Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Radovan's Caravan

Your Mr Fry-Up

But it IS still wit. At least I don't need to compensate for my dysfunctionalities by holding up a History degree.

Worse than calling a Turner Prize entry 'art'. I am intrigued to know what your 'dysfunctionalities' are? Do they put you off learning about the past by any chance?

Allow me to 'compensate' for them - the Palestine Liberation Organisation was started by the Philistines in 999 BC(E).

Worse than calling a Turner Prize entry 'art'. I am intrigued to know what your 'dysfunctionalities' are? Do they put you off learning about the past by any chance?

Allow me to 'compensate' for them - the Palestine Liberation Organisation was started by the Philistines in 999 BC(E).

so i was right........

ok then

Sorry :rolleyes:

So you should be.

What makes your offence ten times worse is the fact that you agree with me. You are supposed to react in an extremely hostile way to anything that I post. This allows me to diagnose your behaviour as 'Oppositional Defiance Disorder.'

Geddit?

(Your reply - 'fook off you twat' etc etc is not eagerly awaited)

So you should be.

What makes your offence ten times worse is the fact that you agree with me. You are supposed to react in an extremely hostile way to anything that I post. This allows me to diagnose your behaviour as 'Oppositional Defiance Disorder.'

Geddit?

(Your reply - 'fook off you twat' etc etc is not eagerly awaited)

So why do you troll so much here, anyway? Are you really too inept to pit your wits against some proper nerds on the kind of forums your brand of self-satisfied, masturbatory pseudo-intellectualism is common-place?

Your coming here and trying to out book-smart FT's rank-and-file of chavs and football fans is a bit like Ricky Hatton swinging fists in a play pen. And you shouldn't really take that as a compliment, it's hardly like you're some immense bastion of IQ; you mostly just write drivel in more syllables than is necessary (I should know, I'm a master of the art) which makes you stand out in a fairly common crowd.

Being the nerd that got lost on his way to a proper forum is hardly going to get you laid in life.

So why do you troll so much here, anyway? Are you really too inept to pit your wits against some proper nerds on the kind of forums your brand of self-satisfied, masturbatory pseudo-intellectualism is common-place?

Your coming here and trying to out book-smart FT's rank-and-file of chavs and football fans is a bit like Ricky Hatton swinging fists in a play pen. And you shouldn't really take that as a compliment, it's hardly like you're some immense bastion of IQ; you mostly just write drivel in more syllables than is necessary which makes you stand out in a fairly common crowd.

Being the nerd that got lost on his way to a proper forum is hardly going to get you laid in life.

Your second paragraph is paradoxical. And your central allegation that it is easy to look smart on a forum like this is very second hand. After all it was only your truly who admitted as much himself on another thread.

You are at sixes and sevens when it comes to defining me as a 'real' or 'pseudo' nerd. This says more about your own insecurities than it does about mine.

And your desire to pile in with the disabled mob says even more...

Your second paragraph is paradoxical. And your central allegation that it is easy to look smart on a forum like this is very second hand. After all it was only your truly who admitted as much himself on another thread.

You are at sixes and sevens when it comes to defining me as a 'real' or 'pseudo' nerd. This says more about your own insecurities than it does about mine.

And your desire to pile in with the disabled mob says even more...

No no, you're very much a real nerd. Pseudo-intellectual, bona fide nerd. ;)

You might love the Thesaurus but I love internet forums and I've seen plentiful carbon copies of you. All huff and puff.

And there's a few on here that are prone to blow hot air simply for the sakes of it - I'm not excluded from that catergory - but I understand why all of them are here. I don't really get why you bother. From what I've seen of you posting it's all pretty generic attention seeking, love-gettig-a-rise-out-of-people stuff but just as many people roll their eyes as bite.

Would you really not get more kicks elsewhere?

No no, you're very much a real nerd. Pseudo-intellectual, bona fide nerd. ;)

You might love the Thesaurus but I love internet forums and I've seen plentiful carbon copies of you. All huff and puff.

And there's a few on here that are prone to blow hot air simply for the sakes of it - I'm not excluded from that catergory - but I understand why all of them are here. I don't really get why you bother. From what I've seen of you posting it's all pretty generic attention seeking, love-gettig-a-rise-out-of-people stuff but just as many people roll their eyes as bite.

Would you really not get more kicks elsewhere?

So real nerd are pseudo intellectuals are they? A waste of time going onto a 'proper' forum then. Let me undo the intellectual knots that you've got yourself into.

You're the one with the intellectual chip on your shoulder (consider yourself well adjusted - you've got a national one on your other) that's why your allegations lack consistency. As you well know I have never made any claims about my intellect.

You see what really bothers you is that others have - and they haven't about yours.

So real nerd are pseudo intellectuals are they? A waste of time going onto a 'proper' forum then. Let me undo the intellectual knots that you've got yourself into.

You're the one with the intellectual chip on your shoulder (consider yourself well adjusted - you've got a national one on your other) that's why your allegations lack consistency. As you well know I have never made any claims about my intellect.

You see what really bothers you is that others have - and they haven't about yours.

Can you just fast forward to the point where you make threats to beat everyone up and then disappear for a year or two?

I'm sure this was a thread about Fryatt when I stuck my head in here yesterday. Oh well, the nerd-off is quite entertaining :D

...let's have a go ....

can I just offer the opinion that he is still quite young and will certainly get better but some posters hark back to previous under-achievement in past seasons as evidence that he will not improve or is playing at a level above his ability- I think is a little unfair on what appears to be a level- headed individual who has demonstrated a loyalty to the club.

He is clearly a confidence player- check out some of the audacious finishes last year when he was scoring for fun (albeit in league 1)

we need a regular goalscorer, we won't challenge in this division without one and there aren't a lot of options around the age of 23 with his scoring record for what we could afford to pay

right back to the abuse-fest.........

Seen a few of his finishes on footie tube and must say that I am impressed (and as you all know as this forum's resident English footie hater in residence it would take something special in the English football department to impress me).

I like his technique and his coolness (now why does one Frank Worthington spring to mind?). Some very old pretenders to the England strikers' slots could learn a thing or two from this young Turk.

Like how not to bottle a one on one...

Thanks Chandler.

:yawn:

It's amazing how quick and easy it is to gather information via the internet in order to make oneself seem intellectual.

Which somehow suggests that the idea of being "intellectual" is something to be aimed for as a means of becoming "superior" to others.

It's not.

It might reflect someone's desire to increase their knowledge and, in their estimation, get the best out of themselves.

But in reality being intellectual makes no-one any better than a soldier, carpenter or charity worker and intellectuals, for all their supposed brain power, have been responsible for some sadly misguided thinking and some mightily dramatic cock-ups.

Not that Radavan (or Chandler) has made any claims concerning intellectuality. He's just being him from what I can see and why not? I don't see anything wrong with his manner of expression any more than anyone else's.

As for Fryatt to some extent his goals speak for themsemselves. I've no problem with his missed chances - even the easy ones - because all strikers miss embarrassingly simple chances at times.

What pleases me is that Fryatt gets chances. Even when he's being shackled he seems to worm his way into a couple of decent shooting positions in every game.

Fryatt has some good qualities, no question, but what bothers me about him is his apparent limitations.

It's encouraging that he seems to have worked on his sharpness cos without that a striker has no chance. Fryatt looks as fit and as quick as he's been since his arrival at City and that's enabling him to get the best out of his current ability. But whether he can learn to jump, win headers, and score a wider range of goals I don't know.

I hope so though. He's still young.

Which somehow suggests that the idea of being "intellectual" is something to be aimed for as a means of becoming "superior" to others.

It's not.

It might reflect someone's desire to increase their knowledge and, in their estimation, get the best out of themselves.

But in reality being intellectual makes no-one any better than a soldier, carpenter or charity worker and intellectuals, for all their supposed brain power, have been responsible for some sadly misguided thinking and some mightily dramatic cock-ups.

As for Fryatt to some extent his goals speak for themsemselves. I've no problem with his missed chances - even the easy ones - because all strikers miss embarrassingly simple chances at times.

What pleases me is that Fryatt gets chances. Even when he's being shackled he seems to worm his way into a couple of decent shooting positions in every game.

Fryatt has some good qualities, no question, but what bothers me about him is his apparent limitations.

It's encouraging that he seems to have worked on his sharpness cos without that a striker has no chance. Fryatt looks as fit and as quick as he's been since his arrival at City and that's enabling him to get the best out of his current ability. But whether he can learn to jump, win headers, and score a wider range of goals I don't know.

I hope so though. He's still young.

I agree with everything in this post, but to continue talking about Fryatt, I think his apparent limitations can be worked on. For me they are physical, and he can work on getting faster and fitter. It seems he must already have done some sprint work as people are talking about his pace. And he always seemed on the slow side to me.

I'm not slagging off Fryatt for being untalented, I'm slagging him for being too selfish at times and having too many lazy spells.

In essence, I just want him to perform better than he's doing right now. I know he's only 23, so there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Not that Radavan (or Chandler) has made any claims concerning intellectuality. He's just being him from what I can see and why not? I don't see anything wrong with his manner of expression any more than anyone else's.

Really?

It's fine to be intelligent, or indeed an "intellectual". It's the condescending nature of his posts that I take issue with. You can be articulate and knowledgeable without the need to strive to demean other posters on here with arguably inferior "wisdom".

Archived