I don't understand. Should Mandaric have offered 1 million quid for Davies considering he's a) out of contract soon and b) have only played 10 games in two years.

Kareem is to posting as Davies is to midfield dynamics.

goald, do you know what price, roughly, Wolves value Davies at?

I'm fairy (not 100% mind) certain that we won't sell. It would not go down well at all with the fans. This is probably the reason for the press comment that came from nowhere stating we had offered a new contract. I expect if Davies leaves it will at the end of the season on a tribunal with the club telling the fans they did everything they could to keep him!

As for the Mattock comparison: yes Mattock has played a lot more football BUT my point was that I've read very very few complementary posts on this site about Mattock and so if those are a true reflection then quoting 10x as much as the bid for Davies is laughable. Personally i know very little about Mattock, just the usual "highly rated" stuff.

Archived