Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hi everybody, as you can see from my username (if you understand the language) I'm from Italy. "Bevilacqua" is the Italian equivalent of "Drinkwater". lol

As a Roma fan, I usually follow our ex managers' careers. And Ranieri means a lot to us. With him in charge, in 2010, we fought for the title against Mourinho's Internazionale and lost it for 2 points only, killing ourselves at home against Sampdoria when everything seemed to be ready for an amazing triumph. Ranieri got the job in September, after Spalletti's resignation. When he took over we had 0 points after two matches! That season was unbelievable, just like your current season.

I must admit it. Months ago, when i read that Ranieri was returning to England, I hardly knew Leicester existed. Or better, I knew it beacuse of Football Manager. lol

I started watching some matches here and there and I was surprised to see how a team that had avoided relegation just the year before was improving and making great results. I must be honest again. Despite being a Ranieri fan, in November I didn't think such an amazing form could last longer. Instead you kept pushing forward.

Today's match left me with no words again. You're breaking every convention in the footballing world. And you're doing it with style. I really appreciate your way of playing, King Power Stadium's atmosphere and the total dedication of your players.

I had to tell you. I fell in love with Leicester which is currently my favourite English team. I think everybody in Europe wants you to win the League. So do I. Ranieri, who has been an underachiever for all his career, strongly deserves it. The road is still long and dangerous, but today I understood you can do it. I wish you the best.

Good luck!

Welcome. Any chance of us having Dzeko and Pjanic for next season's Champions League campaign?

Hiya! Feyenoord Rotterdam fan here and long time follower of the Premier League.

I've been following your journey as a neutral football fan for a while, but dammit you brought me to tears today... so now I'm emotionally invested.

Let's gooooo foxes! Whoooooop!

• Like 4

Feyenoord fan here! Just like this guy above me haha!

Great fan of English football, I've enjoyed every minute of today's game, and I'm very much hoping you guys can make it to the title this season.

Hoping to visit a Foxes game this or next season. 

Keep it up guys!

• Like 1

Hello, been on here for a long time, but never say anything and have never introduced myself. My dad first took me to Filbert Street when Colin Appleton was captain, and as a little kid you were allowed to sit on the wall in front of the fans, knees behind the half-time boards where they hung the scores with metal numbers. Later I had a wooden beer crate that I painted blue and white and stood on next to my dad. I went to just about every home game with him until I moved away to college in 1977., but that doesn't mean that I haven't followed the foxes all my life. I live in south London now and have a season ticket at Crystal Palace with my son who was born and has been brought up within walking distance of Selhurst Park. This is an amazing season, and I'm very proud that my dad put my name on a brick in the wall of the Walkers. Plus my mum lives just down the road from Jamie, so pretty much all good. Bring on the Champions League eh?

• Like 1

Hi all. I'm off to see my first match in 30 years next week. Happens to be Arsenal v Leicester. Can't wait! My wife won the tickets in a competition.

The last match I saw was Ipswich v Southampton over 30 years ago! (A family friend was an Ipswich fan and we also saw Ipswich v man Utd that month. Before fergie became manager! Big Ron was in charge I think). A brownie point for anyone who can track down what date that was.

Anyway I can't wait to watch Leicester, and my wife super excited too :)

Hiya! Feyenoord Rotterdam fan here and long time follower of the Premier League.

I've been following your journey as a neutral football fan for a while, but dammit you brought me to tears today... so now I'm emotionally invested.

Let's gooooo foxes! Whoooooop!

Feyenoord fan here! Just like this guy above me haha!

Great fan of English football, I've enjoyed every minute of today's game, and I'm very much hoping you guys can make it to the title this season.

Hoping to visit a Foxes game this or next season. 

Keep it up guys!

Welkom!

Spreken van Feyenoord, ik wil ook zeggen dat Tonny Vilhena is een fantastisch speler. Bovendien we en Southampton wordt al enige tijd in verband gebracht met hem. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leaders-leicester-head-prem-transfer-7324879

How do Foxes. Bury fan and 30 year resident of Leicester here just dropping in to wish you all the best in your quest for the title. I've seen you and loads of my mates go through the dark times so this is all as well deserved for everyone as it is unbelievable. Living here, I've always wanted the club to do well and nip along to the odd match when I can (though that's a bit bloody impossible these days!) I was particularly keen when you had Kasper, Nugent, Adams and Kennedy all ex-Bury signed up at the same time - We were your feeder club! Good luck Boys, do it for the greater good of football, it seems the entire world (apart from the Mancs, Spurs and Arsenal obviously) are all behind you. Let's have Barcelona and Real Madrid down here next season! Btw - I play in a band with Paul, the pre-match post-horn man and I know David Nugent's mum so I legitimately have some vague club connections to not be classed as a reflected glory hunter! ☺

Hi all tigers supporter in peace congratulations on the win yesterday what the foxes have achieved this season is incredible long may it continue a champions league place is a real posibility perhaps even more lets hope so

Edited by suttyprop

Welkom!

Spreken van Feyenoord, ik wil ook zeggen dat Tonny Vilhena is een fantastisch speler. Bovendien we en Southampton wordt al enige tijd in verband gebracht met hem. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leaders-leicester-head-prem-transfer-7324879

Hi, thanks for the welcome. It's really a shame we can't keep Vilhena, but nothing we can do about that I guess.

I'd rather see him go to Leicester City then go to Manchester United for instance.

Cheers!

Hi, thanks for the welcome. It's really a shame we can't keep Vilhena, but nothing we can do about that I guess.

I'd rather see him go to Leicester City then go to Manchester United for instance.

Cheers!

I imagine he'll end up at Soton (if not a big club) given the Koeman connection, but he's so so talented and I would love for him to end up with us.

Greetings lads and lasses. Sunderland fan here wanting to pass on my best wishes. I've been ranting for years football's goosed, I honestly thought the days of the little guy (no disrespect) spanking the big boys (oh matron) was long gone.

I hope you win every game you're not playing us, go on you beautiful blue basses, stick it up em....

• Like 2

i don t know where to put my post ,i guess i am in the right topic,

i am faycal living in japan ,in tokyo from Algeria, just want to tell the leiceter fans, that the hole comunity of algerian football

and the hole algerian fans are following every week the evolution and the magical story of leiceter ,it became a weekly episode ,where we want to know what is going on next, there is something special about this leiceter team ,even the goals they score are not goals we see often ,every week we can see the goal of the year, or maybe wait next week ,we will see another one maybe better, we algerians are so proud of our liitle fox Mahrez , i guess he has a good feeling about the foxes since in algeria our national team is called the desert foxes ,Mahrez just adds this magical way of playing football that we do not see in any other team , this football that every football fan wants to watch and love, as ronaldinho did in his time  ,i hope from my bottom of my heart and soul as many algerians ,that leiceter wins the premier league for the game we all love ,and leiceter showed that is no surprise to be on top of the league, because they are just the best team ,it will surprise me if they won t win it.......

cheers from tokyo

Faycal

this is a video about the Algerian team in the world cup 2014 in brazil

enjoy if you love football!!!!

Edited by faycal
  • Like 3

Hi everyone

Have been lurking here for a while and figured may as well sign up.

Leicester born and bred but  living away from  the county for the last 18 years. Old enough to recall seeing Bobby Charlton playing for Man U down at Filbert St, and the 70's when many on the team seemed to have a surname beginning with W.

Loving things at the moment after some dark periods over the years and hoping we can fall over the line before the end of the season as Champions but will be more than happy with a Champions league spot. 

Alec

Greetings lads and lasses. Sunderland fan here wanting to pass on my best wishes. I've been ranting for years football's goosed, I honestly thought the days of the little guy (no disrespect) spanking the big boys (oh matron) was long gone.

I hope you win every game you're not playing us, go on you beautiful blue basses, stick it up em....

Hi Everyone!

I am just copying the exact thread i posted on reddit not long ago (see below this paragraph; someone there recommended I try this site).  I'm from USA and I've been following Leicester since they spanked Sunderland at the start of the season, and am really pulling for them to win the league (and have been watching as many of their games as possible that do not conflict with the black cats)- and honestly thought they had a fighting chance since probably October.  I was hoping someone on this forum would be able to help me at all

Very long story short, but I'm planning a trip for mid-march to the UK (never left America before). In the interest of full disclosure, I'm actually a sunderland fan. That said, I've been pulling for Leicester to keep winning since very early in the season (so don't think of me as too big of a bandwagoner!).

Anyways, my first and foremost goal is to see the Sunderland-Everton game March 12th (I'm scheduled to be in UK Wednesday the 9th through Friday the 18th). Unfortunately, there is a decent chance that game will be moved due to Everton being in the FA Cup. One of the main reasons I'm going to be in the UK is to see a game, so I have a few backup plans (see United-Watford that Saturday since that's relatively close to where I'll be at that time if they lose their FA Cup games which is unlikely; see a midweek London-based or Sunderland game that is rescheduled since I'll be in London for the tail end of my trip but of course wouldn't mind the train ride to Sunderland).

If all that fails (which, unfortunately, is more likely than I would have hoped), I'm prepared to extend my trip a couple days to see a London-based game on that Saturday. I was very excited to see Leicester is in London at that time, and that would totally salvage my trip from a football perspective. I figured my best bet was to ask the home supporters for some help but nothing has turned up yet there

That said, I was hoping some kind soul would be able to help me figure out how to get my hands on two tickets. Like I said this is a last resort (I'd really prefer not to extend my trip for personal reasons, but I'm prepared to do it if it means I can actually see a live EPL game). I will not know for sure for about 2 weeks (after Evertons next FA Cup) game if I actually need these tickets, but I didn't want to wait that long to start searching.. 

PS- this plan was in motion even before the City win (although I did wake up at 7AM the other day to watch it), so don't think I'm only doing this now!

Edited by stm08007

Hello everybody, 

I am Karoline and am kind of hijacking this forum for a work related research. 

I work as a tv reporter for the Austrian television ORF and am (rather desperately) looking for fans to talk about their greatest LCFC moments on camera. 

Not only is it pretty tricky to coordinate an interview from another country with people you have not yet met but to organize this for the next day - here's a challenge. 

So - here's where you come in... 

I am hoping that some of you can help me out?

If you're reading my somewhat desperate plea and find yourself with a little time on your hands tomorrow afternoon and in Leicester then you could quite possibly save my life by sending me an email to [email protected]

It would be really great if this worked and I can promise you will have found a newbie foxes fan on the way. 

Thanks in advance, Karoline 

Hello all 

I'm making a film for BBC Newsnight about the success the Foxes have had this season and the positive effect it has had on the town. I'm looking for for diverse range of Leicester fans who have followed the club for a few years and can talk about the problems the city (and the club) have faced. If you are travelling down to the Arsenal game on Sunday all the better! 

I'm also keen to use some footage from throughout the season of some of the highs and lows. So if you have some funny / exciting / interesting videos or photos and would be happy for them to be shown on the BBC I would love to see them. 

Anyone interested can get me on here, or on my email [email protected]

Many thanks , hoping to have as many great Leicester voices as possible involved. And hoping you thrash the Gunners this weekend!

Zach 

Hi all

Decided to join the forum rather than lurk as a guest. Absolute love reading the different perspectives everyone has and the valuable insights on our team. I don't get to see many live games as I live in Sydney but I do get back to Leicester often but never seem to tie in with a home game! I have spent the last 10 years being the guy who supported a team who no one really knew about....quite strange now to have people coming up to me at work raving about LCFC. Happy days indeed, reminds me of the euphoria during our annual pilgrimage to Wembley in the 90's.

Cheers

John

Hi all,

my name is Marco Signorelli, I'm an Italian sport journalist, and I'm working for many years for a tv network of Milan. I had the chance to know and interview Mr. Ranieri when he was Inter Milan manager, and I really appreciate what he's doing this season with LCFC.

I think that soon I could ask for your help for a great project (as many of my colleagues are already doing). I'm sure that we could bring this fantastic football story worldwide.

Thank you all!

Marco

I'm an LFC supporter living on the east coast of Canada. I was born in Canada and only started following footy in 2010. I chose LFC because I liked the fact the supporters united to drive out the previous owners who were destroying the club. The current LFC owners also own the Boston Red Sox whom I have always had a soft spot for. 

My wife's mum and dad are from the UK and she happens to be from the Leicester area, she's 90 and is astonished yet proud of the club's success. I also know a fellow here who emigrated from Leicester a couple of years ago. He and I have coached middle school footy together. 

I wanted to register to follow the club through the run in to what I sincerely hope results in the Foxes lifting the Title. 

As most know LFC narrowly missed out in 2014 and for me as a new fan it was a thrilling ride that I'll remember for a long time. 

I am paid member and regular poster on the Liverpool Way forum but be assured I have come here to make a positive contribution. 

Hopefully you'll welcome me to your community.

Edited by ranxerox