Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Are you glad we got relegated?

I don't know about anyone else, but I've also enjoyed all the other clubs treating their games versus us like Prem teams do Man Ure :giggle: .

Like Northampton -

Tannoy Man "This is the biggie...."

lol

Despite all the positives, good results, flowing football etc I'm still not glad we got relegated. Hindsight is a beautiful thing and it would have only taken another cock-up appointment by Mandaric with a **** of a manager and we'd be stuck in this hell hole for years to come ala Forest. So we should consider ourselves lucky in that respect.

We are lucky we got Pearson and not some nobody who has been around the block many times and yet has achieved zilch.

I would never want to re-live that day at Stoke, and given half a chance I would not have wanted to drop down here, so to answer the question, no I'm not glad we got relegated. But I'm glad we going back straight up, as it seems.

Despite all the positives, good results, flowing football etc I'm still not glad we got relegated. Hindsight is a beautiful thing and it would have only taken another cock-up appointment by Mandaric with a **** of a manager and we'd be stuck in this hell hole for years to come ala Forest. So we should consider ourselves lucky in that respect.

We are lucky we got Pearson and not some nobody who has been around the block many times and yet has achieved zilch.

I would never want to re-live that day at Stoke, and given half a chance I would not have wanted to drop down here, so to answer the question, no I'm not glad we got relegated. But I'm glad we going back straight up, as it seems.

Good post.

YES.

I think that the club was on a gradual slide. Although alot of players changed each season and usually a manager or two, the attitude around the place was one of under-achievement and acceptance of failure and under-performance.

Relegation was a slap around the face, a wake up call that snapped us out of the sleepy indifference that the club seemed to have to it's plight. We no longer had a safety net - "we've never been in division 3 and we never will be however near we scrape towards it" seemed to be our attitude.

The huge feel good factor supplied by a great manager with a pragmatic and modest style has got rid of the negative poisionous lethargy. It's got us into a positive mind set and most importantly a habit of winning.

So for me ... 100% YES!!!

I just wish we could absorb some positivity into the stands now - just the odd few hundred to convince that top of the league is actually "glass half full" territory!!

I am loving this season.

However, I cannot bring myself to say I am happy we got relegated.

I think Holloway is sacked regardless of us staying up or not, then Pearson still comes in (this is in a perfect world) and I think our team is still revamped and we can go on and have a successful season...play offs or around there. Therefore making the game at Stoke (if we had won) seem so vital.

But I am very proud of how the team and fans have not moaned about the relegation constantly - we have got on with it professionally and entertained on a regular basis. We have not come down here to linger.

Fair points. Pearson wasn't exactly first choice if i remember rightly? :unsure:

Not "glad" about going down, but at the moment i reckon it has had more positive effects than negative.... we now have confidence at home, we have a manager who seems to know what he's doing, because we are winning prem teams will loan us their promising players, some of our own young lads have come to the fore.... If we had escaped relegation last year then I think that another season in the Championship would have just seen a prolonging of the agony

As long as we go up, preferably as champions, and make a good fist next season, I thing our standing with other clubs supporters will actually have increased because of our performance in L1

Fair points. Pearson wasn't exactly first choice if i remember rightly? :unsure:

No, but he was out of work and therefore cheaper than some of the alternatives.

Given the astronomical losses we had last year, this may have been the most significant factor in his appointment.

We have a lot to thank Rupert Lowe for.. :rolleyes:

Still too early to tell.

If we're challenging for a Championship playoff spot this time next year, then perhaps so.

I've enjoyed visiting new grounds (and pubs) this season, but the quality of the football hasn't been too thrilling.

I agree with that except I'm of the opinion that I've actually seen some entertaining football this year, certainly more entertaining than the last few dire years in the championship.

Long term, it may have been a good thing but only time will tell that

No, but he was out of work and therefore cheaper than some of the alternatives.

Given the astronomical losses we had last year, this may have been the most significant factor in his appointment.

We have a lot to thank Rupert Lowe for.. :rolleyes:

I'd be the first to admit being somewhat underwhelmed at NP's appointment. But (thankfully) i stand corrected, hard to fault the guy at the moment.

I'm glad that that we got rid of that joke of a manager and appear to have someone in charge who knows what he is doing. I'm glad that we are playing good football and that the players have regained their confidence. I'm glad that we're winning football matches.

Am I glad we got relegated? NO WAY! I want to see my club eating at the top table and challenging the best teams - relegation is NEVER a good thing. Don't get me wrong - I've REALLY enjoyed this season. :D

All of those people who are saying that they're glad we got relegated have the luxury of hindsight - I dare say their views would be very different if we were struggling in midtable!

If the question was "Are you glad that we got relegated given that we've had a fun season AND won League 1?" then maybe then I will answer yes (I reckon we can post this in about 8 weeks :thumbup: )

Not "glad" about going down, but at the moment i reckon it has had more positive effects than negative.... we now have confidence at home, we have a manager who seems to know what he's doing, because we are winning prem teams will loan us their promising players, some of our own young lads have come to the fore.... If we had escaped relegation last year then I think that another season in the Championship would have just seen a prolonging of the agony

As long as we go up, preferably as champions, and make a good fist next season, I thing our standing with other clubs supporters will actually have increased because of our performance in L1

I think we'll definitely command more respect, maybe even fear, if we go up with a winning mentality built on 100+ points this season.

But we've only reached the first stage of the rebuilding job. There's still a long way to go to reach Premier League standards.

You quite right, he wasn't. I remember being on holiday and only found out about his appointment a week later. I was sceptical.

But imagine if we had been languishing around mid table like Leeds, I doubt many would be happy we got relegated.

Sheffield Wednesday have achieved zilch since they got promoted from League 1. In fact, they've been fighting relegation battles with us. Forest are in one at the moment. So this "one step back, two forward" business is a risky strategy.

Next season we could fly like Swansea or Bristol City (last season) or we could just go back to Championship mediocrity like Wednesday. It could go either way to be honest.

What a stupid thread :rolleyes:

Yeah been great in league 1, fook it i hope we can down this year aswell :rolleyes:

We should win the league though, nothing to be proud of is it ? Winning league 1, when we shouldn't be even that far down the football ladder.

I hated this season, been worst ever because it is the worst ever in terms of what league we're in.

That's the kind of response I would have expected from you. You haven't let me down. :thumbup:

I'm glad that that we got rid of that joke of a manager and appear to have someone in charge who knows what he is doing. I'm glad that we are playing good football and that the players have regained their confidence. I'm glad that we're winning football matches.

Am I glad we got relegated? NO WAY! I want to see my club eating at the top table and challenging the best teams - relegation is NEVER a good thing. Don't get me wrong - I've REALLY enjoyed this season. :D

All of those people who are saying that they're glad we got relegated have the luxury of hindsight - I dare say there views would be very different if we were struggling in midtable!

If the question was "Are you glad that we got relegated given that we've had a fun season AND won League 1?" then maybe then I will answer yes (I reckon we can post this in about 8 weeks :thumbup: )

A fairly obvious statement! Can only call it as we see it now i.e in the present! And we are doing better than we could have imagined at the moment... :thumbup:

Now i can say i am glad we got relegated. With hindsight.

It has bought a new confidence to the side, a winning mentality, we have a good manager so far in NP, who has signed some good players.

Its obviously going to benefit us in the long run, we may do a Hull, Bristol City or Swansea in the Championship next season.

And where would we be had we stayed up :dunno: we will never know now.

I dont think we would have NP though, therefore i dont think we would have Dyer, Tunchev, Morrison, Hobbs, Gilbert, Martin, Dickov, Brown and any others ive missed.

We would probably still have idiot Ollie, a shit squad, and losing most matches, probably in the bottom half of the Championship on the verge of a relegation battle.

Ive also really enjoyed going to matches and no matter how shit we play, or how good oppenents play we seem to be winning every game. :giggle:

And ive got used to it now, its a great feeling, after 5 seasons of utter shit.

And yet i still find something to moan about :crylaugh:

IMO next season we have a better chance of getting back to the Prem than we have had since we went down.

That's the kind of response I would have expected from you. You haven't let me down. :thumbup:

I haven't been on this forum long enough to understand this guy! Does he post this shite just to get a reaction...? :dunno:

Now i can say i am glad we got relegated. With hindsight.

It has bought a new confidence to the side, a winning mentality, we have a good manager so far in NP, who has signed some good players.

Its obviously going to benefit us in the long run, we may do a Hull, Bristol City or Swansea in the Championship next season.

And where would we be had we stayed up :dunno: we will never know now.

I dont think we would have NP though, therefore i dont think we would have Dyer, Tunchev, Morrison, Hobbs, Gilbert, Martin, Dickov, Brown and any others ive missed.

We would probably still have idiot Ollie, a shit squad, and losing most matches, probably in the bottom half of the Championship on the verge of a relegation battle.

Ive also really enjoyed going to matches and no matter how shit we play, or how good oppenents play we seem to be winning every game. :giggle:

And ive got used to it now, its a great feeling, after 5 seasons of utter shit.

And yet i still find something to moan about :crylaugh:

IMO next season we have a better chance of getting back to the Prem than we have had since we went down.

thats a good post maddog! :o

Cant see its done us that much good with the results againts the clubs in the leagues above us but generaly we are winning. Winning this league wont be like getting my previous experiences of getting promoted.

I agree with your second sentence but I think we should have beaten Palace and would have done had we fielded our strongest side, without a doubt. And we gave Fulham a bloody good go too, just ran out of steam towards the end and the Premiership fitness levels told. Like I say, I agree with the promotion thoughts but I think the other bit is harsh.

Premiership fitness levels told.

Slightly off topic but I don't understand why Premiership players should be any fitter than any other full time footballer. They all train for the same amount of time.

Archived