Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Glastonbury 2010

• 4 months later...

i could do with some tips on some of the bands that are on.

not heard of most on the Park stage etc

depends what music you like really thing with Glasto is if you didn't like it go and see some random african drumming or something weird.

Just a few that stand out for me are

Frank Turner

Band of skulls (excellent live)

Broken Bells

Mos Def

The Black Keys

The Flaming Lips

We Are Scientists

The Cribs (great live band)

oh an Orbital will blow the place apart well worth seeing live

depends what music you like really thing with Glasto is if you didn't like it go and see some random african drumming or something weird.

Just a few that stand out for me are

Frank Turner

Band of skulls (excellent live)

Broken Bells

Mos Def

The Black Keys

The Flaming Lips

We Are Scientists

The Cribs (great live band)

oh an Orbital will blow the place apart well worth seeing live

not keen on the bottom 3 but ill check out the rest of your list.

seen Orbital at glasto in 2004, they were really good. didnt really know any of there stuff too.

Loving the look of the line up, I'll be definitely trying to see most of the following:

Snoop Dogg

Stevie Wonder

Faithless

Hot Chip

Orbital

LCD Soundsystem

MGMT

Grizzly Bear

Mumford & Sons

The XX

Delphic

Field Music

Mos Def

Breakestra with Chali 2na

Bonobo

Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Quantic

Matthew Herbert Big Band

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble

Plan B

Crystal Castles

Filthy Dukes

Simian Mobile Disco

Foreign Beggars

Stanton Warriors

Adam F

Ridiculous stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a shock :rolleyes:

U2 have cancelled their headline slot at Glastonbury.

The band were forced to pull out from their Friday night slot on the Pyramid Stage after frontman BONO was told to rest for at least two months following emergency surgery on his back.

In a statement on the Glastonbury website, Bono said he was "heartbroken" at not being able to be a part of the festival's 40th anniversary celebrations.

Bono said: "We really wanted to be there to do something really special - we even wrote a song especially for the Festival. I'm heartbroken."

It's been rumoured DIZZEE RASCAL or COLDPLAY will fill the void.

But organiser MICHAEL EAVIS said it was too early to think about a replacement.

He said: "It was obvious from our telephone conversation that U2 are hugely disappointed.

"At this point, we have no comment to make about possible replacements for U2's Friday night slot. Instead, we would simply like to send Bono our very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery."

The band have also been forced to postpone 16 shows on the north American leg of their U2360 Tour until 2011.

Manager Paul McGuinness said: "Our biggest and I believe best tour has been interrupted and we're all devastated. For a performer who lives to be on stage, this is more than a blow. He feels robbed of the chance to do what he does best and feels like he has badly let down the band and their audience. Which is of course nonsense.

"His concerns about more than a million ticket buyers whose plans have been turned upside down, we all share, but the most important thing right now is that Bono makes a full recovery."

Bono has been discharged from the Ludwig Maximilians-University Hospital in Munich, Germany, after undergoing surgery but will undergo eight weeks of rehabilitation.

Dr. Muller Wohlfahrt said: "We are treating Bono as we would treat any of our athletes and while the surgery has gone very well, the coming weeks are crucial for a return to full health. In the next days, he will start a light rehabilitation program, with increasing intensity over the next eight weeks. In our experience, this is the minimum time."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/2986702/U2-pull-out-of-Glastonbury.html#ixzz0oxKVyTBX

Such an oddly written article. lol

Looking forward to see the Gorillaz spectacle on TV though when the time finally comes...

I did think it was a weird way of writing it. Heard it on the radio, and this was the first article that came up when I googled it.

One of the virtual members of the group, Murdoc, commented on the Glastonbury website in the band's usual sarcastic tone: "It was us or The Beatles and they split up years ago. The previous soldiers got pulled from duty last minute so it's up to my Plastic Beach naval cavalry to sail in and sort the battlefield out."

lol

I wouldn't get too excited about the 'spectacle' of the Gorillaz show. They have seemed to drop the cartoon thing of late and just played as a band, including at Coachella. Seems like they are playing with a screen behind of the characters and then Damon and co. on stage, might be different for Glasto because it's the 40th anniversary, either way, still be a good show, can't wait for September to see them.

Archived