Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Standing with my Uncle in the terraces at Filbert Street in the late 60s ia my earliest memory of the Foxes.

The recent 5-3 result against Man Utd in the Premiership is hopefully a foretaste of things to come!!
I simply could not let let this opportunity go by without some recognition of this great scoreline.

Enjoy!

Hi guys, I'm a west brom fan, I'm coming to you lot away would like tho know how far your ground is from the nearest train station and the best pubs for away fans, thanks again lads and ladets:)

Hi, our train station is about 15 minutes away from the ground. When you exit the train station, find directions to New Walk (a pedestrian avenue) and directions to the stadium are fairly well set out for visitors.

Oh about away friendly pubs, the biggest one I'm aware of is the Counting House, right next to Morrisons and behind the stadium

Edited by 1993fox

hi everyone,

i have just joined Foxes Talk. located in San Francisco Bay Area in Northern California in the States, i am far far away from the city of Leicester and the club. but i am cheering on, trying to get as much videos of the LC games and get to know more. the club had been on my radar since the brilliant 2013-2014 season, has been following the club in the Premier, and has been excited and loving how the team have been performing.

the other club i have been following is, unfortunately, in turmoil involving the local supporters, the local papers and the media, the owner and the back office, as well as the players. they are looking at relegation at the end of this season, quite realistically. there has been so much negativity surrounding that club that it's becoming a bit overwhelming.

on the other hand, Leicester has been - i feel - nothing but positive. of course, there are few things that need to be improved but with this club at the moment, even those shortcomings are subjects of positive outlook, something for us to look forward to.

Jamie Vardy is my main dude, closely followed by Morgan, and i believe in Nigel Pearson - he is like a rock.

i look forward to more great performance by the club.

thank you.

Hello everyone.  :) 

Been reading the board for years but only just bothered to sign up.

City fan since 1987, but was taken to a few games before that by me Dad, usually Boxing Day games.

First game I went to under my own steam was a terrible 0-1 home defeat to Bournemouth.

Best match was the 2-1 against Spurs on "Don't go Martin" night.  That Muzzy winning goal. :scarf: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, it said it couldn't start a new topic so I will do it on here. I'm an Albion fan and came over to this board from wba mad. I wanted to ask about parking and good away pubs for Saturday. I have never been to the new ground and would be delighted if you were to inform me.

I'm looking forward to Saturday. Both teams are looking at it thinkng thy can win. Good luck

Curt

Edited by Curt68

Hello everyone! The name's Alex(andra)! I've been a Leicester fan for just over two years. Always wanted to support a football club and just never picked one (seeing as I live in the US and it's difficult to follow religiously as I would like). So after very little deliberation, I saw this little FL club who played with the most heart I'd seen any club of any sport play. So I was hooked on "les-tah" and the boys. The rest is history! Good to meet you all! =)

Hello everyone! The name's Alex(andra)! I've been a Leicester fan for just over two years. Always wanted to support a football club and just never picked one (seeing as I live in the US and it's difficult to follow religiously as I would like). So after very little deliberation, I saw this little FL club who played with the most heart I'd seen any club of any sport play. So I was hooked on "les-tah" and the boys. The rest is history! Good to meet you all! =)

Welcome Alex, I have a funny feeling that you have been here before?

New Leceister City fan from Texas

Been a hockey fan most of my life, but would occasionally go out and support our local MLS club (FC Dallas).

I took the time to watch most of the World Cup this year, and really fell in love with it. Since all the Premier League games are shown here, I decided to watch several games during the "opening" weekend, and pick a team to follow.

Leceister City imediately caught my eye. Even though they were considered the underdogs, they didnt seem to know it or play like it. They seemed determined, and looked as if the could be dangerous offensively.Plus the home crowd noise was just amazing. I immediately ordered my first kit (also ordered one for my daughter so we could watch and support the Foxes together, but her lazy butt wont get up early enough).

I have beyond a beginners knowledge of the sport, and will most likely post something ridiculous - just bare with me.

Edited by marbles
  • Like 1

Morning, fellow Leicester fan here born and bred. Been supporting the club since I was about 6 and its been a hectic 11 years.

How old are you?

New Leceister City fan from Texas

Been a hockey fan most of my life, but would occasionally go out and support our local MLS club (FC Dallas).

I took the time to watch most of the World Cup this year, and really fell in love with it. Since all the Premier League games are shown here, I decided to watch several games during the "opening" weekend, and pick a team to follow.

Leceister City imediately caught my eye. Even though they were considered the underdogs, they didnt seem to know it or play like it. They seemed determined, and looked as if the could be dangerous offensively.Plus the home crowd noise was just amazing. I immediately ordered my first kit (also ordered one for my daughter so we could watch and support the Foxes together, but her lazy butt wont get up early enough).

I have beyond a beginners knowledge of the sport, and will most likely post something ridiculous - just bare with me.

Very interesting, I hope we do well for you.

Alright, new member but been reading for a long time. Pleased to be a part of it now though.

I've been a fox all my life due to my first game at the age of 6 against Derby at Filbert street. All my family on my mum's side are born and bred in Leicester and mainly were based around Evington. Sadly for me though I was the generation that were born in Kent. Still with the help of my Uncle, I have been to in total, 63 Leicester games, which for someone who has for the entirety of their life lived 3 hours away from the club makes me a supporter and not just a fan. 

Cheers. KEEP THE FAITH and UP THE CITEH!!! 

Joe.

Edited by JP the Fox