Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Glastonbury 2010

Sold out already, egads.

Didn't it take ages to sell out last year? What's different this time round? I imagine people are hoping Lady Gaga is on again

It took ages to sell out last year because people were being overly careful with money. This year it went off amazingly well so it was to be expected that it'd sell much better. I think it is also cheaper this year.

It's more because I probably won't be able to afford the ticket now so the only way I can possibly go is if I get the money off :P

Being a Uni student can be infuriating lol

My student loan came through last week :P.

Mainly gonna be spent on (other than accom) books and possiblya laptop later on in the year.

My student loan came through last week :P .

Mainly gonna be spent on (other than accom) books and possiblya laptop later on in the year.

I have the joy of not having a load because I had just about enough savings to cover it, unfortunately my 'I want to buy a new car' fund is empty and I have to be very careful with money so as not to overextend myself  <_<

Im pretty sure the tickets are £10 more expensive this year. And also the initial tickets have sold out so fast due to the fact that its the 40th anniversary, so its gonna be pretty special.

Also, this isnt the whole allocation thats sold out, just the initial batch. There will be more going on sale at certain points, although it may be harder to get them this way

I think I'd rather go and see Andy Williams. He's 81! Bloody hell

Not to mention the dozen or so festivals on the continent that are sooo much better than Glasto

......................with guaranteed sun and the pleasure of knowing you're not being fleeced by that twat Eavis, The Mean Fiddler and Live Nation!

Not to mention the dozen or so festivals on the continent that are sooo much better than Glasto

......................with guaranteed sun and the pleasure of knowing you're not being fleeced by that twat Eavis, The Mean Fiddler and Live Nation!

Part of me agrees. I went to Exit in Serbia in 2008 and it was amazing. Flights, camping, ticket and transfers all came to about the same as a Glastonbury ticket. Weather was perfect, beer was £1 and the atmosphere was sensational.

But then I've never been to Glasto and in my eyes it's something everyone should do at least once. Luckily then that I managed to get myself a ticket so will be there next year!

Almost everybody I know that's been to Glasto had the best weekend + of their life there. Only time i've not loved it was 07 when it was just too wet. But it's a special place. And how do you get 'fleeced' by Eavis? The amount of £ that festival gives to charity is awesome, and accounts for almost all the profit made.

Disagree. I've been Sonar, Exit, Melt, Mysterland, SOS 4.8, Sneakerz and whilst they were all absolutely nuts, nothing ****s with Glastonbury on a sunny day. It's ade akinbiyi overpriced and definitely not as good as it was but it's still the best weekend of the year.

tickets went on sale today, did anyone get one??

seetickets website is saying its sold out, im not sure if thats the full allocation that went on sale today.

My mate has contacts at seetickets so im hoping he can sort mine out.

Got my ticket on friday!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Almost everybody I know that's been to Glasto had the best weekend + of their life there. Only time i've not loved it was 07 when it was just too wet. But it's a special place. And how do you get 'fleeced' by Eavis? The amount of £ that festival gives to charity is awesome, and accounts for almost all the profit made.

So the Mean Fiddler and Live Nation are in it for the money! Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Archived