Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Loan Watch

I've had a quick look for thread but couldn't find anything (I know there is a DJ to Blackpool thread fo sho but couldn't find it) so appologise if it has been posted but DJ Campbell scores again for Blackpool (2 in 2) and Nicky Adams scored for Rochdale (1 in 1).

His men were second best to everything in the first half and nobody impressed more for Blackpool than Campbell.

The diminutive striker, who spent 18 months at St Andrew's between January 2006 and July 2007, is on loan at Blackpool from League One leaders Leicester until the end of the season.

Having scored on his debut for the Seasiders in last weekend's 2-1 defeat at Coventry, Campbell was on the mark again for his new club with a 13th-minute header.

because he was crap for us sorry but he was :thumbup:

He was never once given a run in the team, whether due to his fitness or to others being better favoured.

Blackpool must be giggling at the fact that we've not thought him good enough even for the bench.

Indeed it was interesting in the programme that Kingy referred to "good players" who cannot get on our bench, reference, no doubt to his former team-mates Gradel and Porter but it could as easily have included the now farmed out DJ.

Yes, I know Gradel was back on the bench today but he wasn't at Yeovil and Kingy's comments would have been made before yesterday's team selection.

He was never once given a run in the team, whether due to his fitness or to others being better favoured.

Blackpool must be giggling at the fact that we've not thought him good enough even for the bench.

Indeed it was interesting in the programme that Kingy referred to "good players" who cannot get on our bench, reference, no doubt to his former team-mates Gradel and Porter but it could as easily have included the now farmed out DJ.

Yes, I know Gradel was back on the bench today but he wasn't at Yeovil and Kingy's comments would have been made before yesterday's team selection.

when you're 9 points clear at the top of the league, who could possibly complain?

when you're 9 points clear at the top of the league, who could possibly complain?

We've achieved nothing of consequence yet except to give ourselves an odds-on chance of returning to where we were last season.

And even if we were 20 points clear I would still be looking to improve the team so that, hopefully, we wouldn't have to have a total upheaval again next season.

And why ever Dickov has been ahead of DJ from day one remains a mystery to me, unless some promises were made. And that comes from a former Dickov fan.

If DJ can score goals in the Championship he's got to have been a better bet than a seemingly fast-fading old timer.

And why ever Dickov has been ahead of DJ from day one remains a mystery to me

Why?

Because Campbell has been on a permasulk since Allen got sacked and did nothing when given the chance to prove himself.

Why is Dickov ahead of Chambers is a much bigger mystery to me. Young, energetic, talented and needing experience compared to a slow (physically and mentally) old player. Someone explain that one to me? :dunno:

Why?

Because Campbell has been on a permasulk since Allen got sacked and did nothing when given the chance to prove himself.

Why is Dickov ahead of Chambers is a much bigger mystery to me. Young, energetic, talented and needing experience compared to a slow (physically and mentally) old player. Someone explain that one to me? :dunno:

He didn't look like he was sulking pre-season. I may be wrong but I think his time at Leicester has been tempered by what happened with his injury last season.

He wasn't happy about that and has never seemed to be flavour of the month since. I can't really say more.

As for Chambers he'll go the way of others. By the time he gets any match time he'll have lost his sharpness. All we seem to do with our young players now (King excepted) is sit em in the stands or on the bench.

Our lack of relevant alternative football is just as much a drawback as it was two seasons ago when the same thing happened. The kids will still, doubtless, be pleased to feel that they are in the manager's eye but getting so little football at this stage of their careers is no good to them at all.

Gradel, Porter, Odhiambo, Cox, Beswick, Chambers, McKay? Have any of them progressed here since the new management arrived?

Only a couple of them have been given the sniff of a chance much less any worthwhile football of late.

Dickovs been a hopeless signing really, 1 goal and even that was from the spot. I think someone like Liam Dickinson on loan would do the trick, but not sure if that would mean having to drop one of the current loanees from the first team squad.

He didn't look like he was sulking pre-season. I may be wrong but I think his time at Leicester has been tempered by what happened with his injury last season.

He wasn't happy about that and has never seemed to be flavour of the month since. I can't really say more.

As for Chambers he'll go the way of others. By the time he gets any match time he'll have lost his sharpness. All we seem to do with our young players now (King excepted) is sit em in the stands or on the bench.

Our lack of relevant alternative football is just as much a drawback as it was two seasons ago when the same thing happened. The kids will still, doubtless, be pleased to feel that they are in the manager's eye but getting so little football at this stage of their careers is no good to them at all.

Gradel, Porter, Odhiambo, Cox, Beswick, Chambers, McKay? Have any of them progressed here since the new management arrived?

Only a couple of them have been given the sniff of a chance much less any worthwhile football of late.

So who would you take out of the current starting 11 to replace with Beswick or McKay? I don't see how you can be upset we're not 'blooding' new players when our record is as it stands at the moment?! If the team is playing well, why drastically alter it merely to accommodate young, inexperienced players? I strongly believe that next season, Chambers will be challenging for a starting place but at the moment, why upset the proverbial apple cart? Take the Hudds match yesterday, would you have stuck Odhiambo or McKay up front? If Beswick or Cox were currently with us, would you have stuck them in to a side that was creaking against a spirited Hudds attack? Probably not. Give the kids time, Chambers especially will be a leading star, but right now, why alter a winning formula?

Why?

TBH I'm looking for a excuse and explanation but I still think there is a clause in Dickov's contract saying when fit he must feature in the match at some point, even if it is just a couple of minutes as a sub. Not sure he has played whenever fit or on the bench but i'd say he hasn't missed many chances of featuring when on the bench.

And I still say it was a Milan signing not a Pearson signing.

So who would you take out of the current starting 11 to replace with Beswick or McKay? I don't see how you can be upset we're not 'blooding' new players when our record is as it stands at the moment?! If the team is playing well, why drastically alter it merely to accommodate young, inexperienced players? I strongly believe that next season, Chambers will be challenging for a starting place but at the moment, why upset the proverbial apple cart? Take the Hudds match yesterday, would you have stuck Odhiambo or McKay up front? If Beswick or Cox were currently with us, would you have stuck them in to a side that was creaking against a spirited Hudds attack? Probably not. Give the kids time, Chambers especially will be a leading star, but right now, why alter a winning formula?

No-one.

But I'd have made sure they were placed to get some football from day one of the season and if we didn't have any suitable I'd make sure they were sent away to a club where they would get some.

I would also be swift to release anyone who was not going to make it.

Beswick has just gone on loan. Six months into the season. Cox the same. Odhiambo went a few weeks back. Chambers has hardly played at all and Porter the same. Gradel had a couple of months and has then been virtually idle and I've no idea what's happened to McKay.

Alex Ferguson seems to find the opportunity to blood young players and United have played well for season after season. Apart from King and a little exposure for Gradel we've blooded no-one and that's fair enough if Pearson thinks there's no justification for it. But if that's the case, get them playing somewhere else but not when the season's half over. I just don't see the sense in it.

This is not about upsetting an apple cart. It's about looking ahead. If young players aren't up to it get rid but if they are you have to show faith sometime. Ferguson wins lmost every week but that doesn't stop him playing some younger lads, even against Spurs in the FA Cup because he's always looking at the future and the bigger picture.

In fact the BEST time to blood emerging talent is when the side is confident and winning football matches.

Take yesterday. Our fourth goals came with 20 minutes left. There was no way back for Huddersfield.

I'd have seen no point using Dickov or any other veteran but it was the perfect time to give someone like Gradel, Porter (had he been chosen) or Chambers some match time. We didn't. At a time when we are crying out for alternative forwards should someone get injured we wasted the chance to offer any of those three some vital involvement.

Pearson might say what if they'd come back like Brighton did? Ferguson could say that any time. But it's not even as if we don't have a point or two to play with or as if there's any evidence to suggest our fringe players would let us down anyway. Hell, Gradel even scored last time out. And if that lifted his confidence I bet it's right back down on the deck by now.

I agree with what's been said in that Chambers should be given more of a chance, rather than Dickov.

In my opinion Campbell, despite what he's doing at Blackpool, has never looked interested when given the opportunities, been offside at every possible attempt and has generally been a waste of money. I don't particularly want him back here.

I agree with what's been said in that Chambers should be given more of a chance, rather than Dickov.

In my opinion Campbell, despite what he's doing at Blackpool, has never looked interested when given the opportunities, been offside at every possible attempt and has generally been a waste of money. I don't particularly want him back here.

If DJ had played more often and with people who can deliver a fast, accurate pass which has rarely been the case, then maybe his speed off the back line could have been turned into an advantage. We never tried.

I've heard that every player has been set an optimum fitness level they must meet in order to play for the team, and DJ was always below it.

So for the sake of some doubtless questionable scientific theory you'd sideline our quickest attacker.

How did Edworthy and Hobbs get on in the speed part of these fitness tests and how did Dickov do in the durability part?

No-one.

But I'd have made sure they were placed to get some football from day one of the season and if we didn't have any suitable I'd make sure they were sent away to a club where they would get some.

I would also be swift to release anyone who was not going to make it.

Beswick has just gone on loan. Six months into the season. Cox the same. Odhiambo went a few weeks back. Chambers has hardly played at all and Porter the same. Gradel had a couple of months and has then been virtually idle and I've no idea what's happened to McKay.

Alex Ferguson seems to find the opportunity to blood young players and United have played well for season after season. Apart from King and a little exposure for Gradel we've blooded no-one and that's fair enough if Pearson thinks there's no justification for it. But if that's the case, get them playing somewhere else but not when the season's half over. I just don't see the sense in it.

This is not about upsetting an apple cart. It's about looking ahead. If young players aren't up to it get rid but if they are you have to show faith sometime. Ferguson wins lmost every week but that doesn't stop him playing some younger lads, even against Spurs in the FA Cup because he's always looking at the future and the bigger picture.

In fact the BEST time to blood emerging talent is when the side is confident and winning football matches.

Take yesterday. Our fourth goals came with 20 minutes left. There was no way back for Huddersfield.

I'd have seen no point using Dickov or any other veteran but it was the perfect time to give someone like Gradel, Porter (had he been chosen) or Chambers some match time. We didn't. At a time when we are crying out for alternative forwards should someone get injured we wasted the chance to offer any of those three some vital involvement.

Pearson might say what if they'd come back like Brighton did? Ferguson could say that any time. But it's not even as if we don't have a point or two to play with or as if there's any evidence to suggest our fringe players would let us down anyway. Hell, Gradel even scored last time out. And if that lifted his confidence I bet it's right back down on the deck by now.

hang on a minute, wasnt it you who was berating the fact we were loaning young players out?

make your mind up.

He's better and more of a threat that Paul "My legs are gone, so if I can't get near a player I will swing my leg out and take them down" Dickov.

lol

I think we need to bring in a striker.

We can't just use Howard, Fryatt & Chambers.

Dickov is shit.

So for the sake of some doubtless questionable scientific theory you'd sideline our quickest attacker.

How did Edworthy and Hobbs get on in the speed part of these fitness tests and how did Dickov do in the durability part?

what have i got to do with it?

hang on a minute, wasnt it you who was berating the fact we were loaning young players out?

make your mind up.

I've got no problem with us loaning young players out in the circumstances of this season when we seem to have no alternative way of getting them proper games.

But I cannot see the wisdom of waiting half a season to do it nor can I see the point in sending anyone anywhere if they're not going to play, as happened with Odhiambo on various occasions.

Whether it is here or anywhere else young players need to be getting match time and developing their skills and their careers.That doesn't mean they should be included every week.

They might need time to work on improving certain aspects of their game between times, to familiarise themselves with the team's style of play and the personnel within that team and they may need proper rest to ensure that niggling injuries from one game have cleared up properly and they may need toughening up.

But keeping them out of worthwhile football for weeks on end is not my idea of treating potentially decent players fairly. How can anyone stay match sharp in those circumstances?

Archived