Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tilley

Paul Dickov.

Yep, hes been playing very poor off late.

He dosen't work well with the other striker he plays with. In his day he was good with a player that could win one in the air, then Dickov would use his pace to run on to the ball or chase lost causes. We don't see that.

I can't understand why Chambers wasn't given a start today, maybe not come on as we need someone physical up there. Don't want to see him play again for us to be honest.

A player now living on his past. Time to sell.

I would like to see more of Ashley Chambers. No doubt he'll get his chance.

That said, Barry's appearence tonight was class. Not only did he contribute more in his brief spell than Dickov, he got the crowd going.

Barry, Barry, Barry....

Of late?

Tell me which game I was too pissed at this season where I totally missed a decent performance from him? :dunno:

He is shite. Although he played OKAY in the Fulham cup game, however so did Gradel and he's as useful as a dog.

Of late?

Tell me which game I was too pissed at this season where I totally missed a decent performance from him? :dunno:

He hasn't done anything at all to say hes done well bar a goal against Fulham. He was poor at the start of the season and since hes been back from that injury he had hes been dreadful.

He may well be past it but what annoyed me is he barely looked interested tonight

Would far rather see Chambers

and then when he was rightly subbed, 15 mins too late, Hayles comes on!! struggled to understand that one

It was a strange one and I would have preferred Chambers on but the game did change slightly (for the good) when Hayles come on.

It was a strange one and I would have preferred Chambers on but the game did change slightly (for the good) when Hayles come on.

Accepted

the game needed Chambers and Gradel on (for Cleverley, when he was pushed wide) though, pace. Perhaps at the back of his mind NP was considering a point won better than all out attack to get the win and risk losing on the counter

For gods sake! It was obvious why Hayles came on. We looked to see if we could win something in the air as that was all we had long balls.

He came on and did a fook load more then Dickov did all game, fair play to him.

Accepted

the game needed Chambers and Gradel on (for Cleverley, when he was pushed wide) though, pace. Perhaps at the back of his mind NP was considering a point won better than all out attack to get the win and risk losing on the counter

Lloyd Dyer was the worst of the midfield and should of been the 1 hauled off

Tonight showed how much we rely on big steve!

Absolutely agree.

Missed big steve badly ....

Dickov completely passed it ...... at least he didn't fulfil the other half to my draw prediction which was him to be sent of in the first 20 mins!!!

Thought Hayles really lifted things and must have stepped in front of Dickov in the striker order.

Since the club is so clearly keen to help ex-managers in need, maybe we can leave him on loan at Brighton for the rest of the season.

That would give both him and Adams the chance to relive past glories.

I disagree with the criticism. He never had any really service; he came deep to get the ball and passed the ball well in the first half. He also put in a good crosses.

I think it was more to do with the fact we missed our target man and the likes of Cleverely & Dyer were woeful.

I think once people have an opinion they never change it and that goes with Dickov.

I thought Dickov runs and puts in a good shift, he is a bit part player who had no service, given a chance with Howard I can forsee goals, we will never know.

But the criticism to him is IMO unbelievable.

Absolutely agree.

Missed big steve badly ....

Dickov completely passed it ...... at least he didn't fulfil the other half to my draw prediction which was him to be sent of in the first 20 mins!!!

Thought Hayles really lifted things and must have stepped in front of Dickov in the striker order.

But what's the point? He didn't look to me as if he had 30 minutes in him never mind 90. Is there any chance he'll be part of our set-up next season? I'd seriously doubt it. So, surely the last 20 minutes or so would be best used bringing on players who might be.

Truth is we desperately need another striker. Pearson demonstrated today that while he occasionally involves the odd home produced youngster he doesn't really have faith in them. As I've mentioned before there's not one young fringe player bar King who seems to have progressed this season.

Gradel? Chambers? Both had the pace and cleverness that might have made something happen tonight but instead we elected to continue on our pedestrian way and yes another opportunity to involve these talented players was lost.

But what's the point? He didn't look to me as if he had 30 minutes in him never mind 90. Isd there any chance he'll be part of our set-up next season? I'd seriously doubt it. So, surely the last 20 minutes or so would be best used bringing on players who might be.

Truth is we desperately need another striker. Pearson demonstrated today that while he occasionally involves the odd youngster he doesn't really have faith in them. As I've mentioned before there's not one young fringe player bar King who seems to have progressed this season.

Gradel? Chambers? Both had the pace and cleverness that might have made something happen tonight but instead we elected to continue on our pedestrian way and yes another opportunity to involve these talented players was lost.

I agree on the chambers and gradel front - would love to have seen them used tonight ... and thought that we would have seen them too.

I wasn't very clear on my dickov point - i thought he'd be sent off for two idiotic fouls within 20 minutes of starting .... and that with 10 men we'd limp home to a draw. For me he didn't warrant his place at all .... but hopefully NP can now see that for himself .... to be fair i think he will and that's the last we see of dickov for a while ..... although i think his replacement as number 3 striker is going to be Hayles and not chambers (which i'd like to see as well)..

But what's the point? He didn't look to me as if he had 30 minutes in him never mind 90. Isd there any chance he'll be part of our set-up next season? I'd seriously doubt it. So, surely the last 20 minutes or so would be best used bringing on players who might be.

Truth is we desperately need another striker. Pearson demonstrated today that while he occasionally involves the odd youngster he doesn't really have faith in them. As I've mentioned before there's not one young fringe player bar King who seems to have progressed this season.

Couldn't agree with that point though mate ..... Morrison, Martin, Davies, King, Hobbs, all in his first choice 11 - and none of them over 21 are they????

Couldn't agree with that point though mate ..... Morrison, Martin, Davies, King, Hobbs, all in his first choice 11 - and none of them over 21 are they????

But Davies has gone!

And the jury's still out on whether Cleverley will prove to be an adequate replacement.

You just owned Thracian!

Not at all. I'm not talking about loanees.

I mentioned pre-season that we'd come to rely on loanees and that is increasingly the case. Thankfully, this season's have been reletively good. But the point still remains that the more loanees we use the less opportunity there is for our signed players and, particularly the young ones to develop.

It's a policy which means we have to build an all-but completely new team each season - almost as if it is policy - instead of gathering a basic team together and then adding a couple of home grown players here and a new signing there as a gradual progression.

Archived