Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Champions League Quarter-Final and Semi-Final Draw.

How is it a shite draw? Probably the best draw we could of had, Barca Bayern got goals all over it. Sorry Tom but did you not watch Liverpool Chelsea last year? Hardly a 'snoozefest' really. And the first leg is at Anfield which is a Wednesday mate so that will be on Sky so you dont have to worry about The Kop getting its rightful wanking session. Semi Final 2 will be an absolute corker either way.

Arsenal will do well to get through and hopefully they dont get through, typical Yanited get the easier draw but ah well. Hopefully they cruise to the Final and get a pounding off a Semi Final 2 team, hopefully an English team.

I'm not sure what is happening with the Liverpool/Chelsea game 2nd leg because Liverpool have made a request not to play that night (14/15th) because it is the anniversary of the Hillsborough tradegy. Not sure it has any bearings over TV coverage but just pointing the fact out.

It wouldnt be a problem the UK would send the police and stewards out there.

Would certainly be a tasty atmosphere, although to be honest, the beer bans they put on most games out there will kill it.

I think its actually quite an exciting draw.

A man who knows his Champions League football unlike some.

Would love a United v Liverpool final.

Although I have no idea how it would be policed. 60 odd thousand Mancs and Scousers landing in Rome where English have been done over everytime we've been there.

Madness.

Yea was thinking about an all English Final earlier and it being in Rome. If it was Liverpool United then I think it would be even worse, God help the Italians and their airports. Liverpool fans trashed the airports in Istanbul and Athens after both finals and I think United fans trashed Moscow's aswell. Deary me.

60,000 Manc and Scousers travelling to Italy would be just cause so much trouble and aggro that UEFA should if this happen just move the Final to Wembley but common sense would fail to kick in. It only didnt kick off in Moscow because they dragged that much Police in for the final it easily prevented it but everytime a team plays in Italy and thats not just English teams it all kicks off.

I'm not sure what is happening with the Liverpool/Chelsea game 2nd leg because Liverpool have made a request not to play that night (14/15th) because it is the anniversary of the Hillsborough tradegy. Not sure it has any bearings over TV coverage but just pointing the fact out.

Nah they dont play on Hillsborough date this way I dont think because they are playing Chelsea on the 8th at Anfield and the 14th at Stamford Bridge so they dont have to play on the 15th.

First Leg will be on Sky and the 2nd on ITV.

A man who knows his Champions League football unlike some.

Yea was thinking about an all English Final earlier and it being in Rome. If it was Liverpool United then I think it would be even worse, God help the Italians and their airports. Liverpool fans trashed the airports in Istanbul and Athens after both finals and I think United fans trashed Moscow's aswell. Deary me.

60,000 Manc and Scousers travelling to Italy would be just cause so much trouble and aggro that UEFA should if this happen just move the Final to Wembley but common sense would fail to kick in. It only didnt kick off in Moscow because they dragged that much Police in for the final it easily prevented it but everytime a team plays in Italy and thats not just English teams it all kicks off.

Nah see abover post.

But lets just be thankful roma wont be in the final, now that would be madness.

Nah see abover post.

But lets just be thankful roma wont be in the final, now that would be madness.

Yea I have just read that but it's not that simple to send aload of our Police overthere to control the fans, they shouldnt have to really.

Rome should never of been chosen to hold a Champions League Final with the amount of trouble that has happened overthere in recent years. UEFA are braindead at times.

How come they dont want to play on the Hillsborough date?

Respect? :dunno:

Don't really see why they're so special, I thought it would have made a nice tribute, like with the Manc Derby.

How is it a shite draw? Probably the best draw we could of had, Barca Bayern got goals all over it. Sorry Tom but did you not watch Liverpool Chelsea last year? Hardly a 'snoozefest' really. And the first leg is at Anfield which is a Wednesday mate so that will be on Sky so you dont have to worry about The Kop getting its rightful wanking session. Semi Final 2 will be an absolute corker either way.

Arsenal will do well to get through and hopefully they dont get through, typical Yanited get the easier draw but ah well. Hopefully they cruise to the Final and get a pounding off a Semi Final 2 team, hopefully an English team.

Just my opinion that the draw isn't up to much thats all, Jeez.

If it makes you happy then I'll leave this thread to you as the champions league guru.

If it makes you happy then I'll leave this thread to you as the champions league guru.

Righto.

And yea you can carry that name out Uncle 'The Champions League Guru' Albert. I like it.

Respect? :dunno:

Don't really see why they're so special, I thought it would have made a nice tribute, like with the Manc Derby.

They already do their own tribute

Because every year at Anfield they hold this service for the 96 fans that died and the service is pretty big. Liverpool as a city is very emotional on 15th April now.

I wont be too bothered about watching Liverpool v Chelsea, last year was the best game out of the bunch, but still a bore for me. Barca will try and outscore the scorers in Bayern which could prove very difficult. Would have liked a Barca v Bayern final as well, oh well can't get it all your own way.

United on paper should go on to reach the final, I wouldn't rule out a Scouse v Manc final, I think I would enjoy that actually. I would rather Liverpool go through than Chelsea, at least Liverpool can play some nice football at times and Gerrard is worthy of being in a final for some of his efforts this season, would love him and Xavi to come up against one another in the semis though with Barca brushing them aside. We will have to wait and see, I don't think anyone wants to play Liverpool at the moment though.

Possibly another Barcelona - Arsenal final.

If so, and I hope, that Barca come away victorious.

However, if Barcelona get knocked out against Munich, which is on the cards given Munich's squad, i'll back Liverpool to win :)

United on paper should go on to reach the final, I wouldn't rule out a Scouse v Manc final, I think I would enjoy that actually.

Don't think Italian plod or UEFA would though.. :rolleyes:

It would be like Leeds v Millwall in the League 1 playoffs. The carnage would see us out of European football for a decade at least.

lol

Archived