Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hi

I was born in Wigston, and lived there until the age of 12 when we moved to Wiltshire.

The earliest game that I can remember at Filbert St was the 1963 City vs Man U match that ended 4-3 to Leicester. Obviously being only 9 at the time I don't remember too much, but I do recall the exciting atmosphere, a huge crush in the crowd, and Dennis Law scoring a goal with a bicycle kick. I'm not sure how much I was aware of the situation at the time (City challenging for the title, and up for an FA Cup final with Man U).

That game was one of the few that my father was able to take me to. The only other I can recall vaguely was a friendly with Glasgow Rangers - think there was some sort of trouble from the Rangers fans.

As I remember, in those days, everyone at school supported Leicester. There was no question of supporting any other team.

I haven't been able to see many City games since that time, though my father & I always went to the Dell  to see them play Saints. The most memorable game was one in which Leicester won (5-1 I think), with Peter Shilton scoring when his kick bounced over the head of their goalie (Forsyth I think). I also saw them a few times in London when at college and later when working & living there.

I remember once watching them play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge (must have been mid 80s). We were sitting amongst Chelsea fans (plenty of seats available if I remember), and there was a group of 3 Chelsea gorillas in front of us. I think City lost, with me obviously hoping not to stand out as a Leicester fan. Once when Chelsea scored, one of the gorillas turned round and asked me who scored. I started to mumble something, but fortunately was bailed out by my much more knowledgeable mate. Chelsea fans didn't have a very friendly reputation in those days!

Anyway, some time in the 80s I lost interest in club football & just tuned in for International tournaments , though Leicester were always my team. Now in Perth, Australia, at the beginning of last season my son alerted me to Leicester getting promotion, and I realised that for the first time I could actually watch them regularly (on Foxtel - Aussie Sky). Watched every game with my father (now 88) last season through thick, thin then thick again. What a time to join back in!

Around March last year I had resigned myself to them getting relegated, and began researching ways that I might continue to watch them in the Championship. I joked with my father that to escape relegation they'd have to play like a top 4 club! Well, we got that and then some!

Sorry if this is a bit long (& boring). Just a few personal reminisces.

Anxiously awaiting the outcome of this season & hoping it all ends as we would like, but a tremendous feat regardless of the outcome.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

Hello!!

I am from Japan. I live in Coventry but my soul is in Leicester.

Since Yuki Abe came here, I am supporter of it!

And since Shinji Okazaki came here, I am sooo excited to support him!!

I just dreamed that we are gonna win the league, but it might should must come true!!!

I sing Okazaki's Chant in the stadium every time.

I got tickets against Everton, so I will sing for him and all of the team!!!

Maru

post-24102-0-00641700-1460456114_thumb.j

• Like 3

Hi guys,

I come from Italy and I have always watched english football on tv.

Honestly I am not a Leicester fan from many years,but as soon as Claudio Ranieri has became the Leicester manager,I started to support the team!!

It is a fantastic season,whatever it ends.My favourite player is Kanté!

Cmon Foxes!!

Morning folks.

Just joined. I'm a Celtic fan and a regular on the main fans forums with regards the Hoops.

Not going to lie and say I'm a die hard City fan, but always paid a wee bit of attention to you lot since around Martin O'Neill's time down there.

Anyway, thought I'd join as this season has been a revelation, and as a football supporter, what Cit are doing is a breath of fresh air. So much so that I think the Mrs thinks I've got a bit on the side whenever I tell her'I'm just nipping out to watch the Leicester match Luv. Bye!'

Anyroad best of luck and Hail Hail from Paisley

Hello All,

Spurs fan here.....I'm not sure if I'm the first, but on our forums there are many that are already saying that should you go on to win the title, it will be fully deserved. I'm one of them. We haven't given up yet and there will likely be a few more twists and turns, but it's looking really good for you after the Sunderland result and after 38 games the league table doesn't lie....you will have been the best all season. Congrats if it happens, class act all round.

Here are few questions that I would be interested in...not sure if it's the right place but anyway....

Is it annoying that other clubs/media seem to think it's 'lucky' and that Leicester don't seem to be held in the same esteem as if Chelsea, City or United were top....? Personally I think that's totally wrong, you're there on merit.

What do you think the success is based on? team work (my view) or individual performances of players like Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, Morgan, etc.

Is this down to the end of last season and Pearson or should Ranieri take the credit?

Can you do it again next year...or do you fear losing players (personally I think and hope they will all stay)?

How will you get on in the Champions League....personally with the current team, belief and mindset I think you'll be fine, exciting times eh? I went to Milan twice and Madrid with Spurs...they are fantastic days regardless of result.

Who do you honestly think is better..Vardy or Kane? Whilst they're both fantastic goal scorers, I think Kane contribute more all over the pitch than Vardy...Vardy is probably more clinical?

Whats your view of Spurs this season, the players, fans and future....we had some right old battles in January, you won the big one 1-0..I was there, gutted.

I can't see the wheels coming off....so enjoy the celebration if it happens and next years away days across Europe. I'd be interested in the above questions if you fancy answering them and I wonder if we're all potentially looking forward to seeing gary Lineker presenting Match of the Day in his pants.....any of you lot got a decent bet on?

• Like 2

Hello All,

Spurs fan here.....I'm not sure if I'm the first, but on our forums there are many that are already saying that should you go on to win the title, it will be fully deserved. I'm one of them. We haven't given up yet and there will likely be a few more twists and turns, but it's looking really good for you after the Sunderland result and after 38 games the league table doesn't lie....you will have been the best all season. Congrats if it happens, class act all round.

Here are few questions that I would be interested in...not sure if it's the right place but anyway....

Is it annoying that other clubs/media seem to think it's 'lucky' and that Leicester don't seem to be held in the same esteem as if Chelsea, City or United were top....? Personally I think that's totally wrong, you're there on merit.

What do you think the success is based on? team work (my view) or individual performances of players like Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, Morgan, etc.

Is this down to the end of last season and Pearson or should Ranieri take the credit?

Can you do it again next year...or do you fear losing players (personally I think and hope they will all stay)?

How will you get on in the Champions League....personally with the current team, belief and mindset I think you'll be fine, exciting times eh? I went to Milan twice and Madrid with Spurs...they are fantastic days regardless of result.

Who do you honestly think is better..Vardy or Kane? Whilst they're both fantastic goal scorers, I think Kane contribute more all over the pitch than Vardy...Vardy is probably more clinical?

Whats your view of Spurs this season, the players, fans and future....we had some right old battles in January, you won the big one 1-0..I was there, gutted.

I can't see the wheels coming off....so enjoy the celebration if it happens and next years away days across Europe. I'd be interested in the above questions if you fancy answering them and I wonder if we're all potentially looking forward to seeing gary Lineker presenting Match of the Day in his pants.....any of you lot got a decent bet on?

Probably worth starting a new thread with your questions because not many members will read this thread.

How we do next season domestically and in Europe depends on how many players we can keep, and how much (hopefully) being Champions acts as a draw to other top class players.

Spurs are an excellent side and must surely be one of the favourites for the league next season?

I think Kane is the better player, but Vardy compliments our system perfectly so it's a tough choice. I'd keep Vardy over Kane if they were the same age, as it is Kane has got another 10 years in him and can see him becoming a Spurs & maybe even England legend.

Anyway leaving work now so no time to comment further haha.

Hi Sam from Sleaford Lincs here supported City since 1974 have a season ticket in West Stand with my 12y son been following forum since 2014 but only just been able to log in and register properly hope to be on regular now. Keep the faith and let's hope we make it till the end COYB

Edited by Lincs sam

Hi Mates

My name is Tiago and im from Portugal.

The history that Leiceister is writing is trully inspiring, and here in Portugal we

are ansious that this journey will end as premier league winners.

Me and another 9 friends have schedulled a trip to Leicester 6,7 and 8 of May

To party with you guys, we will go from Faro (Algarve) in the friday to EMA airport,

And we need your help to know the best places to hang out.

All the world have the eyes on you, and u are inspiring a lot of us, that everything is possible.

C mon foxes!!

Hi

I think i joined this forum a few years back but never posted, I have been an avid watcher (dont want to sound perverted). Live in Bucks, Grandfather was from Hinckley, so supporting Leicester has been passed through the generations. get to a few games every season, normally London away but get up to the KP a couple of times a season. Really started supporting in the early 90s.

What a season and what an emotional rolercoaster, I have been very down the last 10 days, since spurs did Man U and the West Ham debacle but Claudio has moved me in the past few hours to finaly post. That guy is just so experinced and passionate. He gained the momentum out of nothing today, not a ball kicked, a very bright man and totally calculated.

Anyway on we go to the title.

Hello everyone  :)  I'm Luca

I'm a Sampdoria supporter but like everyone else from all around the world I'm following this Epic Season of Yours..it's A-mazing!!

Thanks to you all to remind everybody what Football should be: passion, dreams, romance and tears of joy.

Is almost done fellas, go take YOUR Premier League Title, GO FOXES!!!

Ciao ;)

Hi all, my name is Michael Jordan, hence the MJ23 username.

I have supported Leicester from the age of 10, I went to my first game when I was 12/13

My first stand out memory from my early visits to Filbert Street is seeing Colin Gibson (my favourite player at the time) being wheeled of injured in a St Johns sack barrow.

I went to Wembley to see Speedie dive, Cried when Swindon undeservedly got out of jail, laughed when Derby got outfox by Steve he'severyfackinwhere Walsh.

And was right behind the goal when Claridge's shin roller left Nigel Martyn rooted to the Wembley turf.

I was amazed when Pontus Kamark kept Juninho in his pocket and Bruno scored at the death to take us to a replay, And was at Hillsborough when suuuper, suuuper Steve did the business.

I was rather drunk but present when Tranmere got no reward thanks to Matt Elliots brace.

From the age of 18 to 29 I was a season ticket holder, pen 2 was my domain, too many memories to list but what a place.

Stayed in the kop when we moved over the road, in the administration season I went to every game except one, everyone L.C.F C pulled together we overcame the odds.

I can't get to as many matches as I would like to nowadays at first because of financial difficulties and now because there is such high demand.

Just wanted to write this little introduction to clarify that I have been through the good and bad times and wouldn't change them for the world.

Thanks for your time ;)

Hello guys

I'm Davide from Italy, AC Milan fan. Congrats for the great victory today, I always watch your matches on a streaming website here.

ALL and i say ALL Italy is supporting you!

...for real...

Never give up and keep winning

Hi, name's Paul

I'm not actually a Leicester fan, I'm a Celtic fan (Hence O'Neill and Lennon picture)

But my dad is a Leicester fan and I'm trying to buy him this seasons jersey for him. There are no jerseys on the online store. Does anybody know why that is or if jerseys will be back on sale in a few weeks online???

Hi, name's Paul

I'm not actually a Leicester fan, I'm a Celtic fan (Hence O'Neill and Lennon picture)

But my dad is a Leicester fan and I'm trying to buy him this seasons jersey for him. There are no jerseys on the online store. Does anybody know why that is or if jerseys will be back on sale in a few weeks online???

This season's shirt sold out months ago. Next season's shirt will be unveiled in a couple of weeks so much chance of getting this season's now. You'll find some decent fakes on aliexpress.

Edited by Webbo

This season's shirt sold out months ago. Next season's shirt will be unveiled in a couple of weeks so much chance of getting this season's now. You'll find some decent fakes on aliexpress.

Are you serious???? Surely they would release more of this seasons jerseys so people could get CHAMPIONS 16 on the back?....Not being smart but Celtic would often keep the home kit going and have offers for CHAMPIONS on the back at the end of the season

• Like 1

Are you serious???? Surely they would release more of this seasons jerseys so people could get CHAMPIONS 16 on the back?....Not being smart but Celtic would often keep the home kit going and have offers for CHAMPIONS on the back at the end of the season

The kit contract is to a Puma sub-contractor, Genesis, as it was signed before we got promoted and the demand was pretty standard for a club of our size.

It's looks like the contract's been bought out by Puma now but that's for next year's kit, and Geneis don't have the production power to create a new batch of kits.

So either a decent fake or waiting for next year's are the only options I'm afraid. Any official kit on eBay or the likes will be extortionate presumably, considering the contextual significance.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 1