Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Are you glad we got relegated?

Seriously.

This season could be a blessing in disguise.

agree that being in this leahue is nothing to shout about.

However we needed to take a step back to move forward.

We'd clearly got into a big deep hole and being in the CChip was increasingly difficult to be competitive.

The Club were still living in the halcyon days of MON and that perhaps was the hardest thing to shake out of.

The fans this season have shown alot of pride and enthusiasm and IF we do get promotion it will be interesting to see how the younger players and management team deal with players who finally have a winning mentality,fans who have their hunger back and having a manager who has actually lasted the whole season(IF he doenst get the sack by then!)

However IF we do continue strugling again in the CChip then this season has been a fcuking waste!!! :D

I posted something similar in the summer, I think it was in response to your thread Fez, when you were near the dugout pre-season.

Basically, to sum; I thought at the time it was a blessing in disguise that we were relegated, and whilst no one liked the fact that we were facing relegation to the 3rd tear of English football for the first times in our history, the fact must remain that for 5 or so years we have been on a downward spiral, we have had no confidence at all, we have gone from manager to manager, and to gain some stability and, indeed confidence, we have needed this season, we have needed it maybe since O'Neill left.

I am sure the current lads we have in the squad will agree that they don't want to be playing in this division any longer, they don't want the extra games, and whilst promotion is in the forefront of their minds, I am sure Pearson will have their feet firmly on the ground.

Am I glad we got relegated last year? No.

But what I can say is that we've learnt from it and the same mistakes won't be made again. We've fought hard in this division and had a good time so far which is always nice and hopefully it'll act as a good morale boost if we end up in the Championship next year. It is a sort of blessing in disguise as it's allowed us to rebuild and bring together a proper team with a togetherness which hasn't been there for a LONG time.

Losing our status in the top clubs never to have been outside of the top 2 divisions though was very tough to lose... so I can't say I like being in this division... but I can clearly see the silver lining.

I think with hindsight you can just about say it's been beneficial.... there seems to be a new atmosphere around the club and we're much stronger now than we have been for years. At the time of relegation you can't say it's a good thing because you've got no guarantee of responding well but thankfully we have.

Archived