Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hi there. My name is Richard and this is my brief story of why I'm here. Firstly, I'm a New Zealander of Croatian descent, so I have supported Chris Wood during his time at LC, but I am a feverish Croatia supporter and have followed Kramaric since he was about 17. However, my ties to Leicester City go back a lot further. I worked for Air NZ since I was 16, and when I arrived the place was stacked with Expat Brits, mainly Englishmen though. Brilliant guys who were football fanatics like myself. Anyway, the man chosen to be my teacher was a fantastic guy called Brian Herbert, and he is a huge Leicester man, like his son who I also work with. So from the age of 16 I've kept an eye on the club, and listened to 20 years of excuses :0) That stepped up when Chris Wood joined, but has gone to another level since Andrej joined, a guy I am hoping will take Croatia to the next level.

So basically I searched the web until I found the best LCFC forum, and here I am. I've been reading for about a month, but decided to join in now because it's such a hoot reading the posts. Cheers

Hello, as my username suggests I am not actually from Leicester, I am from Chesham which is a small town just outside London. My Dad was brought up in Coalville though so I was always destined to be a Leicester fan. My first game was as a five year old during an M62 derby in 1998. I grew up during the O'Neil era so I began to think we would finish midtable and win a cup every season, how wrong I was! I am a season ticket holder in the East Stand

Hi All,

New to this forum and wondering if any match-attenders can help!

I am a Loughborough University student carrying out a research project with Leicester City FC.

If you have attended a home match in the 2014/15 I would really appreciate if you completed my survey below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PQF25H9

Thanks - It'll only take 3 minutes!!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact.

Mat

Edited by mathew.gifford

Hey guys, Liverpool based Leicester fan.  Been supporting the foxes for 30 years and enjoying the prem season despite the obvious.  Been reading the posts on here for a while and am nervous about getting shouted down so will try to choose my opinions carefully!  

In the meantime I did make a video montage to Kasabian's Ez-eh of City humping Man U.  I almost chucked it as I thought it may have jinxed them but will happily share to get the blood pumping ahead of the weekend.  If someone can tell me the best way to do this (I fear it may not last long on youtube due to copywrite laws) I'll pop it online.  It's actually pretty good.  PM me if anyone has any suggestions, it'd be a shame not to air it, it took me bloody long enough.

Hey guys, Liverpool based Leicester fan.  Been supporting the foxes for 30 years and enjoying the prem season despite the obvious.  Been reading the posts on here for a while and am nervous about getting shouted down so will try to choose my opinions carefully!  

In the meantime I did make a video montage to Kasabian's Ez-eh of City humping Man U.  I almost chucked it as I thought it may have jinxed them but will happily share to get the blood pumping ahead of the weekend.  If someone can tell me the best way to do this (I fear it may not last long on youtube due to copywrite laws) I'll pop it online.  It's actually pretty good.  PM me if anyone has any suggestions, it'd be a shame not to air it, it took me bloody long enough.

It's not too late to go back, you know. This place will drive you to insanity.

• Like 1

Hey guys.

American based Leicester fan here. First year watching the premier league. I was surprised to find myself rooting for Leicester against Everton, and have been following the team ever since.

Hope to learn a bit more about the game and the team you all love, as neither are very familiar here.

Hey guys.

American based Leicester fan here. First year watching the premier league. I was surprised to find myself rooting for Leicester against Everton, and have been following the team ever since.

Hope to learn a bit more about the game and the team you all love, as neither are very familiar here.

Quite a few Americans signing up here recently. Welcome

Hey

I've been a Leicester fan for years. Been brought up supporting Leicester. The best memory would definetly have to be the amazing atmosphere when we beat Man Utd at home 5-3.

Absolutely loving going to some of the away games and experiencing it.

Hey guys and girls,

Im new to this forum but a lifelong foxes supporter from sydney australia

Im traveling to the uk next month and have booked accomidation in Manchester for Man City away although I am not sure how to go about getting tickets as im not a season ticket holder.

Long-term City fan & that. Remember when players were paid with a Bag of chips and five Woodbines...when you could get in the Pop side, buy a program and a tricky winger for two bob ( £8 million in today's money).

I can even remember when winning at home was no more than what you expected...even in the top flight. Blimey, I'm older than I thought!

Oh, and another thing...find myself glad that Nigel's staying. Can't say I like the bloke, but compared to some of the goons we've had (hello, Mr McLintock) he's somewhere between Sir Alex & Bill Shankly.

So, keep the faith...the spirit of Pen 4 abides...up the City!

First time caller...

Followed the City since Nov '82 when Line-acre scored twice and Keegan scored twice in a 2-2 draw vs. Newcastle.

Watch from afar now via dodgy live streams and would go again if I could afford it and they bought back 'safe standing'.

Miss the atmosphere of Filbo street and Pen 3 but times change I guess.

Traditionalist, hate Florist, love Muzzy and love this forum. I've been PMSL today reading some of the threads so thought I'd join in!

Cheers.

First time caller...

Followed the City since Nov '82 when Line-acre scored twice and Keegan scored twice in a 2-2 draw vs. Newcastle.

Watch from afar now via dodgy live streams and would go again if I could afford it and they bought back 'safe standing'.

Miss the atmosphere of Filbo street and Pen 3 but times change I guess.

Traditionalist, hate Florist, love Muzzy and love this forum. I've been PMSL today reading some of the threads so thought I'd join in!

Cheers.

You've joined at the wrong time mate, get out whilst you can!! ;)

You've joined at the wrong time mate, get out whilst you can!! ;)

Hahaha :D

They didn't have all this interweb malarkey back in the day when I followed them home and away.

It all looks like a bit of a circus at the moment. Still, keep the faith and all that!

Supporter from London, looking to debate about the whole Pearson scandal! Bad move on his part don't you think?

If you mean the McArthur thing then Yes, but in itself it was something or nothing. Nigel's very self-contained, some would say arrogant, but he's a bloke under massive pressure who maybe doesn't come across very well in the media. Some might prefer that to the media whores like Lineker & Savage who would do or say anything for money or to.increase their profile...an unappetising prospect but there you are.

It seems pretty obvious that there was some argument among the owners, but in the end sense prevailed. For good or bad, this is Pearson's team, and his fate depends on our survival. Losing nerve now would be disastrous. We need to get behind the team, and it's his team. Keep the faith!

Hi all, my name is Pete and I am researching some info about my local team Harrogate Town AFC.

I believe that our first trainer in 1919 may have been Tommy Codd who played for Leicester Fosse in 1914.  Unfortunately the koacal paper in Harrogate only gave his last name and that he played for Leicester Fosse.

Having looked back at as many records that you guys have on the internet and also having tried to get hold of Mr John Hutchinson without luck, does anyone else know if there was another Codd that played for Fosse before 1919 (I am 99.99% sure that it is the same lad, which would open up a main part of our history.)

Many thanks for any answers in advance.

Kind regards

Hi all, my name is Pete and I am researching some info about my local team Harrogate Town AFC.

I believe that our first trainer in 1919 may have been Tommy Codd who played for Leicester Fosse in 1914. Unfortunately the koacal paper in Harrogate only gave his last name and that he played for Leicester Fosse.

Having looked back at as many records that you guys have on the internet and also having tried to get hold of Mr John Hutchinson without luck, does anyone else know if there was another Codd that played for Fosse before 1919 (I am 99.99% sure that it is the same lad, which would open up a main part of our history.)

Kind regards

I believe that our first trainer in 1919 may have been Tommy Codd who played for Leicester Fosse in 1914. Unfortunately the koacal paper in Harrogate only gave his last name and that he played for Leicester Fosse.

Kind regards

According to 'Fossils & Foxes',.Tommy Codd was quite a guy...his career with the Fosse bracketed war service during which he lost an eye & was carried to safety by Arthur Mounteney another Fosse player...this was in the footballers batallion.

After the war he became a bandleader at the Harrogate hydro, before returning to work in Leicester in the 30s.

They just don't make em like that anymore!

Hi All,

I am undertaking a research project on behalf of Loughborough University, looking at certain service dimensions in the KP Stadium.

If you have attended any home matches this season I would really appreciate some feedback on my survey! It will only take around 3 minutes. Link below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PQF25H9

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Mat

Long time supporter, first time forum member from London.

I just can't believe how unlucky we've been this season. Part of it is due to poor tactics from Pearson at times but I feel the whole team (including Pearson) have actually done a really good job.

I went to the Arsenal game last night and second half we were all over them. I was in the goner section and people around me were commenting on how good Mahrez, Schlupp and Cambiasso were playing in particular.

There have been so many games like that where the lads play so well and just nothing comes of it. The Crystal Palace game - hit the bar, so many chances you see go in all the time, stopped by the keeper... When will the luck turn.

My fear is that we'll get relegated, lose some of our best players (Mahrez in particular) and sit back in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

The joys of being a fox eh???