Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Loan Watch

I'm pleased that Adams could potentially get a decent run of games under his belt in this loan spell.

There's something about him I like, even if he hasn't exactly set the world alight since his arrival. Just hope he gets some confidence back and returns ready to fight for a place in the first team.

Dickovs been a hopeless signing really, 1 goal and even that was from the spot. I think someone like Liam Dickinson on loan would do the trick, but not sure if that would mean having to drop one of the current loanees from the first team squad.

Good shout i wouldnt mind him, think hes on loan to Blackpool isn't he?

i agree the signing of dickov was not the best and the same with dj but as for playing the youngsters they should of been played in the jpt and other cups and if they can make the bench give them a run around with 20 min or so to go like yesterday where theres no fight back from the opposition, but as for a starting place in the team it a case of.... if its not broke why fix it

Why?

Because Campbell has been on a permasulk since Allen got sacked and did nothing when given the chance to prove himself.

Why is Dickov ahead of Chambers is a much bigger mystery to me. Young, energetic, talented and needing experience compared to a slow (physically and mentally) old player. Someone explain that one to me? :dunno:

c0mments are spot on Campbell was in excellent form the few games Allen was in charge and Ashley Chambers must be a better bet than Dickov although he scored well when on loan to Blacpool in the championship last year

it can only be a good thing that he's scoring because it will remind other championship clubs of him, and we can maybe sell him for a reasonable fee. i don't think we should be bothered about him scoring for blackpool when he could be for us, it was clearly never going to happen for him here. It's probably more a psychological thing than a fitness thing anyway, but who knows.

it can only be a good thing that he's scoring because it will remind other championship clubs of him, and we can maybe sell him for a reasonable fee. i don't think we should be bothered about him scoring for blackpool when he could be for us, it was clearly never going to happen for him here. It's probably more a psychological thing than a fitness thing anyway, but who knows.

Yeah I'm with you on this one. I don't think DJ has ever looked like making it happen here, and like Chromophobia says, we might get a decent fee for him when the inevitable happens and he moves on elsewhere (hopefully). I hope he does well wherever he goes, I just don't think Leicester are the right club for him.

As for Chambers he'll go the way of others. By the time he gets any match time he'll have lost his sharpness. All we seem to do with our young players now (King excepted) is sit em in the stands or on the bench.

todays team...

martin 22

mattock 19

morrison 20

hobbs 21

gilbert 21

dyer 25

cleverley 19

king 21

oakley 30

howard 31

fryatt 23

All we seem to do with our young players is build our squad full of them. Todays average age was 23. Some people will never be happy!

todays team...

martin 22

mattock 19

morrison 20

hobbs 21

gilbert 21

dyer 25

cleverley 19

king 21

oakley 30

howard 31

fryatt 23

All we seem to do with our young players is build our squad full of them. Todays average age was 23. Some people will never be happy!

Fair play to Nige. :D:thumbup: It would seem that for all the recent success the Academy have had, it has not produced enough players that Nige wants to play. Moreover out of all the recent managers he is the one manager prepared to play a young side and make a success of it.

It would seem to me that the quality of the players going through the Academy is the key issue here. :unsure:

Fair play to Nige. :D:thumbup: It would seem that for all the recent success the Academy have had, it has not produced enough players that Nige wants to play. Moreover out of all the recent managers he is the one manager prepared to play a young side and make a success of it.

It would seem to me that the quality of the players going through the Academy is the key issue here. :unsure:

absolutely. the youngsters coming through obviously arn't quite up to it at the moment. It is ridiculous to say that our youngsters won't be given a chance, given the age of the current team.

Those youngsters were good enough to win an Academy league title a couple of seasons ago.

So I'm surprised that only Andy King has made the step up to a regular first-team place (and even he has been inconsistent).

Perhaps the turmoil at the club caused by frequent changes of manager set their development back a little bit.

Good shout i wouldnt mind him, think he's on loan to Blackpool isn't he?

No, Dickinson's back at Derby now.

I think he's got the quality to play at Championship level (once he sorts out some off-field attitude issues), but there is no way that Pearson will risk disturbing the Howard-Fryatt partnership at this stage of the season.

Those youngsters were good enough to win an Academy league title a couple of seasons ago.

So I'm surprised that only Andy King has made the step up to a regular first-team place (and even he has been inconsistent).

Perhaps the turmoil at the club caused by frequent changes of manager set their development back a little bit.

it isn't the job of the academy to win things its simply there to produce players capable of playing for the 1st team, I couldn't give a shit if they lost every game they play so long as every year they produce 2-3 players they break into the 1st team set up, not necessarily playing every week but getting involved.

this season no-one that hasn't already become a part of the 1st team set up has done so, except for Craig King's 45 mins in the paint pot cup and being unused the next league game and you could say the 2 young keepers but they have been training with the full squad since last season, I'm not sure of the ages of the current U18's side so maybe we are just having to wait a year until the new crop flourish but I doubt it.

Since Piper only King and Stearman have established themselves in the 1st team, Mattock is in and out, Weso/Porter?Chambers the same due to injuries, Logan leaving is just a matter of time really and Sheehan wasn't good enough despite whatever Thracian says and Gradel isn't even on the bench half the time.

so you could argue that although the academy has done well on the field in its true role its not doing what it should be

Archived