Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Are you glad we got relegated?

I don't know if it has escaped your notice, but I haven't proffered an opinion either way.

By the way. it's "you're" as in "you are" not "your" the possessive form of the word "you". :thumbup:

Surely Lisa, there should be a comma after the word "way", or if it's a new sentence, a capital "I" is needed :P

I've never been to Liverpool and I've never eaten an artichoke. It's a proud record and I will be destroyed emotionally if that ever changes

I just remembered I HAVE been to Liverpool because I went to Everton away once. You can't trust a thing I say.

I've never been to Newquay. Honest

I just remembered I HAVE been to Liverpool because I went to Everton away once. You can't trust a thing I say.

I've never been to Newquay. Honest

YEAH! :rolleyes: Like we'd trust you now after the way you lied about visiting Liverpool.

Not for me, even if it meant we'd have still had Holloway as manager and largely the same squad.

Even in the long term? ie if we actually build on this season when we're back in the Championship (if we get promoted), even if that's finishing top half Championship for a few seasons. I really couldn't see us doing anything but languish around the relegation zone of the Championship for the next few seasons at least if we hadn't actually got promoted.

Glad we got relegated? fook no!

Feel it was worth it? Way too early to tell... if we go up, and stay up... and really I'd say only if we finish 15th or above, then it could be argued it was worth it.

If we go up, and struggle again next season, then we're back to where we were and going down has been completely wasted. Yes it's nice to be winning most weeks and to have a good feeling on a Saturday... but I'd much rather by mid/lower table in the Championship than down in the mire of League 1.

Even if we do improve our Championship performance, who's to say we wouldn't have done that if we had stayed up last season?

Get us out of here, and let's hope we never return to this level again!

In an odd way I am kind of glad we went down, I've only been a couple of times this season (I had a season ticket for 7 years but kids put paid to that!!) but it's been ejoyable. Hasn't it?

A lot better than being depressed every week, in my opinion anyway.

Hello by the way!! :wave:

In an odd way I am kind of glad we went down, I've only been a couple of times this season (I had a season ticket for 7 years but kids put paid to that!!) but it's been ejoyable. Hasn't it?

:welcome:

Welcome. I couldn't believe you've been signed up for three years and that's your first post :o . Hope to see plenty more though :)

We've been here before.

When we got relegated from the Prem, we bounced straight back winning almost every game, and then proceeded to get relagated.

I agree with Daggers things had got out of control and it was time to clear the decks and do a "hard reset" perhaps.

It will be interesting to watch how Nigel builds a team over the summer if and when we get promoted.

Welcome. I couldn't believe you've been signed up for three years and that's your first post :o . Hope to see plenty more though :)

I come on quite regularly, just to see what's going on, just never posted before. I'm probably just shy, there are so many angry people on here............ :blush:

I'm not glad that we got relegated as the pain of that day at Stoke still runs deep. It has, however, opened my eyes a bit more and made me fall in love with the club and football in general all over again. With the same dross football and boring stadiums week in week out, I was starting to get bored and going to the games felt more like a chore than anything else. Now though, I look forward to games and am always eagerly waiting to get on the move and to the next 90 minutes.

There's just a nicer atmosphere around the place at the moment what with less people moaning constantly (I know some still do but it's not as bad as it was in the stands last season) and as people have said, new stadiums where we're given the false sense that we really are a big club again.

Personally one thing that I've liked from the start is the way that we're treated at away games this season. In league one, I've found the opposition fans much more friendly and more fun that the likes of Southampton and Wolves fans which has added a new element to the away days for me. Walking around Leyton Orient and Cheltenham chatting to home fans and stuff like that has been a pleasant addition.

So yeah, I'm not glad we went down but I'm glad that I've the opportunity to experience a new side to league football and in some ways, I'm not looking forward to going back to the mundane games in the championship should we secure promotion. It will feel like going back to work after a summer holiday for me.... just gotta make the most of our time off though don't we?

Surely Lisa, there should be a comma after the word "way", or if it's a new sentence, a capital "I" is needed :P

Haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Tough one, this season certainly has had many positives.

As has been said, things were just on a downward spiral and I think. It was always going to end up with relegation in my opinion. Obviously the financial side was a kick on the teeth but on the pitch we seem to have found a winning formula. Something we've not had for a number of years.

Everybody knows that the Championship is there for the taking. If we can improve the squad well if we go up, I don't see why this season hasn't had more positives than negatives.

Always thaught that this may do us good.

A bit optimistic, but hopefully we can do something next season if we go up and attempt to get into the playoffs. :whistle:

To hear about the financial side was a bit dull but the grounds and the expiriences have been good.

Trouble with the Championship is that if you're near the top you have delusions of Premiership grandeur. If you're near the bottom you face the appalling anxiety of the drop into league one. The teams relegated from the Prem usually have the clout to ensure thy are near the top of the Championship (with the delightful exception of Derby this year), meaning the whole thing has an appalling sense of inevitably about it all.

If, say three from WBA, Stoke, Blackburn, Boro, Pompey and Hull come down in May, I'd be sure that two of them will occupy the top three places in the 09/10 Championship season. Thus you get one team coming through, like Wolves (no reason why that couldn't be us) and the rest scrapping about for a play off place or to avoid relegation.

Hated being relegated. Loved this season. Anxious about next season already

Archived