Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Daren't show you the photo - nearly bloody 70 now!

Started supporting Foxes as a schoolboy in nearby Stamford. Now live near Oxford. Retired. Still follow the lads, but never get to King Power, or whatever it's called this week.

Greatest memory - somehow getting into the first home game of the 1966-67 season to welcome home World Cup heroes Gordon Banks and West Ham trio of Moore, Hurst, and Peters. Great match - and we won 5-4! (I had to check the score on archive page.)

Love us to win the FA Cup before I peg it.

Welcome Wass. That was my first match. Sat with my Dad in the Double Decker, and thought for a bit that we'd win every match by the odd goal in nine!

And same for me, I want us to get our hands on that elusive Cup just once.

Hello, been visiting this site for years, thought I'd give my opinions a go.

Came to Leicester in 1996 after following Oxford United as a boy. Matt Elliot followed me a year later

(obviously missed my support) so I thought I'd watch him at here. (Named my son after him). And the rest was the roller coaster ride of pain, despair, ecstacy and joy of LCFC.

NP sacking sent me to into berserk mode so started tracking planes and helicopters too. Now I'm here.

Don't go to many games as I can't afford it, (once had a 3 way shared season ticket) and now I can't get tickets. Please don't hold that against me.

Hi,

My name is Dan and have been a Leicester supporter pretty much all of my life, but only properly got involved in the whole roller coaster about 8 years ago. I am a season-ticket holder with my dad in the East-Stand. My first match was when I was about 5 at Filbert Street, it was a freezing cold day and I think we were playing against Leeds (but not sure) and to my shame I fell asleep mid-match! My favourite memory has to be the Man United game from last season. Having a family so United orientated (Grandad, uncles, cousins), it felt great to finally stick it to them after years of mediocrity!

I have been reading this site for a good while now and thought it would be a good time to join in!

Hello, I have been a City fan since 1973 and remember seeing Denis Rofe, Steve Whitworth, Jon Sammels and of course Frank Worthington. Best memory seeing us come back from 0-3 down at half time to level 3-3 with West Ham back in the 70s.

Been supporting Leicester since the game against leeds during the league one season. I was on holiday from Australia, when my dads friend invited us to watch the game (in the away end) For some reason I took a liking to Leicester and found my self supporting them during the game, despite being surrounded by dirty Leeds fans. Been supporting Leicester ever since :scarf:

Hi everyone,

I am a 43 year old life long Foxes fan from Essex I have supported Leicester since I was 7 years old and my claim to fame if you can call it that was that I was mascot when i was 8 years old when Mark Wallington was captain and Lineker led the line.I also went to the ill fated away game to Harlow back in the early eighties.Anyway enough nostalgia...

I read the forum a lot and often thought about joining so I thought with a new EPL season round the corner and new beginnings for the mighty Foxes now is the time to join!

Hello one and all...

Edited by Chris B

Hi everyone,

I am a 43 year old life long Foxes fan from Essex I have supported Leicester since I was 7 years old and my claim to fame if you can call it that was that I was mascot when i was 8 years old when Mark Wallington was captain and Lineker led the line.I also went to the ill fated away game to Harlow back in the early eighties.Anyway enough nostalgia...

I read the forum a lot and often thought about joining so I thought with a new EPL season round the corner and new beginnings for the mighty Foxes now is the time to join!

Hello one and all...

Welcome Chris, we're of a similar age. My first game was in '82 at home v Newcastle. We drew 2-2 and Lineker scored both of ours and Keegan scored both of there's. Happy days!

Happy to have brought all you fellow oldies out of the cupboard (strange expression!). I go back to the golden years of Matt Gillies – oh, so close to football heaven. 

Mind you, I was nowt but a lad at the time. Had to save up pocket money and birthday money to get a bus to Leicester and then on to the terraces.Happy days! They'll be back. I aim to be around to enjoy them ...

Hi All,

I found this site a couple of days ago and liked what I saw. I've been a City fan for as long as I can remember. I no longer go to live games, but the couple of times I went to the Walkers Sadium (as it was called then) I was disapointed that in building the new Stadium I noiced that they'd forgtten to install the Filbert Street atmosphere. I'm hoping to be able to get a ticket to see the city when they play in Norwich.

Kind regards

Hi there, Peter here, brought up in Birstall, been a City fan since 64, was at Wembley in 69 at 13, with me Dad. Will never forget that day!!

Left England in the late seventies after going to Lhoughborough on a sports scholarship. Ended up in San Diego California. In the nineties the only US pro soccer league was an indoor one and SD had the best side. Keith Weller came in as assistant manager and I knew a few of the players and used to drop by training. Will never forget one particular day after training ended. Keith was showing a few of the players some moves , how to faint left then with one touch go right and then in a flash the ball would be in the top corner. One after another they would try to stop him and every time they would buy the dip of the shoulder and he would be by them and each shot was a laser into the top corner from 20 yards. It took me way back to a day in Luton in the cup on a cold windy open terrace watching him produce that magic in a 4-0 win. The best thing about Keith was he was a better man than he was a footballer. The players in San Diego loved him.

Always followed City even when US was a wasteland for footie fans. Have been living in Maui , Hawaii for a decade or more now and amazingly I can watch all City games live on NBC. Times have changed!!! Watched all the games last season, must have woke up the whole neighborhood watching the United game and was then in despair for months. Then came that magical run.......... It's never dull being a Fox fan.

Been lurking on this site for a year, cracks me up most of the time. Wife keeps looking at me strange. she's Indonesian so it's hard to explain. She still ended up jumping up and down and screaming at 2am with me as we watched the great escape . Another City fan into the fold!!!

Looking forward to another go round on the roller coaster. Just one wish, it's about time we won the FA Cup.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Liverpool fan in peace (as the title suggests!).
I write for a Liverpool site called The Tomkins Times and as a preseason warm up, I am trying to gauge the opinions of fans of others clubs.

If you could take a few minutes to answer some questions for an article, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Krish

1) How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong?

2) What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league? 

3) Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked?

4) It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs?

5) Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened?

6) Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move?

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke).

8) Where do you think LFC will finish in the league?

9) Do you want Balotelli?

Thanks again for your help.

hello guys, I'm a fan of Italian magic Leicester! I fell in love with the team during the season in the season 2012/2013 and since then I try to follow the games in streaming or on fox sports.

In Italy are an eighteen year old super fan of Parma, which unfortunately will restart after the failure of the fourth division.

Sorry for my bad English.

Hi all,

Been a long time fan since I was a little kid and my uncle, who is still a season ticket holder, would take me to the occasional game. Muzzy Izzet was my Leicester hero growing up! The good old days when we were a top team. Glad to be back in the top flight again in what is an exciting time to be a foxes fan.

Hi Guys,

I've been a city fan for 19 years (im 19 years old :P) i've had a season ticket for 8 years go the odd away game. I've got a season ticket for this year too very much looking forward to seeing the new players like Okizaki, Fuchs, Kante and Nugent.

I think we'll finish 15th and win the capital one cup !

Here's to a great season guys hope you're all excited as me