Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hi Leicester City fans,

I'm Nobby from Bangkok. I'm not really a football person. A while ago, I was wondering, what was all the fuss about Leicester City. The local media in Thailand were all over it: TVs, radios, newspapers, magazines etc. This prompted to me dig up the story a little bit deeper then I understood that what the club was doing is nothing short of a miracle. The rise of the Foxes is a very entertaining story full of twists and turns. Only a while back (after the sacking of the then popular manager Pearson) the owners were branded as stupid and had no clue on how to run a football club. The appointment of Raneiri as the manager was nothing short of petrol into a fire pit. The fans were fuming. The media branded LCFC players as a bunch of rejects, relegation fodder.  Today LCFC is top of the table. In spite of all the insults, the owners stood by their decision even assured Raneiri that he would still have a job even the club failed to stay in the PL. When the season started, 98% of the fans buried the hatchet and gave blessing to Raneiri. He calmly went out to prove his critics wrong. The players were inspired by the fans and fought the battles on the pitches as a team with their hearts.  The incredible rise of the Foxes has provided many moral stories, all are good. The motto "Foxes Never Quit" accurately summarizes the spirit of this wonderful club. I'll continue to follow your incredible journey.

Wishing you, Foxes, all the best.

A friend from Thailand 

• Like 1

hi i'm nigel

first watched the foxes in the mid to late eighties, uses to stand in pen three and went to the play- off final in 1993 against blackburn rovers.Ran on to the pitch with everyone else when we stayed up in the old second division on the last day of the season.

Joined in 2012 but too shy to introduce myself then :-). City supporter (kind of) since watching the 1961 Cup Final (on TV) - I remember the frustration I felt when Len Chalmers got crocked and limped around for the next seventy minutes. Supported Everton for two seasons in the mid '60s but it was a whim. I returned to the fold quick enough. Was at Wembley for the World Cup Final in '66. Favourite team -  Jimmy Bloomfield's. Favourite player - Keith Weller. Favourite hell-raiser - Frankie Wortho. Favourite manager - Martin O'Neill. Most exciting game watched - City 5 - 2 Shrewsbury - FA Cup 1982. Took me dad - last game he ever went to. Funniest moment - Alan Woolett dumping Georgie Best and then standing over him tipping an imaginary glass back! Best player seen in a City shirt - Riyad Mahrez followed closely by Vards. Best moment (yet) - winning the LC replay at Sheffield and driving back along the M1 with me flag out the car window. Not sure about the first game I went to - I do remember Howard Riley sprinting down the wing at Filbo - so 1965. Worst moment - plenty - but some Spurs pillock in the '82 semi hitting a shot and it striking Ian Wilson's boot and gently spinning over in an arc over Mark Wallington's head.

Tell us more!! Whenever I read something like this from way back when I just think 'give us more detail - I'm all ears!' (maybe it's because I live hundreds of miles from the nearest City fan). What do you remember of the World Cup Final??

HI, I'm not actually a Leicester fan, I'm a Chelsea season ticket holder. Just wanted to pop by and say good luck. I sincerely hope you lot get that title this season.

1. It'll be brilliant for football.

2. You deserve it, breath of fresh air this season, great to watch. The desire and commitment from the players is fantastic (something sadly missing from too many of ours this season).

3. Claudio Ranieri is a class chap (and you have Huth too).

4. It means Spurs and Arsenal won't win it (especially Spurs - It might go some way to us forgiving you for Steve Guppy in '99 :D )

I hope you have it sewn up before the last game of the season, and we can do you a favour by beating Spurs. If not, Stamford Bridge will be a strange atmosphere last game of the season with most of us wanting Leicester to get the result they need.

Hi been a foxes fan since the early 90's always getting to a few matches every season.

Now living in Orkney making going to matches difficult.

I am enjoying this season although last season was interesting for different reasons!

I am down later this month. Might get to see a game if I can find a ticket, ha ha, I know they are like rocking horse sh*te.

Nǐ hǎo!!

I am a Leicester Fan (I was there when we were $%^#) from Hong Kong!

This season has been awesome!! Trust Leicester to get good when I relocated!!! I just got called a "glory supporter" on a Youtube comment, which is AWESOME!

I have watched every single game from the past 2 season streamed, I am dreading the late nights in the Champions League next season but its going to be well worth it!! I am even contemplating quitting my job so I can travel round Europe and get a season ticket. I just so happened to relocate 3 years ago :(

Well anyways, nice to have found this forum... I think I'm boring the hell out of all the Chinese & Americans in my office... Also, walking around in a Leicester shirt around here is like being a celebrity rather than a "who" haha!

• Like 1

HI, I'm not actually a Leicester fan, I'm a Chelsea season ticket holder. Just wanted to pop by and say good luck. I sincerely hope you lot get that title this season.

1. It'll be brilliant for football.

2. You deserve it, breath of fresh air this season, great to watch. The desire and commitment from the players is fantastic (something sadly missing from too many of ours this season).

3. Claudio Ranieri is a class chap (and you have Huth too).

4. It means Spurs and Arsenal won't win it (especially Spurs - It might go some way to us forgiving you for Steve Guppy in '99 :D )

I hope you have it sewn up before the last game of the season, and we can do you a favour by beating Spurs. If not, Stamford Bridge will be a strange atmosphere last game of the season with most of us wanting Leicester to get the result they need.

I see you Steve Guppy hurt but raise you Erland "diver" Johnsen in the Cup game at the Bridge 1997. No defeat has ever hurt me as bad as that one, before or since.

I'd quite like John Terry to walk the ball into his own net on the last day whilst chanting "Fcuk you Tottenham" for us to win the league. Nice...

Hello,

Long-time lurker first-time poster.

I used to have a season-ticket in the 90s but now live in London so am a long-distance membership holder. I get to as many games as is possible which tends to be between 3-5 games a year.

What a season! Most balanced and most quality all-round team in my memory.

Earliest memories: a terrible Paul Reid performance from 80s game vs Bournemouth, Pleat era survival vs Oxford United at Filbo.

Worst memories: administration era, in fact - pretty much every game between 2001-2007 where City players were fearful of holding onto the football for any longer than one second at a time.

Best memories: Standing down at the front in the Kop at Filbo as a kid. A Gary Coatsworth thunderbolt. Play-off run in early 90s. Mahrez's beautiful control, shielding and perfect long-pass followed by Vardy's unhesitant half-volley vs Liverpool this season: the key moment of the season in my book by a mile.

6 games to go. When your smiling...

Hi, Foxes.

I'm new to posting in forums, this is 1st time. I'm from Tashkent. and actually am not a fan of Leicester city, i haven't ever watched their game. because our tv broadcast german league :angry:  i think EPL is the best league ever created. sometimes even a match between outsiders is more intersting than El Classiko. i like Liver, Arsenal more, mostly MU, hate Chelsea and ManCity

i found this site by chance (occasionally, accidentally... do not know which is right). in my mailbox found news about interview of Leicester keeper to The Times, i read it. and at the end he said that there's a crazy atmosphere at their stadium :trumpet: , that he even can't hear what his teammates shouting. fans sing "we are staying up" or we are staying on, i forgot. and i wanted to get this song. so i was looking for it and saw this forum, signed up, and here i am.

thumbs up for Leicester City for their hard working)) i wish foxes get what they merit - 1 st place and Ch.League, cause i'm tired seeing English clubs sucking in Ch.League( they deserve better. maybe foxes humiliate Real Madrid at S.Bernabeu :D 

and at the end of my longlasting post (at last :D ) if anybody know how can i find this song, recorded at the stadium, could you send it to me, please

sorry for my bad english

Hello everybody,

my name's Marco, i write from Italy. Juventus fan.

But it's smthing like 2 months that my friends and i have been always looking for Leicester result on matchdays!!!

Forza Leicester and as we say for Juve #Finoallafine #Untiltheveryend!

Hello All,

My name is Josh Jones (usually called JJ) and I'm 17. Been a LCFC fan all of my life and have had a season ticket for the past 6 years currently up in the family stand near the away fans. Have always kept an eye on Foxes Talk but never joined but now I'm here!

Try and go to away games as much as I can but having 107 points means I usually miss out unfortunately.

Cheers,

JJ

I see you Steve Guppy hurt but raise you Erland "diver" Johnsen in the Cup game at the Bridge 1997. No defeat has ever hurt me as bad as that one, before or since.

I'd quite like John Terry to walk the ball into his own net on the last day whilst chanting "Fcuk you Tottenham" for us to win the league. Nice...

I'll let you have that one (personally I despise diving and cheating - I'd dish out immediate 10 game bans for it).

If we thought he could get away with it, we'd love to see John Terry do that too. It would be nearly as good as denying Spurs a Champions League place with Drogba's last gasp header and then his penalty. I'm sure he could make it look like an accident, after all, we've been woeful at the back all season.

Hi my name is Ross and I live in Coalville. I've been a City supporter since 2004 and have had a season ticket for 10 seasons. During that time I have sat in both the Kop and the corner of the West Stand (near the restaurant). From Leyton Orient away in League 1 to the dizzy heights of the Premier League, I've followed City all the way.