Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

New Signings Imminent

it has worried me a little on the back of the merc mandy has said 2 more signings i was wondering do you think 2 signings is enough for me we need to strenghen the GK, RB, RLM and ST

i was thinking of the squad as it is now and are strongest line up is:

Weale

Neilson

Hobbs

Tunchev

Mattock

Gradel

Oakley

King

Dyer

Howard

Fryatt

Subs

Pently

Brown

Berner

Clemence

N'Guesson

Dickov

Chambers

Simply i would find this line-up dissapointing

The 6 month contract of Pently indicates that he will have involvement in the future probably are 2nd choice

IM WORRIED :huh:

non of these signings give me confidence that we can do any other than be in another relegation battle...if mandaric is serious he needs to spend serious money on quality players who can get us up that league at best we will finish in the lower half of the table...even the red scum are spending money

This line up and squad in my eyes is not good enough and as i have said previously at best we will finish in the bottom half of the table if not fighting a relegation battle.....half the job is done money needs to be spent on quality players to finish it !

This line up and squad in my eyes is not good enough and as i have said previously at best we will finish in the bottom half of the table if not fighting a relegation battle.....half the job is done money needs to be spent on quality players to finish it !

So the glass is very much half full for you then? :rolleyes:

Christ on a bike people, have some optimism. There's a long way to go until the big kick off, have some faith in Nige.

We will definitely need a creative central midfielder and 2 strikers (a goalscorer and a backup for Howard)

I don't think we will need another goalkeeper... I think that NP might have faith in Cisak to backup Weale.

As for a backup right back to Neilson, Morrison will do just fine.

it has worried me a little on the back of the merc mandy has said 2 more signings i was wondering do you think 2 signings is enough for me we need to strenghen the GK, RB, RLM and ST

i was thinking of the squad as it is now and are strongest line up is:

Weale

Neilson

Hobbs

Tunchev

Mattock

Gradel

Oakley

King

Dyer

Howard

Fryatt

Subs

Pently

Brown

Berner

Clemence

N'Guesson

Dickov

Chambers

Simply i would find this line-up dissapointing

The 6 month contract of Pently indicates that he will have involvement in the future probably are 2nd choice

IM WORRIED :huh:

I would most proably say that this is the strongest team as well and I am worried to.

For me though, the midfield and the attacking options are poor. Really, I don't think that Oakley/King will be strong enough against other midfields within the division and I also think that Gradel and Dyer won't be good enough either.

Can't see Stevie and Fryatt 'banging 'em in' and with only Dickov/Chambers as back up well it aint looking very clever.

Cannot comment on Nielson as he has come from a different division in Scotland but I should think Mattock will be fine. Happy with Tunchev and Hobbs but its the other 6 positions and with only two more players coming in, I think we all have a right to be scared.

Come on Nigel/Milan, get them 'quality' stars in................

............. please :(:unsure::fc:

The team lineup there is strong enough for a mid-table berth imo. Considering how tight it is though between mid-table and a playoff push I, for one, would be disappointed with that tbh.

You want 'quality' signings you do one of two things: (1) bring in a youngster from the prem on loan who you hope 'can do a job' or (2) flash the cash.

At the end of the day, in football, money talks.

We've got a decent enough squad at the minute, and we know we are after a striker and a midfielder, who i imagine will be our 'big' signings and possibly our £1 million + players.

Pearson has brought in players who will add depth to the squad and not the big stars who will add that extra quality we need at the minute. If he had went about it the other way in buying 2 big named players and without signing players like Ajdarevic and Brown who will be there to fill in when needed, people would be moaning about depth of the squad at this stage.

In a couple of weeks we will have a more clear idea of what our squad will look like and money will have been spent, so why can't people have a little patience and let Pearson make sure the players who will cost money are the right ones for us, instead of doing what previous managers have done and just jumped straight in and spent big money on players who have failed to fit into our system.

Also, it is inevitable that we will make several loan signings during pre-season and throughout the season when Pearson thinks we need them to give the squad a bit extra to push up the table a bit, like Mark Davies last season. So overall at this stage of pre-season, im very happy with what Pearson has done and trust him to guide us to a very respectable finish next season and hopefully we can sneak into the play offs.

The team lineup there is strong enough for a mid-table berth imo. Considering how tight it is though between mid-table and a playoff push I, for one, would be disappointed with that tbh.

You want 'quality' signings you do one of two things: (1) bring in a youngster from the prem on loan who you hope 'can do a job' or (2) flash the cash.

At the end of the day, in football, money talks.

One word:

Akinbiyi

The squad is taking shape...everyone (including MM himself) seems to have acknowledged more signings are needed - and importantly, at least another midfielder and a striker have been identified and are on the list. It's encouraging without being exciting...but after years of shite perhaps this is what we need.

Having said that, I don't reckon we've spent more than 600k so far on fees, and I reckon we'll only need to spend 150-200k on N'Guessan (although obviously this will be fixed by tribunal - in any case, if Lincoln were asking for 400k, it will be much less than that). A summer expenditure of less than £1m would be really poor - I mean some clubs in the championship will spend two times that on a single player. We still need some more proven quality, and I'm afraid that costs...

Two words:

Peter Taylor.

Make it three:

Fool!

I'm not talking 'big money'. I'm talking money that will make a difference at this level. £2million is hardly ground breaking at championship level.

How much did Burnley spend mr money guy?

lol it seems as though everyone has forgot that there is time to buy players.

personally im happy with our squad apart from strikers and i think that a forgeign signing might come in for strikers which i wont be pleased about cause it usually takes players a season or two to get their style of play adjusted to english football.

Ok read all the comments on here take everything on board my summery...

1)yes its only 1st July

2)MM stated he has a 3 year plan

3)the fans and MM trust NP

4)the squad does need numbers and quality which has been acknowledged by the chairman

5)funds are limited not just at city but for all teams

6)we all want to get promoted to the prem but my personel target is the playoffs but a realistic aim is top 8

7)release funds both transfer and wages with the sale of DJ

8)I would love a "wow" player somebody in the Claridge mould, it would get the fans going and get bums on seats

I think we need two quality centre mid players one playmaker fighting with clemence (hoping hes fit come Auguest) and a experienced defensive midfield player fighting with King.

I think the wing positions are ok. Right side Oakley and Gradel/left side Dyer and N'gussen. Defence is fine, not worried about RB as Morrison can play there. If Gilbert comes its cool if not no worries.

Keeper I reserve judgement as I've not seen Wheale play I did like Stockdale think he is good cover if not first choice if he comes.

Strikers yes we all know this is our major problem. I actully think we need 3. I dont think Dickov will be good enough for the championship next season, the same applies to Chambers. I, and its just my thinking, we need a target man to replace Howard ( I know he was player of the year etc but I think he should be the back up player next year and not first choice).

Cover for Fryatt a striker with pace.

One other the player with a trick. The Frank Worthington type who can see a pass and do the unexpected, and can play in the "hole". Sadly these type of players are few and far between. Maybe NP can pluck one from Europe.

Budget seems a problem I dont think we will pay more than £1.5 million for any one player. But if was a 70+ year old with ambitions to be in the prem i'd give it a go...how long does he realistically expect to be here? or maybe he just wants sell us on and provide a good profit for his grandchildren... we shall see. Either way funds should be made available to NP.

In summery,I think we still need 4/5 QUALITY players if we are to have a real push next season. If we get two then its about establishing ourselves again the championship. Lets see what happens.

Archived