Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Are you glad we got relegated?

Yes.

This season has been a good experience, visited some fantastic grounds and brought a good sense of perspective amongst many of our fans.

I believe we'll be better for it, assuming we go up.

I agree.

I've had more fun this season than in all of the others since we last got promoted put together.

Lots of goals at away grounds that I will remember forever. Carlisle, S****horpe, Leyton Orient, Northampton, Yeovil, Huddersfield, Cheltenham.

Compared with last season going to places like Southampton and Norwich, well there's no comparison at all.

If you were to ask yourself where the club would be had we stayed up last season, then I think relegation has definitely had it's positives. I reckon we'd be struggling again this year, we'd be on at least the second manager of the season, we'd all be moaning eternally, and the whole thing wouldn't be that enjoyable.

In a word, yes.

Basically it's given us a chance of a re-start. New manager who's done all the right things together with backroom staff who've definitely played more than their fair part in this season's success. The management alone have been huge in all areas; not least the uncovering of certain gems i.e. Tunchev.

Then we have the players. We got rid of most of our dead-wood in the summer in my opinion, and those that under-performed last season such as Howard ans Fryatt have turned their own fortunes around dramatically for the huge benefit of the team. We've got an extremely settled side, and one that looks as though it could compete in the Championship next year. It's also a very youthful team, something that not many successful teams can genuinely boast.

We may not have thought it at the time, but relegation has proved to be the best thing to happen to us last season. It could have gone a completely different way, but it hasn't, and it's now time to push onwards and upwards.

I won't say glad as such, i'd much prefer to have been playing in the championship this season, but in the long run, it may well have a been a good thing for us, only time will tell on that though.

It wasn't good going through what we went through at the time, but we've visited a lot of grounds that we may not have done for a long time and/or not been to before. We've also had a lot of laughs, some good away days, with the different grounds that we've been to etc. So in a strange way there have been a few plus points.

We seem to have the right manager, a good togetherness about the team, and a winning mentality again, which is good.

Deep down yes.

It was the shot in the arm that the club needed on the playing side. The current management and structure has more determined and clued up look about it. What would we have done if we stayed up? Probably have kept Holloway - chasing 15th position and throw money again at the team. Next season, we will come up a more determined and fresher line-up.

Add the away days and you're on a winner.

We should win the league though, nothing to be proud of is it ? Winning league 1, when we shouldn't be even that far down the football ladder.

I hated this season, been worst ever because it is the worst ever in terms of what league we're in.

If you were to ask yourself where the club would be had we stayed up last season, then I think relegation has definitely had it's positives. I reckon we'd be struggling again this year, we'd be on at least the second manager of the season, we'd all be moaning eternally, and the whole thing wouldn't be that enjoyable.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. If we can use our promotion this year (assuming it happens) and carry on that momentum next year then in the long term it could be good for the club. The key was always to make sure we didn't do a Forest or Leeds, and hopefully that won't be the case.

Still too early to tell.

If we're challenging for a Championship playoff spot this time next year, then perhaps so.

I've enjoyed visiting new grounds (and pubs) this season, but the quality of the football hasn't been too thrilling.

Let's just say I've no wish to repeat the experience in this lifetime.

Negatives : We lost our proud record of never being outside the top 2 divisions.

Positives : It's been a massive wake up call and i'm proud at the way we've responded. "Big" clubs like Leeds and Forest have proved its not

an easy division to get out of.

We have a fanatastic up and coming manager in Nigel Pearson.

Our team/squad is made up of a lot of younger players, not just ageing mercenaries. Hopefully some of the loan signings could

be signed permanently.

I strongly believe, if we go up we will take momentum into the new season and push for a place in the Prem.

There's a real positive vibe about the place which has been sadly lacking for a very long time.

I was totally gutted when we went down but it (so far) has gone far better than i dared hope up to press...

I think it's been difficult not to enjoy this season personally. Plenty of new grounds, plenty of new people to meet, plenty of goals and plenty of wins. We've not seen a Leicester side consistently win for a few years (since 02/03), so it's been nice to be able to enjoy football at the moment.

Yeh I've enjoyed supporting Leicester this season.

However last season I looked out for other results in the league. In this I can't even name the other 23 teams that make up our division so I don't care about this season / league as much as the CCC but I like watching Leicester win :D

Hmmmmmmm, I'm agreeing with most of the points that the yeasayers are making (more fun, back to real football, fresh start etc.) but deep down I'm still absolutely gutted that we're no longer part of that elite club never to have played outside the top two divisions.

Hmmmmmmm, I'm agreeing with most of the points that the yeasayers are making (more fun, back to real football, fresh start etc.) but deep down I'm still absolutely gutted that we're no longer part of that elite club never to have played outside the top two divisions.

The only elite club that matters is a certain "group of 20". And we'd been out of that for some time.

It annoys me that we're missing out while lesser clubs like Stoke, Fulham and Wigan reap millions in TV revenue.

I hope we can keep the momentum going into next season, so we can see some quality football again and maybe regain top flight status.

I'm not glad but it was needed and it has been more enjoyable - People who say "Ah we're only beating League One teams, we should be winning every game and I ain't gonna be shouting it from the rooftops we're at the top of the league" - They need to get their heads out their arses and realise where we are and why, we're not the big club/team we once were.

As said i'm not glad we went down, but it was needed, we have a decent manager from what we have seen last season (Especially on signings) - and his 'real' challenge starts next season provided we get up this season, next season he proves he's a decent manager, we have hopefully got a team that will be with us for some time and we have gone somewhere towards rebuilding hopefully - Something that was much needed.

Relegation was a blessing in disguise really, we took a few steps back to push on and take even more steps forward - We hope.

I must admit though I do fear next season for some reason - I think its the fact and worry that we were a Yoyo club between Premiership/Championship (Too good for Championship, Not quite good enough for the Premiership), The fear is we will be a Yoyo club between Championship/League One.

Archived